Tomorrow’s Game Menu — Manhattan Clam Chowder in Disrespect to the NE Patriots?

HIT BY SPIKES

Tired of that white creamy crap.

Took me almost a week to finish the batch I made for the game in New England earlier this year and that game and the damn Blanc Chowder both left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Thinking of going red for tomorrow.

On the other hand, I may just go Dim Sum with Shrimp Har Gow, Pork Siu Mai and Sticky Rice Lotus Leaf Wraps in the double deck 12” bamboo steamer and some quails on the BBQ grill.

What’s on your game day menu for tomorrow?

Sushi rolls with fake crab if I can convince my wife to roll it.  Always go for something fake against New England.

Going Dim Sum is never bad and we just bought frozen Dim Sum items including dumplings, Shrimp Har Gow, Shrimp Siu Mai and buns.

Due to fight by Verizon FIOS with Sinclair Broadcast Group no games will be shown starting Sunday so choice is bar or listening on Audacy for me.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Took me almost a week to finish the batch I made for the game in New England earlier this year and that game and the damn Blanc Chowder both left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

On the other hand, I may just go Dim Sum with Shrimp Har Gow, Pork Siu Mai and Sticky Rice Lotus Leaf Wraps in the double deck 12” bamboo steamer and some quails on the BBQ grill.

Honoring Robert Kraft’s favorite massage parlor, I like it.  Gotta throw in some shots of Baileys tomorrow, in honor of their QB.

• Haha (+1) 2

One of my go-to recipes is my chicken vegetable noodle soup.  Well, I'm going to switch it up and make a large kettle of beef vegetable noodle soup.  Just looked up a recipe with an Asian twist that calls for red wine, so it's off to the liquor store.  Again.  Guess I know what I'm eating and drinking tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

My game plan?   Head to your house!

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

One of my go-to recipes is my chicken vegetable noodle soup.  Well, I'm going to switch it up and make a large kettle of beef vegetable noodle soup.  Just looked up a recipe with an Asian twist that calls for red wine, so it's off to the liquor store.  Again.  Guess I know what I'm eating and drinking tomorrow.

My mother's Manhattan clam chowder was nothing more than her oxtail vegetable soup, with institutional sized cans of chopped clams and clam broth dumped in.  Seemed to be popular at neighbourhood pot lucks.  One of the neighbours managed a credit department at a Buffalo industrial distributor, and he hired my mother to make an industrial sized batch for an annual 'thank you' dinner for his staff.  'Crazy Anna the Chowder Vendor' we called her.  Not to her, of course.  I would be dead! 😵 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I'm having that white creamy crap.  There's a place here in Portland, OR that makes the best chowder I ever had called Original Halibuts.  His clam chowder is the bomb.  https://www.facebook.com/original.halibuts/videos/495665060953073

5 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Not a chance are you making that s*** in my house...

Then you won't be wanting my mother's recipe for kidney stew...🤔

House smelled like a pissoir for two days afterwards. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Negan said:

One large Pepperoni pizza and a large mushroom, onion, peppers pizza from Pontillos.

Couple extra sides of blue cheese too.

I have dinner with my parents for NYE at 6, so can't drink as many beers during the game.

Pontillo's now there's a place i haven't heard of in years but still sounds pretty dang good to me enjoy !! GO BILLS !! 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

you'll be dropping a double deck 12" steamer after all that chow...

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Had a nice Manhattan Clam Chowder last night (and also a nice Manhattan or two). 🥃

I’d also recco the Rhode Island clear clam chowder, when in that part of the country 🔥🔥🔥

Rocky Point style!!

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Sushi rolls with fake crab if I can convince my wife to roll it.  Always go for something fake against New England.

Going Dim Sum is never bad and we just bought frozen Dim Sum items including dumplings, Shrimp Har Gow, Shrimp Siu Mai and buns.

Due to fight by Verizon FIOS with Sinclair Broadcast Group no games will be shown starting Sunday so choice is bar or listening on Audacy for me.

Fake crab?!?! 😱

Since I  live in California now, and it’s the pats, and I’m 3000 miles away, I’ll be having…. Pizza and wings. Have to make my own wings since it’s CA and I don’t want them made out of cauliflower and kale, but its the Bills game, not the “pats” game so I will eat like any normal Buffalonian who believes high cholesterol builds character.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now that I’m in Beaufort SC I may go with shrimp and grits with crumbled bacon mixed in, a savory masterpiece that is unattainable in the New England area, the hardest part of being here is it is a rare incidence that pizza and wings are up to the northeast measure of quality , but I will keep searching 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

If I were to cook for the occasion, I'd make a New England Lobster Roll. That beats chowder by a mile.

Food Network

2 live lobsters (I'd use 4 frozen tails)

1 cup mayonnaise

4 teaspoons minced shallot

4 teaspoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons minced tarragon

1563299265268.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

...but its the Bills game, not the “pats” game so I will eat like any normal Buffalonian who believes high cholesterol builds character.  

Your cardiologist just switched from the Mercedes Benz website to the Mercedes-AMG website. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.