The #2 seed is actually obtainable now

Virgil

For those wondering, I do recall talk some awhile back about some kind of rule where if divisional rivals meet in the playoffs, the division winner would have to go to the Wild Card if that Wild Card did better against the division winner, or something like that.  But nothing ever came from those talks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The chiefs are essentially locked into the 3 seed. They obv wont catch Baltimore for the 1 seed.  They almost certainly can't catch miami or buffalo for the 2 seed.  And they hold the tiebreaker over Jacksonville so they won't be the 4 seed. And chiefs only need one more win to clinch their division. 

If bills somehow win division their path looks something like:

Steelers at home

Chiefs at home

Baltimore on road or maybe Miami at home 

Wow! How awesome would a home championship game be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

I will be furious if KC and Buffalo both finish at 11-6 and we have to go to KC for the WC. Just like 1980 when San Diego and we finished 11-5 and we beat them in the regular season, but we had to go to San Diego for the WC. KC has always played in a weak division.

Miami had better lose to Baltimore next week.

If Joe Ferguson wasn't playing on a broken ankle we would have won that dam game .

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

This is wild!

I’m not sure: is there a rule saying a division champ gets home field over a wild card, in case we finish as a wild card but KC wins their division and we have the same record?

They’re coming to Buffalo, right?

Home field is decided by highest seed.

Hypotheitcal question about the miami game... let's say miami beats Baltimore and has the divison locked up heading into the last week.  And also the bills locked up a playoff spot after beating new England. 

A buffalo win In week 18 would almost certainly mean the 6th seed and a matchup @ kansas city.  Or a loss to Miami and bills finish as the 7th seed at Baltimore.  Which would you prefer?

2 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

The chiefs are essentially locked into the 3 seed. They obv wont catch Baltimore for the 1 seed.  They almost certainly can't catch miami or buffalo for the 2 seed.  And they hold the tiebreaker over Jacksonville so they won't be the 4 seed. And chiefs only need one more win to clinch their division. 

If bills somehow win division their path looks something like:

Steelers at home

Chiefs at home

Baltimore on road or maybe Miami at home 

Wow! How awesome would a home championship game be. 

Not gonna lie, Trent, I read your post and…

and..

…it moved.

I’ll leave it at that.

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

If we beat the Pats, KC beats Cincy and Seattle beats Pitt, we secure a playoff birth before Week 18.

It's important that the 49ers beat the Ravens tonight and then the Ravens beat the Dolphins and Steelers to secure the 1. If the Ravens win tonight and next week, they Could could rest starters against the Steelers in week 18. We can't have that

1 minute ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Hypotheitcal question about the miami game... let's say miami beats Baltimore and has the divison locked up heading into the last week.  And also the bills locked up a playoff spot after beating new England. 

A buffalo win In week 18 would almost certainly mean the 6th seed and a matchup @ kansas city.  Or a loss to Miami and bills finish as the 7th seed at Baltimore.  Which would you prefer?

I don't like going into the playoffs off a loss.  I'd rather a Week 18 win outright.

4 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I would rather play KC personally. They just aren’t good this season. We arguably aren’t either but Baltimore is in the extremely short conversation of good teams this year IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's important that the 49ers beat the Ravens tonight and then the Ravens beat the Dolphins and Steelers to secure the 1. If the Ravens win tonight and next week, they Could could rest starters against the Steelers in week 18. We can't have that

That won't matter at all

22 minutes ago, The Red King said:

For those wondering, I do recall talk some awhile back about some kind of rule where if divisional rivals meet in the playoffs, the division winner would have to go to the Wild Card if that Wild Card did better against the division winner, or something like that.  But nothing ever came from those talks.

That literally makes no sense

What's the incentive for winning the division? The only incentive is one guaranteed home game

22 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Tonight is not important at all actually 

• Disagree 2

56 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

And 2 games in Buffalo

And 3 if the Ravens lose their first playoff game....something we have seen before.

2 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Don't forget, Ravens vs SF is still this week. Just hoping the Ravens don't suffer any big injuries before playing Miami. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the Ravens handle Miami pretty easily. That pass rush of theirs is something.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.  Wish there was some way we could can convince the Ravens to sit Lamar tonight.

• Agree 1

Not sure if it's been stated above or not, but if we win out and win division, we are definitely the #2 seed.  And if we're in as a wild card, we're almost definitely #6 or #7.  So #3 and #4 (and #1) aren't possible.  It's basically 2, 6, or 7 if we're in the playoffs (with very slim chance of #5).

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If the Ravens beat the Dolphins they’re 12-4 at worst if they lose tonight. The best the Browns can do is 12-5. Even if the Browns win the division the Ravens would drop to the 5 seed. 

It would be

1. Cleveland

2. Buffalo

3. KC

4. AFC South winner

5. Baltimore

6. Miami

7. Who knows 

Give me Who Knows all day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Lol I love everyone jumping on me when someone already corrected me 😂

But yes, I forgot the Browns would move to #1 under the scenario I was thinking. Not #2.

All good brother!! Merry Christmas 🎁🎄. I’ll let you know when I’m perfect.. since I was also corrected today💯

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Steelers beat the Seahawks. Bills win vs Pats, lose vs Dolphins. Ravens rest their starters because they clinched the 1 seed against the Steelers in week 18 which lets the Steelers into the playoffs

He is asking why we care what the Ravens do in Week 18.

You probably want them to beat the Steelers to give them an 8th loss, in case we lose another game.

z

Edited by Einstein

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.