It’s Dallas week and the Division is on the line!

Einstein

54 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

There were several consecutive years in which New England was notorious for covering the spread.  It was like they could never be favored by enough, and bettors were putting big money on them every single week because of their ridiculous record ATS.  I would imagine Vegas lost a lot overall on those bets, fwiw.

Yeah, I remember that, but also, or division sucked rhino nuts for six games every season too.  Throw in a few more games against siht teams, ...

Just sayin'.

Dallas is one of the two best teams in the league arguably, it's likely that they square off against SF for the NFC championship.

If we can beat them ...

🤞

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why do you think the NFC is a lot better than AFC?  I think AFC is +8 in the H2H, and I dont know that Cowboys are that battle tested (only 3 of their 13 games are against teams 0.500 or better right now).  Agree with alot of your assessments though on play style and areas of concern; though not sure about poor defense in the second half as were are top 10 in pp2ndhalf.  

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/afc-vs-nfc-record-win-loss-record-conbined-2023

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-2nd-half-points-per-game

And to your point, unless I am mistaken, they only have one win against a winning team tight now. And that was the Eagles at home after the Eagles did a run of Cowboys (Eagles win), Chiefs, Bills overtime win, San Fran, Cowboys (Cowboys win). Apart from their last win, they have been beating up on bad teams and getting smacked by anyone actually who is now currently in contention for their division in December.

Again, they've trounced bad teams. They are legitimately talented this year. But the idea that the NFC is a super gauntlet just doesn't hold up. The opposite in fact: it's extremely top heavy with three teams primed for runs (Eagles, Niners, Cowboys), decent playoff teams (Lions, Seahawks) and a whole lot of mediocrity in between.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Game gets tougher with Hyde and AJE ruled out…

The injuries even out - looks like they'll be missing a DT and safety, and there seems to be some sort of flu thing that they're dealing with.

No excuses on this one.  The Bills are at home, and need to win.

16 hours ago, DapperCam said:

TIL that the weather in Dallas and Buffalo is “not much different” lmoa

it really isn't at the moment.  Normally it would be but this year it doesn't seem to be.  The time where the weather is really different is february.  Its in the 40s or 50s here and you guys have snow and freezing temperatures.  We occasionally get that in february here also...typical an ice or snow storm once a year.

Its high 30s in the morning here and has been about 55 to 65 during the day.  So if its 40 or 35 sunday afternoon in Buffalo that means the weather is not an issue.  

Today it is pouring rain and 51 degrees out.  So if it rains sunday and is 40 out that is not much different.  

If it were going to be 9 degrees out and sleeting sunday then you could see the weather being a factor but as of right now it won't be.

BTW I live in North Texas and am from (and heading back to) Central NY.  So please yes LMAO all you want but there isn't any difference in the weather at the moment that is going to affect this game.

• Eyeroll 1

my big concern sunday is Pass Interference.  Dallas has scored so much in part to the amount of PI's they are the beneficiary of.  They have the second most PI called in their favor at 14.  

If you have watched Dallas at all you will know they have trounced some bad teams who could not compete with them on the line of scrimmage and still hung in their and fought but then got killed with soft PI that saved drives and setup easy scores.

it happened vs the rams, seahawks, Giants.....They seemingly are in 3rd down a bunch and get flags on the secondary all the time.   If Buffalo's secondary is disciplined this week and does not commit PI they are going to have a real chance to win this.  Dak has been sacked a bunch, mostly when smith was out but I can't see Buffalo getting to him much...Its going to take great coverage on Defense and probably 31 to 35 points on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

It stinks that AJ is out, but...

Leonard Floyd is having an exceptional season. Greg Rousseau and Von Miller both had good weeks against Kansas City. Ed Oliver has been beastly in the middle.

I think his absence is survivable.

I'm more concerned about Micah. The dropoff from him to Rapp/Lewis is big. Not only that, it reduces the degree to which the Bills can operate out of dime packages, and it potentially puts Tyrel Dodsen on the field more often against the pass, which is not ideal.

Either way, as others have said, the Cowboys have injuries, too. Bills need to take care of business.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

it really isn't at the moment.  Normally it would be but this year it doesn't seem to be.  The time where the weather is really different is february.  Its in the 40s or 50s here and you guys have snow and freezing temperatures.  We occasionally get that in february here also...typical an ice or snow storm once a year.

Its high 30s in the morning here and has been about 55 to 65 during the day.  So if its 40 or 35 sunday afternoon in Buffalo that means the weather is not an issue.  

Today it is pouring rain and 51 degrees out.  So if it rains sunday and is 40 out that is not much different.  

If it were going to be 9 degrees out and sleeting sunday then you could see the weather being a factor but as of right now it won't be.

BTW I live in North Texas and am from (and heading back to) Central NY.  So please yes LMAO all you want but there isn't any difference in the weather at the moment that is going to affect this game.

The difference is Dallas doesn't play home games outdoors in that weather

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Colin Cowturd, typical Bills hater, just said Josh Allen is the best player in the NFL and thinks the Bills will beat the cowboys because of their home field advantage. Is he feeling ok? 

That dude flip-flops more than a gold medal gymnast.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, nucci said:

The difference is Dallas doesn't play home games outdoors in that weather

they play every year in ny washington and philly.

The weather this week is not an issue.  They probably practiced outside all week and wont be much different than sunday.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Weirdly enough I find myself both disliking Cowherd and liking him at the same time. 

I enjoy listening now and again. I think he is a reasonable dude. But his takes have a tendency to be super dumb too

Edited by Mango

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

they play every year in ny washington and philly.

The weather this week is not an issue.  They probably practiced outside all week and wont be much different than sunday.

it’s not just the cold. It’s supposed to be heavy rain and 20-30 mph winds. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Colin Cowturd, typical Bills hater, just said Josh Allen is the best player in the NFL and thinks the Bills will beat the cowboys because of their home field advantage. Is he feeling ok? 

He's predictable. When Colin knows he is picking a team in his Blazing 5 (He picked BUF this week)....he talks them up.  He's ALL in. 

Now if the Bills fail him and lose to Dallas, he will blame it on McDermott being a defensive coach lol.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I love Hyde. I hope he retires for his own well being.  All these neck stinger injuries are not good. 

It's really going to be tough for us if we get in the playoffs and he can't play. Ugh. 

I honestly don't see us giving him another year. Father Time is adding up.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

it’s not just the cold. It’s supposed to be heavy rain and 20-30 mph winds. 

This game is sounding windier each day.  I first saw 10-12mph on Monday,  then by Weds it was up to 10-15mph,  now it's 10-20 sustained with 30 mph gusts.  Sheesh.  We should keep in mind it's supposed to be a Southerly wind, so that would favor a wind advantage from the tunnel end towards the big scoreboard, then turning SW in the evening which would be the typical wind favoring towards the tunnel end.  Tricky. Hope McDermott is paying attention.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

He was GLAZING Allen today.

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Usually the 4 Buffalo News reporters are such homers when they pick the scores every Friday,  they always pick the Bills no matter what.  Three of the four pick the Cowboys this week (by 3, 7, 10  points).  A little surprised to see that.

Wellll they have the better team right now with all of our defensive injuries but I maintain we have the better QB and being at home… lfg 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Dallas is the "Scott Farkus" of the NFL. And the Bills will punch them out at the Ralphie.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Usually the 4 Buffalo News reporters are such homers when they pick the scores every Friday,  they always pick the Bills no matter what.  Three of the four pick the Cowboys this week (by 3, 7, 10  points).  A little surprised to see that.

Ya...go ask the wise guys what they think. The writers are wrong. 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

This game is sounding windier each day.  I first saw 10-12mph on Monday,  then by Weds it was up to 10-15mph,  now it's 10-20 sustained with 30 mph gusts.  Sheesh.  We should keep in mind it's supposed to be a Southerly wind, so that would favor a wind advantage from the tunnel end towards the big scoreboard, then turning SW in the evening which would be the typical wind favoring towards the tunnel end.  Tricky. Hope McDermott is paying attention.

gonna need Micah Hyde back there for punt returns just like the wind game against the Patriots a couple years ago.

Wait… crap…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.