New England Week

TFBillsfan

13 hours ago, nucci said:

Please stop saying..." it's their Superbowl this week"...every time a bad team plays the Bills.

I’m glad you pointed this out. That Super Bowl stuff is baloney. 

This is clearly a Bills’ “Trap Game”. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, balln said:

I think we’re seeing the dreaded 30 year old wall with diggs. Dude has no separation. And he’s dropping balls. 

He was lighting the league up the first 9 weeks or so. It’s unlikely he just randomly hit a wall. 

There’s a pretty good chance he’s playing hurt… context clues seem to say so. His snap count the last 3 weeks has decreased around 25% from his season average (87% is season average and he’s around 62% since Philadelphia). There were a handful of early season games where the starters got pulled early too… 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

New England Cheats lost all of the non-conference games with the four games they won in conference.

This indicates that they designed and prepared teams for teams in AFC.

Their wins were all vs AFC teams and were narrow wins depending upon opposition team mistakes and takeaways.

In general most AFC teams have been weaker with only 5 teams with positive net points.

Zappe lead team to 2 wins of 4 but no one player on team dominated again indicating a distributed team win rather than a talent win.

Bills have not faced a team with him as QB.

Zappe takes less chances than Jones

Cheats defense is not particular weak against run so do not expect the Bills to be able to batter them into submission.

image.thumb.png.17b1458fe0fcfcad1dad6a077a9180ae.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

New England Cheats lost all of the non-conference games with the four games they won in conference.

This indicates that they designed and prepared teams for teams in AFC.

Their wins were all vs AFC teams and were narrow wins depending upon opposition team mistakes and takeaways.

In general most AFC teams have been weaker with only 5 teams with positive net points.

Zappe lead team to 2 wins of 4 but no one player on team dominated again indicating a distributed team win rather than a talent win.

Bills have not faced a team with him as QB.

Zappe takes less chances than Jones

Cheats defense is not particular weak against run so do not expect the Bills to be able to batter them into submission.

image.thumb.png.17b1458fe0fcfcad1dad6a077a9180ae.png

I don't like Belichick having one last chance to drop a steaming deuce on us. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

We have Isabella, who has elite speed, but don't use him.

You’d hope that Brady’s recent shifts in personnel focus would expose this, if true and valid. God we need a speed ball to complement Josh style (aka Brown). Bill B must be drooling at the prospect of getting a QB1 star 

6 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

When he leaves NE and his new team fails to have success, can we put the narrative to bed that he is the best HC of all time?  This soon to be had experiment should prove it was 75% Brady, 15% BB, and 10% “other “.  

When he leaves NE, I believe he retires from football. just my opinion. he may not be the greatest but certainly in the top 3. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, stuvian said:

maybe we can hasten BB's retirement by humiliating his grinch faced asz

Been there done that already… see Dallas and the New Orleans games this year… 

Also there is nothing the Bills could do to hasten BB exit unless he does on the sidelines. It is considered a forgone conclusion he is gone at the end of the year. 

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Belichick always sounds wistful talking about Josh. He knows that a QB reaching the heights Josh reached since 2020 is the X factor that separates .500 from championship potential. And he knows he had it for 20 years but not anymore.

Right. Allen as QB with Belichick's current roster would be a Super Bowl contender. For a four-win team, that's quite a statement about Allen. 

• Agree 4

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You maybe correct. You think Diggs hit the wall that quick? He was very good early in the season. I think Diggs has plenty in the tank. However, he certainly seems to be covered with minimal separation. 

It truly is odd.  He is playing less snaps and again this is anecdotal but he appears to often waive himself off the field.   He doesn't seem to get much separation on the balls thrown his way and he isn't being targeted as much.   

It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden you'd hit a wall.    I think it's some sort of lingering injury that hasn't been reported, we've heard of such injuries with Gabe, Beasley and even Elam that weren't prominently mentioned to come find out much later on that they were playing through some sort of injury.   

If the Diggs we all have seen over the past few years doesn't come back for these last two games and playoffs then I don't see how we can make it that deep into the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Another interesting aspect of this game is last time we played them we were what 2-3 weeks out from losing Tre White, Matt Milano and Daquan Jones. The defense has patched it's holes as best it can might get Jones back and is used to having to scheme with what we have.

Good point. Another difference, this one negative, is that they have Von Miller back. Take a look at the all-22 review of Ed Oliver's play at Buffalo Rumblings. Oliver is terrific, but I wondered who was the defensive end who didn't seem to be even trying. It's Von Miller. He seems content to be steered out of the play every time and be a spectator to Ed Oliver's disruptive mayhem. I'm sure that's not the case, but he sure isn't doing much. 

Might be best to deactivate him and put a productive player on the field. 

2 minutes ago, finn said:

… Von Miller. He seems content to be steered out of the play every time and be a spectator to Ed Oliver's disruptive mayhem. I'm sure that's not the case, but he sure isn't doing much. 

Might be best to deactivate him and put a productive player on the field. 

Nope - he just needs live action in 39 more games and then he’ll be good to go!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

414813069_791522462989892_17086834053652

That was my all time favorite game to go to, the September 7th game.  My bro had just finished active duty with the Marines, I had just started college, (CC, first stop then Northeastern).  Warm sunny day and the flow of tears from Brady.  

23 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I believe I heard Banged Up Bills speculate it would be a full 21 days before Jones was ready given the injury. He’s also 31, they may ramp him up slower. 

Good call.   Though I’d love the idea of him getting some live reps this week.  And now im

curious to see who gets shuffled off the 53 when he is back 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Process said:

This needs to be a Kincaid game. Attack the Patriots with the pass and over the middle, and with Josh scrambles. First Patriots game was Kincaid's breakout, went 8 for 75 and that was with Knox in. 

I'm benching him in the fantasy championships because I can't risk it given his recent production. But I hope I end up regretting it.

That was also with Dorsey.  Doesn’t seem like Brady has a clue how to use the kid or how to use 12 personnel.  I’m not holding my breath for a Kincaid breakout any time soon.  

NE’s D plays TE’s very well. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Magox said:

It truly is odd.  He is playing less snaps and again this is anecdotal but he appears to often waive himself off the field.   He doesn't seem to get much separation on the balls thrown his way and he isn't being targeted as much.   

It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden you'd hit a wall.    I think it's some sort of lingering injury that hasn't been reported, we've heard of such injuries with Gabe, Beasley and even Elam that weren't prominently mentioned to come find out much later on that they were playing through some sort of injury.   

If the Diggs we all have seen over the past few years doesn't come back for these last two games and playoffs then I don't see how we can make it that deep into the playoffs.  

I agree.  I point back to the point in the season where Diggs mysteriously showed up on the injury report but announced he would still play.  We never heard much about the injury and it seem to disappear as quickly as it showed up in reports.  I wonder if he could be injured or banged up enough that it impacts his play and that rather than have him push through it, they have decided to limit his play.  Remember the last few years, Diggs has not looked like himself when the playoffs came.  Maybe they are hoping that by limiting him they can get him right at just the right time.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That was also with Dorsey.  Doesn’t seem like Brady has a clue how to use the kid or how to use 12 personnel.  I’m not holding my breath for a Kincaid breakout any time soon.  

NE’s D plays TE’s very well. 

Hoping Brady is playing a rope-a-dope over the past few weeks then when he’s ready, switch to southpaw, go heavy scheming up diggs and Kincaid catching some

opposing defense in a heavy set while buffalo goes up tempo hitting open zones

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If we really want to exploit that LBs, we should be in empty all game. Make them commit to their assignments and let Allen pic match ups. 

Personally I don’t see them playing a lot of M2M coverages, likely because we’ve had a tough time with it this year. When teams try and man us up, generally Allen burns them (long pass to Davis vs chargers on the sideline comes to mind). 

The problem is they bills have been at their best on offense when:

1) Allen creates out of structure

2) They run the ball well

They do the latter best out of unique personnel groupings (21 with Gilliam, 21 with Fournette/Cook), 6 OL with Edwards) and it really cuts into snaps for ppl like Shakir and Kincaid. I don’t see it changing, although I wish it would.

It’s really frustrating to have a weapon like him sidelined. Considering his potential, and what we’ve invested into him, splitting reps with Knox and taking a breather on the sideline so we can get creative with our run game is a tough swallow. 

💯

8 minutes ago, taglientep said:

Hoping Brady is playing a rope-a-dope over the past few weeks then when he’s ready, switch to southpaw, go heavy scheming up diggs and Kincaid catching some

Yeah I’m hoping……

Just seems like Brady’s focus has been on the run game and specifically getting gilliam/edwards/knox on the field to help them run.  I don’t think that’s going to help very much vs this pats d.  

10 minutes ago, taglientep said:

I've been kind of hoping this too. Start showing a lot of James Cook catching the ball and the run game working to make defenses creep up and that allows for more deep shots and such. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

414813069_791522462989892_17086834053652

That December Pats game was when they were stealing plays from us. Remember the interception Tedy Bruschi got on the last play they prevented us from getting at least one garbage TD? Watch Tedy on the replay closely. He starts moving to where the throw was going even before the snap. He knew the play.

• Like (+1) 4

Diggs and Kincaid have both been banged up. It’s pretty obvious watching Diggs - he can’t separate anymore and every time he gets tapped he takes himself off the field.

Kincaid is a combo of getting hurt and Brady using more varied personel to help the run game. If Brady can continue to be game-plan specific in attacking a defenses weaknesses, I think this is potentially a good thing.

Pats* weakness is NOT defending the run, so we should see fewer runs out of heavy sets and more 11 personel or if in heavy, more throws out of it to Cook or Knox/Kincaid against LBs who are awful against the pass (although their safeties are good against TEs)

I’m a Brady fan but he must have a good game plan against NE. We have a bunch of banged up guys on O, and a QB who has been showing signs of inaccuracy the last few weeks. A solid game plan that gives Josh easy throws and schemes open receivers instead of relying just on their talent to separate (which is very lacking in our WRs minus Shakir) is essential.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

When he leaves NE and his new team fails to have success, can we put the narrative to bed that he is the best HC of all time?  This soon to be had experiment should prove it was 75% Brady, 15% BB, and 10% “other “.  

65% Br*dy, 15% BB, 10% Ernie Adams, 10% “other “.   Ernie was important for Br*dy to know referee tendencies and what plays were going to be run on defense.

BB has not had a successful season post Ernie Adams.

He has had a successful season without GOAT Cheating QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Diggs and Kincaid have both been banged up. It’s pretty obvious watching Diggs - he can’t separate anymore and every time he gets tapped he takes himself off the field.

Kincaid is a combo of getting hurt and Brady using more varied personel to help the run game. If Brady can continue to be game-plan specific in attacking a defenses weaknesses, I think this is potentially a good thing.

Pats* weakness is NOT defending the run, so we should see fewer runs out of heavy sets and more 11 personel or if in heavy, more throws out of it to Cook or Knox/Kincaid against LBs who are awful against the pass (although their safeties are good against TEs)

I’m a Brady fan but he must have a good game plan against NE. We have a bunch of banged up guys on O, and a QB who has been showing signs of inaccuracy the last few weeks. A solid game plan that gives Josh easy throws and schemes open receivers instead of relying just on their talent to separate (which is very lacking in our WRs minus Shakir) is essential.

Excellent points. The Pats defense has been playing well lately. They've only given up 300 yards once in their last 6 games (326 to the Chiefs on the road) after giving up 300+ in the previous six games. This game is no gimme, although the Bill should win. If the Bills lose the turnover battle, though, they could easily lose. Ball protection has to be first and foremost in Allen's mind.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

I agree.  I point back to the point in the season where Diggs mysteriously showed up on the injury report but announced he would still play.  We never heard much about the injury and it seem to disappear as quickly as it showed up in reports.  I wonder if he could be injured or banged up enough that it impacts his play and that rather than have him push through it, they have decided to limit his play.  Remember the last few years, Diggs has not looked like himself when the playoffs came.  Maybe they are hoping that by limiting him they can get him right at just the right time.

He's taking himself off the field quite a bit.  To me seems like likely a pain management issue.  Foot, ankle, something like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Excellent points. The Pats defense has been playing well lately. They've only given up 300 yards once in their last 6 games (326 to the Chiefs on the road) after giving up 300+ in the previous six games. This game is no gimme, although the Bill should win. If the Bills lose the turnover battle, though, they could easily lose. Ball protection has to be first and foremost in Allen's mind.

Colts, Giants, Chargers in the rain, Steelers, and Broncos were the other 5.  Not exactly murderer's row of QBs - can kinda sell out to stop the run games in most of those.  

3 of their 4 wins were on the road, including their last two wins @Pitt and @Den. 

Pittsburgh: NE punted 9 times.  Interception spotted them good field position for one drive, and another started close to mid field.  They didn't score in the 2nd half - zappe threw a pick and the steelers couldn't score points from the 16 yard line.  

Denver: NE had 6 3 and outs and beat denver, who had 5.  Denver spotted the ball at the 6 yard line to start the game and didn't score.  

Turnovers are one way Buffalo can lose.  I don't see NE having more than a couple sustained drives in the game this week, dont spot them field position. Tackling should be a big focus.  NOT FUMBLING should be a focus.  Game plan should be those sustained drives that bill wants to give you - use cook and kincaid over the middle.  Pick your spots for diggs.  FG's aren't terrible in this one - and use Allen's legs to give them problems when they switch to man coverage.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 12/25/2023 at 8:33 PM, TFBillsfan said:

While the Patriots record isn’t good, they’ve been in numerous close games and rarely get blown out. Bills need to take care of business right from the start. Protect the ball, play with discipline and physicality.  They got embarrassed earlier in the season against the Patriots so I would assume this game has their FULLl attention. 

Bills need to score points early and force the Patriots out of their comfort zone. 

Bills have so much to play for so all the pressure is on them. Last regular season home game so the stadium should be loud.

Would love a nice 30-10 win with the Bills playing well in all phases. But expecting a much closer score. 

Lol. They rarely get blown out but have lost 4 one score games only scoring 10 points or less. Let's not give them a ton of credit here. Part of the problem is the competition in a lot of games us just as bad as they are

Edited by Buffalo03

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.