Bills @ Chargers post game thread

Fan in Chicago

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Only good teams can overcome three turnovers and horribly timed penalties and still win. Man was that a painful game to watch though.

The O line penalties were brutal.  On that one drive after the Chargers had cut the lead to 21 - 16 the line had 2 bad penalties in a row that cancelled Allen throws for 1st downs.  Had we gone down and scored a TD that drive it would have likely been game over.

• Like (+1) 6

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No matter how weird you feel about that win, can you even imagine how sick you’d feel if we just lost that game? The relief of not losing that game is everything right now. Would have just had our season ended by terrible fumbles and Easton Stick. Now we are sitting in the 6 seed. I’ll take it.

My son said before Bass kicked the FG he had a thought of Bass missing it then had a vision of going outside and throwing up

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

Bring on the blinders wearing homer thumbs downs and red Xs. LOL

To answer that, put yourself in the shoes of a fan of any of the other playoff teams.  Rank the teams you would want to face.  Even after that, the bills are a scary opponent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, richardb1952 said:

The injury report had Cook with "illness" for most of week.  I wonder if that might have influenced the fumbling.

Also, ever closer to getting DaQuan Jones back.  That will be a boost.

Good point regarding illness.  Bad week for Ty to be out. Would have liked to see Lenny get the ball more in situations it wasn’t so run obvious.

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone wonder about the clock strategy at the end, I think it was good but I was uneasy for sure?  I am glad it worked out but I was wondering if they should have tried for the first down/touchdown.  That would have meant deciding to pass and maybe not keeping the clock going.  The Chargers new what was coming though so they really had no chance to get the first down.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Yes, but all the talk of "no one wants to face the Bills in the playoffs" is out the window now, right? Since, you know, they looked like garbage, and won by the skin of their teeth against an inferior opponent. 

The sad reality is that they came within inches of being "the same old Bills." The "they're hot and steamrolling into the playoffs" is just a pipe dream now. Likely one and done.

I think gutting out a tough win on a short week cross country trip against a team with extra time to prepare and new wrinkles with a new head coach/qb is a net neutral as far as what our chances are going forward 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

BUT , they didn't😅 go look back at all super bowl winners, they are littered with these type of wins. Did i like it🤕 not at all but onward they go.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I’m sure it was a tough game in that the Chargers probably did implement a few wrinkles the Bills hadn’t seen on film. They had 9 days to prepare.

On the other hand, just a sloppy offensive/special teams game. All 3 of those Bills turnovers were just horrible.

The W is all that matters. Fix the sloppiness.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Still don't like the end of game calls settling for a FG

You go in and score a TD, there is no way Easton stick is leading a TD drive in less than two minutes when he struggled to get even a single TD all game

But guess what he has done....lead his team into FG range five times 

You are facing Easton stick not pat mahomes or even a bum like Derek carr but EASTON STICK 

It’s becoming a very bad trend. End of game situations like this. They are consistently settling / coming up only with FG. This team needs to END games on OFFENSE! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

Folks complaining about the coaching….  Without the turnovers this game isn’t close.  Win by 2 or 22 it’s still a win.  Been rooting for this team forever, it’s never been easy and probably never will be.

I like style points too.  they got plenty in the Dallas game.  But yeah NFL is just win by 1 point and move on.  And to win with -3 turnover margin is impressive. That’s probably like a 95% loss when you lose the margin that bad.

• Like (+1) 3

You go in and score a TD, there is no way Easton stick is leading a TD drive in less than two minutes when he struggled to get even a single TD all game

You are facing Easton stick not pat mahomes or even a bum like Derek carr but EASTON STICK 

Why are you just guaranteed a td though? Lol yea obviously if you were just given a td we’d choose that 😂. What if you throw a couple incomplete passes and settle for a fg anyway and the chargers preserve their timeouts?

Then your whole ‘he’s led 5 fg drives’ point comes in…he led 0 fg drives when only having 30 seconds and no timeouts 

• Like (+1) 1

You commit to scoring or commit to burning clock.  Against this team, each play where the clock kept running increased our chances of winning.  If we scored quick, we had to make a 2 point still.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.