Game Balls

CSBill

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Both.  Bad JA placement, but Davis literally just fell, likely could have batted it down.  

On both INTs in the endzone, Miami's D made stupid mistakes costing them yardage.  1st Apple runs out of the endzone giving Miami bad field position.  Then they lose yardage by catching the ball in the endzone instead of knocking it down & going back to the LOS on 4th down.  I wonder if either play has Fins fans complaining about the D backs being poorly coached.  

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

On both INTs in the endzone, Miami's D made stupid mistakes costing them yardage.  1st Apple runs out of the endzone giving Miami bad field position.  Then they lose yardage by catching the ball in the endzone instead of knocking it down & going back to the LOS on 4th down.  I wonder if either play has Fins fans complaining about the D backs being poorly coached.  

The 4th down catch in the endzone was particularly egregious.  It was actually a good interception for the Bills.    

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Diggs

Kincaid 

Sherfield 

Harty

2nd half Defense 

Josh can have one of those NE deflated balls because of that atrocious 1st half before turning around and becoming the QB we love in the 2nd.

• Haha (+1) 1

You know this may sound crazy, but i think in the future 73 could be a kick ass all pro type center.

Just now, Dan in Owego said:

You know this may sound crazy, but i think in the future 73 could be a kick ass all pro type center.

In regards to VanDemark as a tackle prospect.

58 minutes ago, Cray51 said:
1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Davis ran a full route when Dolphins showed cover 0 blitz.  You need to either make the cut immediately or run a dig.  He did neither.  Was a lack of understanding

With Davis off DK, DK, etc took advantage. I think it’s time lower Davis time

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta give McD props on this one. 

He made all the right calls.

Pitched a ***** out in the second half and held them to just 14 points on the road.

I wouldn't even have Spector on the roster let alone play him over Williams but he played well. Instincts can't be taught and he seemed to pick the right place to be.

Miami tried to isolate him on a RB at least once and I was terrified of him in man coverage. But Miami through the other way. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You give him two - one to keep and one to throw interception or fumble.

Let’s be ignorant - dudes the best baller you have EVER SEEN in your life and your trashing him 

dumb

Next 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Let’s be ignorant - dudes the best baller you have EVER SEEN in your life and your trashing him 

dumb

Next 

Not trashing him but he repeatedly makes mistakes so needs more balls. 

And do not make personal attacks or I will report.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

Big balls McDermott 

sorry to be a bummer because I’m on cloud 9 for the win today and think Josh and this team can win it all BUT…

I’m still so done with McD. Love the team, the fight of these players and ya thanks for showing you had a set of “big balls” today McD but your halftime interview of throwing your QB under the bus shows you’re not a real leader of men and are a ME guy that always passes the blame. After cook dropped a TD, then a full out blitz and Josh gives Ty Johnson a chance at a TD, you basically say Josh F’d up “you can’t throw that ball, it has to be in the end zone or on the sidelines”…tell Josh that in private if that’s what you think. It’s always about placing the blame on someone else, defer to someone else. Fire coordinators, or the Diggs stuff earlier in the season he says “I’m extremely worried about Diggs not being here”…he just needs to go

My dream scenario is we win the Super Bowl and he retires from coaching and then we get Jim Harbaugh who would actually elevate this team every year instead of depending on super man, Josh Allen to bail this team out. Josh would sore to new levels with a coach who didn’t stifle him. 

I am thrilled we won because I’m a bills fan and I believe in these players but I also am a realist and know that if we had almost any other head coach in these playoffs (Reid, Shanahan, Mcvay, McDaniel, Harbaugh, Campbell, Lafleur) we would be blowing teams out weekly because they would know what an unbelievable talent Josh is and would nurture the heck out of making him the best player in the nfl. 

9 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I thought Harty's punt return totally flipped momentum and Dolphins did nothing after that

If I'm a special teams coach, I'm listening to the analytics guys and telling Harty "if it's gonna bounce behind the 10, just let it roll or you'll never return a punt again for us."

But sometimes a player with special skills knows that he needs to try to make a play to change the way the game is headed. That's what Harty did!

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If I'm a special teams coach, I'm listening to the analytics guys and telling Harty "if it's gonna bounce behind the 10, just let it roll or you'll never return a punt again for us."

But sometimes a player with special skills knows that he needs to try to make a play to change the way the game is headed. That's what Harty did!

I think he said he thought he was around the 10 yard line

"I get a game ball, you get a game ball, EVERYBODY gets a game ball!"

Deonte Harty. His return changed the game.

Trent Sherfield. That catch was not easy. It represented one of only two touchdowns scored by the offense.

Christian Benford. The interception, the big PD down the sideline against Hill. Man handled business all night.

Dane Jackson. Looking Rasul in the eye and saying "If you're not 100%, I promise I got you" and then going out and delivering like he did? Chills.

Josh Allen. I know, I know. You could give him one of these every week. But how do you NOT give him one for last night? Best player on the field.

With all of that said, my primary game ball, my biggest kudos, goes to....

Coach McDermott. We all know what has happened this season regarding Coach McDermott. We all know the things that have been said, and very publicly. I myself advocated for moving on from McDermott in the offseason on this forum. It's only fair, then, that I point out the following: Since the bye week, he has been absolutely on fire as a defensive coordinator. He completely changed the look and feel of this defense coming out of the bye, and we saw the results last night.

Zero points allowed in the second half. ZERO POINTS ALLOWED IN THE SECOND HALF. Missing Tre, Milano, Rasul, Dodsen, and with Von Miller a shell of himself. The man has orchestrated a top five scoring defense this season with scrap parts and band-aids, and make no mistake, it has played just as big a role as Josh Allen in winning the Bills the AFC East.

Aside from the actual defensive playcalling, he has shown a new level of aggression and guts since the Dunne article came out. 4th quarter defensive decisions, 4th down decisions, all of it. That decision to go for the 1st down on their own -- what was it, 35 yard line? -- late in the 4th quarter. Wow. I was in shock. The way the game was called in the 4th quarter when the Bills had the ball thereafter, too. Staying aggressive. And speaking of the Dunne article, the team absolutely rallied around coach McDermott the moment it was released. This team has NOT given up on this coach. And what did we see after the game? Something I've never seen. Coach McDermott....DANCING a little bit in the locker room?! 

Coach Sean McDermott. Applause where its due. Hell of a game, hell of a second half of the season, and kudos on your adjustments. You get the primary game ball.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Airbornetrooper said:

For once, McDermott. That gutsy 4th and 1 call (twice) was completely out of character for him. 

and to be honest, I think it was a bad spot by the officials. Yet because it was a mass of bodies there's no way to know where the ball was. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Who was at fault for the first INT?  Davis or Josh?

Hard to say, depends what the rules of the offense are when it’s an all out blitz. We’ve now seen Allen go for the quick developing route (straight) vs the all out blitz and Davis took an angle at the top of the route twice. 

Clear option route, someone isn’t reading the defense correctly. 

31 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Hard to say, depends what the rules of the offense are when it’s an all out blitz. We’ve now seen Allen go for the quick developing route (straight) vs the all out blitz and Davis took an angle at the top of the route twice. 

Clear option route, someone isn’t reading the defense correctly. 

I looked at the first INT again and when Josh throws the ball, Davis is moving to the outside but he then cuts inside.  I can't fault Josh on that one.   

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I looked at the first INT again and when Josh throws the ball, Davis is moving to the outside but he then cuts inside.  I can't fault Josh on that one.   

Ummm Josh never looked, he just unleashed the ball right to the defense.  That’s on Josh.  I find it VERY odd, most of Allen’s head scratching INTs seem to be going to Davis and I think he and Josh are not on the same page, I want Davis on the bench, but still, THAT one is on Allen.

13 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Ummm Josh never looked, he just unleashed the ball right to the defense.  That’s on Josh.  I find it VERY odd, most of Allen’s head scratching INTs seem to be going to Davis and I think he and Josh are not on the same page, I want Davis on the bench, but still, THAT one is on Allen.

I recorded the game and watched the play 5 times.  Josh threw the ball to where Davis was going but then Davis decided to cut-in when he should have realized there was an all-out blitz and he didn't have time to get cute.  There's a reason why Apple was where he was, i.e. because he was shadowing Davis (until Davis made his cut).

Edited by Doc

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wonder if Davis is the hot WR on that play? 

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

I recorded the game and watched the play 5 times.  Josh threw the ball to where Davis was going but then Davis decided to cut-in when he should have realized there was an all-out blitz and he didn't have time to get cute.  There's a reason why Apple was where he was, i.e. because he was shadowing Davis (until Davis made his cut).

Same thing vs Eagles. 

Davis running option routes are not a good thing. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I agree that Davis got to the top of his route and then changed to get better position, but Josh can’t just throw blindly.   I 100% put it on Davis for the Eagles, but this one, he did what he’s supposed to do, work to the middle.  He was covered at the top of the route, under blitz, he’s supposed to work to the middle.   Josh is not infallible, he’s single handedly tried to blow many games for us, he’s also won a lot w crazy greatness.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I agree that Davis got to the top of his route and then changed to get better position, but Josh can’t just throw blindly.   I 100% put it on Davis for the Eagles, but this one, he did what he’s supposed to do, work to the middle.  He was covered at the top of the route, under blitz, he’s supposed to work to the middle.   Josh is not infallible, he’s single handedly tried to blow many games for us, he’s also won a lot w crazy greatness.   

He didn't throw blindly: he threw it to where Davis was, thinking he'd stay that direction.  Again in that situation Davis doesn't have all the time in the world to get fancy with his route running. 

And no Josh isn't infallible and I'll call him out when he deserves it, like in the first Jets game.  But going forward I hope Josh doesn't throw to Davis under duress because it seems to go wrong more than right.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.