Meanwhile, over at FinHeaven....

17 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I believe Poyer mentioned they moved from two high to single high after the first half in an effort to stop the run.  McDaniel has great ability to scheme a gameplan on offense, but I dont think he adjusts well.  In the second half, we saw the exact same concepts and formations from the first half, and then once it was stopped a few times he just abandoned it entirely.

There have also been metrics that show the Dolphins get worse and worse in efficiency as games go on.  It's exactly what you said, if you stop them early, your chances of winning go up and up as the game goes on.

McD gets flak, but he did a great job handling Miami's offense.  It reminded me of his ability to stop the Ravens as well.  He really forces teams to win in secondary manners.  He wont let you run your offense over and over again.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but let's hope he's using that ability once again in about 3 weeks.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I wonder if his little backflip TD celebration was a great idea… 🤔

I was thinking the same thing - what an idiot!  He was in a walking boot yesterday and now, in the biggest game of the season, he's putting more pressure on his bad wheel by doing backflips.  What a fool.  I don't question his talent - he's arguably the best WR in the league when healthy, but what a jackass.  He truly took stupidity to the next level.  If a Bills player that was critical to the team's success did that on a bad ankle, I would have been furious.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

Tua is a fantastic QB for McDaniels' system, which is to make one read and throw the ball very quickly. He's also decent to great at presnap reads.

But he's a horrific improviser and can't go through progressions at an elite level. Once you take away the designed first option his efficiency plummets. 

Compare and contrast Jackson.

They're very much alike. Neither can make progressions.  Tua can read the field like a book quickly. Jackson can read the field like a coloring book. Both can and will blast the ball out quickly. Both will scramble or make mistakes trying to prolong a play. Jackson, however can succeed with athletic skills when moving. Neither has developed all 3 levels of the passing game according to their potential. 

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Ok im glad im not the only one. I was thinking dude is really pushing his luck.

by the end of the game he could barely run and had to take himself out.. maybe the shot wore off? 

same thing Hill did with KC. Every snap was basically a 40 yard dash but eventually it took its toll on him and he became less effective toward the end of the year. 

9 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

....there is, as expected, much gnashing of teeth.

Some of the more interesting thread discussions, include, (but are not limited to):

- Fire Danny Crossman!

- We got stupid fans

- Trade for Justin Fields

- The Dolphins have had a curse ever since moving to this stadium built on a native American burial ground

Feel free to add your own favourites.

So funny you posted this cuz I was over there laughing and just enjoying tasting their tears.  They have soooooo much vile hatred of Bills, Josh Allen, Buffalo the city, Bills fans, etc...its crazy.  

I find it funny when they talk about how "low class" Buffalo and the people who live there are when the majority of their posters sound like they didn't even get a G.E.D. let alone a HS diploma and try and talk all tough and street lmao.  Especially when anyone I know who has gone to Buffalo will echo the same thing we felt when we were there...the city and near areas like Niagra Falls are beautiful, the people are incredibly friendly and nice, and the food is great.  

Miami on the other hand is a cess pool while Buffalo is one of the fastest growing tech cities in the world and one of the fastest growing cities in the world of ages 18-35, a sign of a thriving city for youth and employment.  And I am born and raised in CA, so I am not saying that as a homer as I have never lived in Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

McDaniel had a really nice plan on offense to run the ball with those wide runs to keep the defense off balance. McDermott must have made some sort of adjustment that took that away and that was essentially their run game so they became one dimensional. 

The Shanahan tree/system is impressive and wins a lot of games, but from what I've read there are relatively few plays in the game plan, so if you can catch on before they get up multiple scores on you it's also quite stop able. 

The Shanahan plan is get up multiple scores and then just lean on you. It also cost him twice in the Super Bowl (Atlanta/NE and SF/KC) when the other teams caught on early enough and they didn't have the talent advantage to just win anyway. 

Also, I think Hill's ankle got worse and worse as the game went on.

Dolphins are a lot like the 49ers in that they had a Pro Bowl roster and were just too fast to cover. But then guys start getting hurt and the delta between them and every other offense gets smaller. Tua is still Tua, but he doesn't add much, just like Purdy. Then DC's catch onto some of what you're doing and adjust. 

IMO, that's why "injuries cost us a Super Bowl" is the mantra of a Shanahan system 

The Shanny disciples can be figured out by good defensive coaches if they are hiding the QB.

Which is why BB took McVay’s lunch money in the  first Super Bowl.

And why McDermott dogwalks McDaniel.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, boyst said:

Compare and contrast Jackson.

They're very much alike. Neither can make progressions.  Tua can read the field like a book quickly. Jackson can read the field like a coloring book. Both can and will blast the ball out quickly. Both will scramble or make mistakes trying to prolong a play. Jackson, however can succeed with athletic skills when moving. Neither has developed all 3 levels of the passing game according to their potential. 

I think you are shorting Lamar Jackson of today, based on Lamar when he came into the league.  I think you're suffering from confirmation bias, and maybe other bias.

Most people who know football seem to give Jackson props for how he has developed as an actual QB and how the Ravens passing game has developed, especially this last year.  Seems GRo was a giant plug holding back their passing game - who woulda thunk?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think you are shorting Lamar Jackson of today, based on Lamar when he came into the league.  I think you're suffering from confirmation bias, and maybe other bias.

Most people who know football seem to give Jackson props for how he has developed as an actual QB and how the Ravens passing game has developed, especially this last year.  Seems GRo was a giant plug holding back their passing game - who woulda thunk?

Oh he's got a lot better. Much more patient. Much more willing to let a play develop. But it's not a 3rd option or a read the full play. He's had his best year as a QB as a pro by a mile. 

Thanks for the insinuation, though. That was cute and not accurate 

1 hour ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Finheaven is hilarious not only are the dolphins the weakest fan base theyre also completely clueless about, ya know, how football works and all that

I got to agree.  This board is pretty bad after a loss or when things are trending badly, but as much as our general football knowledge frustrates some of our best X's and O's guys here, FinHeaven makes us look like we all got football degrees.

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

Oh he's got a lot better. Much more patient. Much more willing to let a play develop. But it's not a 3rd option or a read the full play. He's had his best year as a QB as a pro by a mile. 

Thanks for the insinuation, though. That was cute and not accurate 

You seem to have read something into it.  There are a lot of kinds of bias, but where did you go? 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I got to agree.  This board is pretty bad after a loss or when things are trending badly, but as much as our general football knowledge frustrates some of our best X's and O's guys here, FinHeaven makes us look like we all got football degrees.

You seem to have read something into it.  There are a lot of kinds of bias, but where did you go? 

the wrongest of ways and if i was wrong than i apologize.

the first 5-8 games somewhere i kept seeing his stats and hearing the hype and realized he's doing great.  watched a game or so and saw a great improvement. he doesn't rush to pull it down and run or force a bad throw. he has thrown to better WR's and thrown them open much better than he has before.

i watched him in several games later. the fins game he wasn't reading beyond the second option.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I thought that too... guy was in a boot this week in his house fire photo 

I'm calling BS on everything that team does with injuries.  Like with Waddle and Mostert.  They're out... they're improving... no, they're out... wait, they practiced today... no, they're still out... didn't feel any pain... nope, still out.  Right up until 4 or 5 o clock we were getting conflicting reports on both of them.  ***** off with your mind games, McDaniel.

11 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

- The Dolphins have had a curse ever since moving to this stadium built on a native American burial ground

Apparently 80% of the NFL is built on native american burial grounds lol

• Haha (+1) 3

I actually feel sorry for Dolphins fans, we all know how excruciating the 17 year drought was, 4 straight SB losses, etc. But they have a hell of a team down there and still think their future is bright, just got hit hard with ridiculous injuries at the worse possible time. A few plays go differently and it'd be a much different reality right now for both the Bills and Dolphins.

With that said I'm definitely rooting for them to go into KC and play the game of their lives to try and pull the massive upset because I want zero part of the  Chiefs in the playoffs....could care less that it's in Buffalo because Mahome is not going to be denied an another AFFCG appearance (at minimum) this year.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Coming into the game, Miami was 11-0 when leading at halftime, the only team in the NFL that could boast an undefeated record in that circumstance. Feels good to end that for them. Their fans must be livid their vaunted offense did nothing the entire 2nd half.

They were also 7-1 at home and fairly dominant in most games.

Truly impressive what this Bills team was able to do last night, especially being able to shut down their potent (albeit hobbled) offense down. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Nelius said:

I think this is the third time now this weekend that I’ve seen Fields tossed around as a solution for teams. Man it pays to be a C-level QB with some starting experience that can run. Years ago we called that Tyrod Taylor.

I think Fields would be a great fit for the Falcons, but I don't know if his trade price tag will be worth it.  Fields is from the Atlanta area and played his high school ball here.  

41 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I actually feel sorry for Dolphins fans, we all know how excruciating the 17 year drought was, 4 straight SB losses, etc. But they have a hell of a team down there and still think their future is bright, just got hit hard with ridiculous injuries at the worse possible time. A few plays go differently and it'd be a much different reality right now for both the Bills and Dolphins.

With that said I'm definitely rooting for them to go into KC and play the game of their lives to try and pull the massive upset because I want zero part of the  Chiefs in the playoffs....could care less that it's in Buffalo because Mahome is not going to be denied an another AFFCG appearance (at minimum) this year.

I don’t. They have been talking ***** all year despite getting rocked by any team with a competent coaching staff. Last night was the least surprising game all weekend

The Bills had 3 TOs, 2 in the red zone and got stopped before the half for another missed score and still won. That shows the gap between the teams IMO. This game could have easily been 35-14

• Like (+1) 9

35 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They were also 7-1 at home and fairly dominant in most games.

Truly impressive what this Bills team was able to do last night, especially being able to shut down their potent (albeit hobbled) offense down. 

Over the last 5 years when has BFLo NOT shut down their potent offense, hobbled or not?

Who know who's the architect of this? 😉 

56 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I agree with this. I like Tua and think he is a good QB, they have done a good job with McDaniel building him and the team up. I couldn't imagine with how high they were feeling and their playoff history which is pretty dark going on 3 decades how yesterday feels to get stomped out when it felt for so long like breakthrough. I still thing for the foreseable future they are a problem and do win a division while being competitive, BUT Hill is aging, they have to pay Tua, and their cap isn't great. The time with Tua still being cheap was the last two years, now like every other QB who gets paid it puts more of the onus on him and they could have regret 2-3 years down the road.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't know why, but for some reason, when I see the name FilthyBeast, I think of a poster who has been exposed as an actual Dolphins fan... weird, right?

• Like (+1) 2

I also want to take a moment to shout out to the admins who keep this board running and whomever maintains the system and coding. Because every time I head to an opponent's message board to gloat it makes my eyes bleed. Come on, it's 2024, a decade ago you couldn't throw a stone without braining a web designer.

(Note to self, see if that warrant is still out)

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I think Fields would be a great fit for the Falcons, but I don't know if his trade price tag will be worth it.  Fields is from the Atlanta area and played his high school ball here.  

I have to imagine the Bears would be happy getting a 2nd rounder for him. Everyone knows they are about to cut him and move on.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I also want to take a moment to shout out to the admins who keep this board running and whomever maintains the system and coding. Because every time I head to an opponent's message board to gloat it makes my eyes bleed. Come on, it's 2024, a decade ago you couldn't throw a stone without braining a web designer.

(Note to self, see if that warrant is still out)

Agree, this setup is top notch here

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

McDaniel had a really nice plan on offense to run the ball with those wide runs to keep the defense off balance. McDermott must have made some sort of adjustment that took that away and that was essentially their run game so they became one dimensional. 

The Shanahan tree/system is impressive and wins a lot of games, but from what I've read there are relatively few plays in the game plan, so if you can catch on before they get up multiple scores on you it's also quite stop able. 

The Shanahan plan is get up multiple scores and then just lean on you. It also cost him twice in the Super Bowl (Atlanta/NE and SF/KC) when the other teams caught on early enough and they didn't have the talent advantage to just win anyway. 

Also, I think Hill's ankle got worse and worse as the game went on.

Dolphins are a lot like the 49ers in that they had a Pro Bowl roster and were just too fast to cover. But then guys start getting hurt and the delta between them and every other offense gets smaller. Tua is still Tua, but he doesn't add much, just like Purdy. Then DC's catch onto some of what you're doing and adjust. 

IMO, that's why "injuries cost us a Super Bowl" is the mantra of a Shanahan system 

3 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I wonder if his little backflip TD celebration was a great idea… 🤔

I remember thinking about that as in the 2nd half he kept coming to the sideline when they really needed him. If he was in pain, then that might be partially behind is drops/letting the ball get punched out.

I mean, it would be delicious karma.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.