So are we just done expecting Von Miller to do anything?

dayman

expecting Von to do much of anything this season was a pipe dream.   his age,  the injury history,  was asking alot there.

im not done with Von,   we saw Tre not be Tre right after he came back last season.  it takes time for most.

if he doesnt show improvement in the first half of next season,  then its time to take the hit and move on.

luckily Beane made the best low key offseason signing in quite some time,  Floyd.   hope we can keep him around next year.

8 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

expecting Von to do much of anything this season was a pipe dream.   his age,  the injury history,  was asking alot there.

im not done with Von,   we saw Tre not be Tre right after he came back last season.  it takes time for most.

if he doesnt show improvement in the first half of next season,  then its time to take the hit and move on.

luckily Beane made the best low key offseason signing in quite some time,  Floyd.   hope we can keep him around next year.

Tre took a long time to be back to even the ballpark of the Tre we knew. The greatest tragedy was that he was slowly getting there when the achilles snapped. I still dont think he would have been back to the same quality of what he was pre ACL but he was getting there. Von to me looks farther off and the KC game was the first fleeting glimpse of the old Von we have seen. So hard to say if he ever comes back!.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the countless posts in here chastising me for posting this after the KC game…implying that the KC game looked anything close to what we’ve invested in Von…

I hope he returns to true Von form. My question is whether people expect that to actually happen?

Edited by dayman
  • Vomit 1

On 12/14/2023 at 12:00 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Considering Von wanted to be a Cowboy and would have gone there if they offered more $$$

I expect a really big game from him Sunday

He also lives in Dallas.  It wouldn’t be surprising to see him extra motivated Sunday. Let’s hope.

On 12/14/2023 at 12:16 PM, John from Riverside said:

Thought I actually saw glimpses in this last game of his old self

I did as well. Some people have crazy expectations. Recently bias I suppose. If he hits his stride the last few games and (hopefully) into the playoffs it could be great

9 minutes ago, dayman said:

I love the countless posts in here chastising me for posting this after the KC game…implying that the KC game looked anything close to what we’ve invested in Von…

I hope he returns to true Von form. My question is whether people expect that to actually happen?

Does he get back to early  2022 form?  Probably not, but I think he has a chance to get close.   It’s going to take some time but he’s slowly getting better.  

Unfortunately, there’s no way to predict ACL injuries 

I’m going to keep on watching people say he flashed, or he this, or he that…we are paying him a TON of money this year (forget about after that for a moment). 

The question remains, is anyone expecting a reasonable return on that this year?

Edited by dayman
  • Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, dayman said:

I’m going to keep on watching people say he flashed, or he this, or he that…we are paying him a TON of money this year (forget about after that for a moment). 

The question remains, is anyone expecting a reasonable return on that this year?

absolutely not

At what point is Von a liability. He looked invisible tonight and played like George Pickens blocks. Zero impact against the running game and in the passing game gets totally shut down going one on one. Two tackles the entire season. IMO his playing time should be significantly reduced. Two total tackles for the season. 

• Like (+1) 5

He did sorta get a pressure on Poona's sack, though Oliver impacted the play more. Von drove the RT back into the QB & forced him to step up to avoid the collision, he then had to avoid Oliver & Poona cleaned it up.

But other than that play, Von is a total non-factor as a pass rusher. I know he was credited with a tackle tonight, but I don't remember seeing it. He should not be playing, especially on money downs.

I simply don't understand why he's on the field when the bills have to win out. I know I'm not the only one that sees him stop, stand up, and just stand there if he sees its a run play away from him. And thats what scares me, that's not his knee. He's not giving any effort unless he can sellout on a pass play. Absolutely terrible 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I simply don't understand why he's on the field when the bills have to win out. I know I'm not the only one that sees him stop, stand up, and just stand there if he sees its a run play away from him. And thats what scares me, that's not his knee. He's not giving any effort unless he can sellout on a pass play. Absolutely terrible 

That's no different. He's essentially said as much before he got hurt.

On the plus, he's stopped circumnavigating the globe to get to the QB. At least he's providing a little containment now.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Non Miller is terrible and shouldn’t even be wearing a jersey on the sideline. Anyone off the PS would give more than this clown is right now. It’s not just his play on the field that sucks. It’s his entire package. Not only does he suck, he looks like he’s giving less than zero effort out there. McD and Beane look like fools more and more every play he’s on the field. Just make this clown inactive for the Pats game. Maybe it will light a fire under him or something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was on the “Let Von play to get better train” but I think yesterday might be where I get off.  

That was pathetic.  

He’s basically just engaging and bull rushing .. and not even an effective bull rush at that.  

Im sure McDermott told him to contain rush, which is why he didn’t try to beat the OT to the edge a ton, but 75% of the time that just results in Von running off the screen and leaving a massive hole for a QB to escape through.  

Those can’t be our two options with him. 

Get AJE back out there when he’s ready and then rotate Von sparingly as the 5th DE behind Shaq.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I feel like it’s similar to Tre White and Spencer Brown. The reps aren’t in his muscle memory and he doesn’t get enough snaps to get that closing feel by the end of the game. Von I love you but he’s not his usual self right now. He needs a full offseason to get his mind muscle connection right. Look what it did for Spencer Brown. Von is a physical freak and has not lost physically imo. 

Watching him live, it’s clear that he simply doesn’t trust his knee right now. He’s playing like he’s on a frozen pond in the backyard. Every step is taken with an abundance of caution. No idea what the stupid coaching staff is thinking putting him out there. He’s nothing more than a paperweight. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.