Three Dolphins Starters Suffer Serious Injuries against Ravens

johnk

12 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Winning the AFC East and booting us from the playoffs is Miami’s Super Bowl. 

I could see that as well. I don't see any possibility they can go all in and win in the Wild Card. It will be difficult for us even TBH. This is going to be such a physical game unless we open a wound early like last time.  

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Our best bet is that Dolphins have already clinched the playoffs and have no home field advantage anyhow so does seeding really matter? If anyone is banged up maybe they decide not to rush them back so they are ready for the playoffs 

They are guaranteed in the playoffs already…and if they win and we still make the playoffs we are likely gonna see them again 

19 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Winning the AFC East and booting us from the playoffs is Miami’s Super Bowl. 

I think they see the superbowl as their superbowl tbh lol. They won’t be in a hurry to rush back banged up players with the playoffs already clinched imo 

57 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Prepare like you fully expect everyone to play cause this is it. There isn’t a tomorrow 

What makes you think the team isn't going to do that?

The only people discussing false "motivations" are fans in this thread.

For some reason, sports fans always feel a need to invent psychological explanations for things.

Pro football players just go out and play hard.  No room or need for special story lines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Our best bet is that Dolphins have already clinched the playoffs and have no home field advantage anyhow so does seeding really matter? If anyone is banged up maybe they decide not to rush them back so they are ready for the playoffs 

I mean I’m not the most homerish fan, but I’m not walking around scared of the Dolphins, scared of getting blown out and embarrassed. 

If we lose, we lose. But no way am I just bowing down to that team like a scared puppy under the kitchen table. 

Good week of practice here and attack them like a wrecking ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Tua got hurt when they were down 42-19 in the 4th quarter. Chubb went down with 3:00 minutes left down 49-19. I feel bad for the players but the Dolphins were idiots for keeping them in there that long

The Dolphins organization plays incredibly loose with their player health and safety. Nothing new.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, johnk said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-sustain-key-injuries-against-ravens

...Tagovailoa’s throwing arm (his left) was rolled up on at the end of a fourth-down scramble for a gain that didn’t continue the drive.

Pass rusher Bradley Chubb, whose 11 sacks leads the Dolphins defense, suffered what appears to be a right knee injury on a late fourth-quarter drive, and was carted off the field.

And cornerback Xavien Howard suffered a troublesome foot injury on the Ravens first possession of the game and never returned to the contest.

All three injuries could drastically alter how the Dolphins operate on offense and defense in the season finale against the Buffalo Bills...

tumblr_lwa3vxD0qo1qj44ruo1_500.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

??? Our best bet is just to beat them. Dallas aside, every time they’ve played a winning team they’ve gotten smoked. Time to keep that trend alive. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

some of y’all come up with the wildest theories 

Yea the only way that makes sense is if they truly believed they had no shot at the 1 seed 

15 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Tua will play.

If he’s got a hurt throwing shoulder I hope he plays honestly…just cuz a guy is playing doesn’t mean he’s 100%.  Shoulder/elbow injuries can really affect touch/accuracy on those middle of the field throws 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Waddle has a high ankle sprain, those take at least 4 weeks to recover from am sure he's definitely out.

Didn't Kelce have one then a few shots later he was playing without missing a game.........without any negative repercussions down the road.

49 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't Kelce have one then a few shots later he was playing without missing a game.........without any negative repercussions down the road.

That was a low ankle sprain aka a rolled ankle if it was a low grade low ankle sprain.  High ankle sprains take a lot longer to heal 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Tua got hurt when they were down 42-19 in the 4th quarter. Chubb went down with 3:00 minutes left down 49-19. I feel bad for the players but the Dolphins were idiots for keeping them in there that long

And some people around here were complaining about using Josh to get the first down that sealed the game.

Miami will go hard.  They want to win the AFC East and 2 seed, BUT, no one can convince me they will be as desperate as Buffalo (assuming Pitt and Jax win their games).  And that desperation will separate the teams at the end.

Allen will be able to spin the ball much better in mid-70’s weather down there.

• Like (+1) 1

They're far more banged-up than when the Bills first played them, the game will be at night so no heat factor, the Dols are a good team and hated rival so the Bills will be up for the game and there will likely be a ton of Bills fans. 

11 hours ago, johnk said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-sustain-key-injuries-against-ravens

...Tagovailoa’s throwing arm (his left) was rolled up on at the end of a fourth-down scramble for a gain that didn’t continue the drive.

Pass rusher Bradley Chubb, whose 11 sacks leads the Dolphins defense, suffered what appears to be a right knee injury on a late fourth-quarter drive, and was carted off the field.

And cornerback Xavien Howard suffered a troublesome foot injury on the Ravens first possession of the game and never returned to the contest.

All three injuries could drastically alter how the Dolphins operate on offense and defense in the season finale against the Buffalo Bills...

Thoughts & Prayers.

Thoughts & Prayers.

• Haha (+1) 1

I can't wait! The Bills will be ready. Injuries? That's football! We have them too. In fact, we were decimated again this season so cry me a river. Next man up. The phins fans I know are already talking like it's over for them. Good! GO BILLS. Win the 2 seed.

• Agree 1

They likely won’t, so one can only hope, but it’d be nice if they just take the locked playoff seed and prevent guys from potentially getting hired again if they fall behind big. 

Likelihood with what’s at stake the game will be flexed to the Primetime spot.

😛

Edited by BBFL

1 hour ago, Doc said:

They're far more banged-up than when the Bills first played them, the game will be at night so no heat factor, the Dols are a good team and hated rival so the Bills will be up for the game and there will likely be a ton of Bills fans. 

A good team when playing bad teams.

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

And we're a bad team while playing bad teams, so I suspect Buffalo to play pretty well this week. Finger crossed. 

Sometimes. Sometimes we blow their doors off.

Honestly I think they only get amped to play good teams.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

And we're a bad team while playing bad teams, so I suspect Buffalo to play pretty well this week. Finger crossed. 

How do you cross one finger?

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How do you cross one finger?

Maybe he's JPP.

13 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I mean I’m not the most homerish fan, but I’m not walking around scared of the Dolphins, scared of getting blown out and embarrassed. 

If we lose, we lose. But no way am I just bowing down to that team like a scared puppy under the kitchen table. 

Good week of practice here and attack them like a wrecking ball. 

losing to a soft-minded team, led by a soft, capri-wearing, coach in a must-win game would be embarrassing.  Hopefully, we get Good Josh next Sunday...haven't seen much of him, of late.

• Haha (+1) 3

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-injury-update-tua-tagovailoa-bradley-chubb-xavien-howard-january-1-nfl-week-18-2024/

The jist is that Tua is likely fine, will almost certainly play.

Chubb out with ACL.

Xavien Howard not going to need surgery but very unlikely to play Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

Kind of funny reading some of the threads, there's one titled

I'm Now Done With McDaniel

They must have stole the one from here titled: "I'm Now Done With McDermott"  They didn't even have to change the first 43 letters of McD

Many other threads too sound just like ones around here.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

I can't wait! The Bills will be ready. Injuries? That's football! We have them too. In fact, we were decimated again this season so cry me a river. Next man up. The phins fans I know are already talking like it's over for them. Good! GO BILLS. Win the 2 seed.

The Bills were hardly decimated by injuries this year. The offense has been absurdly healthy and the defense lost two key starters.  Probably a top five healthiest team in the league.

Edited by mannc

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Bills were hardly decimated by injuries this year. The offense has been absurdly healthy and the defense lost two key starters.  Probably a top five healthiest team in the league.

It sure seemed like it at the time but now that the season has played out, you are correct. In fact, I’d put it to you that the Bills D is really only down Milano (and our replacements have done fine). Rasul Douglas has actually been better that post-injury Tre White. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.