Can Buffalo catch the Dolphins?

ChronicAndKnuckles

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Looking at Miami’s remaining schedule (Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills) and then the Bills (Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins) what are the odds of Miami dropping 3 and the Bills winning out? I don’t think we would win the tie breaker so the fins would have to lose 3 which is entirely possible since they’ve played a complete cupcake schedule this season. They haven’t beat one good team yet and just lost to the Titans. They are hands down the most overrated team in the league. Bills demolished them by 4 TDS. The more I think about it, this could be the easiest path to the playoffs. Dolphins face a final 3 opponents w/ a combined record of 27-12. What yall think? 

Not quite sure what you mean.  It sounds like you think the Bills have to win out AND the Dolphins have to lose out.  The Bills need to win out and the Dolphins only need to lose one more game plus the Buffalo game.  Or the Dolphins need to add 1 more loss for every Bills loss and lose to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills have a remarkably good chance of catching dolphins now that dolphins lost to tenneessee.

We just need MIA to lose only 1 of DAL/BAL matchups which seems highly likely.

Then of course we need to win our DAL matchup.

If we lose our DAL matchup we would need MIA to drop both of those games which is still a possibility.

If bills only lose 1 more game we have a > 60% chance to make playoffs, regardless of division.

Just a hunch but I bet the Bills at Dolphins game will get flexed to SNF. Good chance it will be for the AFCE. If not SNF then 4:25 national broadcast with Romo and Nantz. The league keeps week 17 open as far as when games start so the best games get primetime.

The Bills SHOULD catch Miami at this point. I know that there are no “sure things” but I’d be shocked if the Bills lost to Easton Stick or Bailey Zappe in “must-win” games. This week will be tough but they are playing Dallas at the right time. Last week was a huge emotional win for Dallas vs. their hated rival. This week has to be a bit of a letdown from an emotion standpoint. It’s a bit of a trap game for Dallas. 

Miami is not beating the Jets, Baltimore and Dallas. They will lose at least one of those. That means that the Bills play for the division in early January. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills SHOULD catch Miami at this point. I know that there are no “sure things” but I’d be shocked if the Bills lost to Easton Stick or Bailey Zappe in “must-win” games. This week will be tough but they are playing Dallas at the right time. Last week was a huge emotional win for Dallas vs. their hated rival. This week has to be a bit of a letdown from an emotion standpoint. It’s a bit of a trap game for Dallas. 

Miami is not beating the Jets, Baltimore and Dallas. They will lose at least one of those. That means that the Bills play for the division in early January. 

If the Bills lose to an Easton Stick then McDermott should be sent over Niagra Falls without a barrel. It's bad enough they lost to Zach Wilson and Mac Jones. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dallas is averaging something like 18 ppg on the road and 40 ppg at home.  They are a much different team on the road.

I think we need another big Cook game.  Dallas edge rushers will be coming all game long...that's what she said.

Have Cook leak out and have Johnson work in as well.  That's what she said.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wish I was this optimistic. I will say that if that KC game was an indication that we are peaking at the right time, a BIG if, then things are lining up nicely for us to win the Division.

I’m not ready to say that’s the case. Beat Dallas and now we are taking about a team that is starting to roll. I think and hope the team is just taking it one game at a time.

If Miami loses to the Jets, they are going to collapse with the pressure like they always do. Still, even if they lose their next 3 and we win the next 3 we still have to win in Miami to take the Division.

So, one game at a time. Beat Dallas and I’ll start to believe we are peaking at the right time.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, that’s how I’m looking at it as well.  It would not shock me to see the Fish completely collapse.  That loss on Monday night was inexcusable, and worse than anything the Bills have done.  Their offense with a gimpy Hill is pedestrian, and their defense is average.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I agree, although they’d probably do something Billsy after that, like lose to the Chargers or Pats. Would not surprise me AT ALL. 😉

I would have agreed 3 weeks ago

josh Allen is back and it couldn’t have come at the right time 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I wish I was this optimistic. I will say that if that KC game was an indication that we are peaking at the right time, a BIG if, then things are lining up nicely for us to win the Division.

I’m not ready to say that’s the case. Beat Dallas and now we are taking about a team that is starting to roll. I think and hope the team is just taking it one game at a time.

If Miami loses to the Jets, they are going to collapse with the pressure like they always do. Still, even if they lose their next 3 and we win the next 3 we still have to win in Miami to take the Division.

So, one game at a time. Beat Dallas and I’ll start to believe we are peaking at the right time.

There’s a really good chance that we are playing for the division even if we don’t beat Dallas. Miami is not very good. The Bills are a better team (but obviously have a worse record). The Bills aren’t losing to a Herbert-less Chargers or a 2nd Pats game. It just won’t happen. They just don’t have the luxury of losing focus like earlier in the year. You’ll have to win in Miami which won’t be easy but they’ll be ready and Josh owns them.

9 hours ago, Gman10 said:

We don't need the Cowboy game, we need 2 and the Miami game with 2 Miami losses. A Cowboy win would make things way easier

We need the Cowboys for Momentum. That would be 2 wins against the 2 best teams in the NFL not named SF. That puts tremendous pressure on Miami going into the gauntlet of Baltimore, Dallas and the showdown to close out the season. The Dallas game assures us that we have our fate in our own hands getting into the tournament.

Bills have 6 losses and the fish have 4.  There is a very good chance the fish lose to the Cowboys and @Ravens before we meet in week 17.  In fact, it is more likely than not the fish lose to both as they STILL haven't beaten a team w/a winning record.  The Jets awoke last Sunday - the question is, will they keep rolling or go back to sleep?
The Bills should win at least 3 of the remaining 4 and could win out with Dallas being the toughest test. Chargers have lost Herbert; we owe the Pats a whooping and we don't deserve anything if we don't beat the fish.  We could actually be in 1st when week 17 rolls around and can clinch it with a win.
If we win 2 and lose 1 going into week 17, we'd be 9-7.  If the fish lose 2 and win 1, they'd be 10-6 before week 17 - meaning a Bills win = AFC Title. We just need to take care of our own games and we should be OK - playoffs-wise.

• Like (+1) 1

As we always say, in the NFL there are always games where it's not about who you play, it's when you play them. 

The Dolphins will be playing the Jets at a bad time..   The Bills will be playing the Chargers at a beneficial time.  

12 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I say this with only a small  amount of schadenfreude, because I truly wish it was the Pats*, but that loss last night was so much along the lines of what the old Bills did I can not believe it. I believe our chances of catching them is very high but certainly not a sure thing. 

I think even likening it to bumbling bills teams of years past is underselling it 😂 that’s one of the most embarrassing late collapses in a game of all time.

Theres just no way you can allow one quick score in a situation like that but two in a row? 
You almost have to try to do that lol 

36 minutes ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

absolutely! there will be close games with Dallas and Baltimore. given how Dallas has been on the road Miami has a chance to win but i think Baltimore gets them. We have to win out and that game vs Dolphins will decide the division

That dolphins oline without Connor Williams and possibly Terron armstead is going to get absolutely obliterated by Dallas…they have little to no chance in that game no matter where it’s played imo.  I don’t really see an outcome where the cowboys beat the bills and not the dolphins too

tua is just not a good improviser when the pocket breaks down…he gets tunnel vision.  I’d be more worried about the bills chances but that is Josh’s biggest strength which gives them a good chance 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.