Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

5 points lower than their season avg.  They lucked out that Toney lines up Offside which is extremely rare or that game was lost.  I'll give him credit that they won the game but that wasn't a great showing.  This team needs to do better.  McD is undefeated after the bye but IIRC those were mostly close games just like this one.  Hopefully play better next week because Dallas has the best O in the league right now, while KC is like 12th.

the thing i feel good about is I think we are usually outcoached by teams like the chiefs. i don't believe the cowboys are nearly as well coached. 

Mahomes crying the entire post-conference interview about Toney being called for the infraction. Whining about how Kelce won't get the enjoyment of seeing his throw be replayed on ESPN a million times. Guess this is the reaction of his team not getting calls or having calls go against them.

If dude doesn't get fined something heavy for criticism of the refs, I swear. 

• Like (+1) 8

4 minutes ago, sven233 said:

2:12 left...... Chiefs have 2 TOs.

Run the ball on 1st down to the 2 minute warning.

Run the ball on 2nd down.  Force the Chiefs to use a TO.

Run the ball again.  Force the Chiefs to use their last TO.

If you just pick up that last first down, you can take a knee.....run the clock down to a couple seconds and kick a short game winning FG with no time left for them to get the ball back.

Instead, they passed every time, didn't get the first down, left them with basically a full 2 minutes and 2 TOs to go on a potential game winning drive.

Worst case if we didn't get the 1st down running on those 3 plays would be giving them the ball with just about a minute left and no TOs.  Sure, no guarantees, of course, but it would have been a much better situation at worst.

Yep. That was bad decision making. The diggs drop I can forgive the play call on. Second down have to run.

3 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeah, that's what Romo said.  He commented that refs sometimes don't want to call ticky tack penalties in that situation but that was so blatant they had to call it.

I think when mahomes sees the replay he might soften a bit on this outrage. 

2 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

the thing i feel good about is I think we are usually outcoached by teams like the chiefs. i don't believe the cowboys are nearly as well coached. 

We shall see.  I have always believed we have the talent to make the run.  They just have to do it.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

2:12 left...... Chiefs have 2 TOs.

Run the ball on 1st down to the 2 minute warning.

Run the ball on 2nd down.  Force the Chiefs to use a TO.

Run the ball again.  Force the Chiefs to use their last TO.

If you just pick up that last first down, you can take a knee.....run the clock down to a couple seconds and kick a short game winning FG with no time left for them to get the ball back.

Instead, they passed every time, didn't get the first down, left them with basically a full 2 minutes and 2 TOs to go on a potential game winning drive.

Worst case if we didn't get the 1st down running on those 3 plays would be giving them the ball with just about a minute left and no TOs.  Sure, no guarantees, of course, but it would have been a much better situation at worst.

Over the season it’s been takes on the other side, “Need do more, be aggressive, you have Josh Allen, go get the win.”

McDermott was more aggressive tonight and they won. He acknowledged previous games and adjusted. 

The Chiefs only needed 13 seconds once before. Bills were coming off an OT loss, on the road. 

I’m not over analyzing here. They went for kill shots. The defense didn’t sit back and give up free yards on the last drive. They got the win. Go Bills

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes is facing the first string of adversity ever in his career, and is absolutely losing his mind over it.

Call me crazy, but Toney was offside. And anyway it wadn’t a normal play - it was coming off a catch in bounds and KC was hurrying. Refs can’t intercede there. He and Reid should be embarrassed for KC now losing two big games because players lined up offside at the crucial moment.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Question----why did the clock stop right before the last Bills field goal?   CBS made it sound like Kincaid caught the pass, which would have had the clock continue to run, and the Bills did not take a time out.   If that was ruled a catch that seems like an officiating error.   

I think it was incomplete 

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Mahomes crying the entire post-conference interview about Toney being called for the infraction. Whining about how Kelce won't get the enjoyment of seeing his throw be replayed on ESPN a million times. Guess this is the reaction of his team not getting calls or having calls go against them.

If dude doesn't get fined something heavy for criticism of the refs, I swear. 

Imagine the entitlement to think the Refs are responsible for making sure you don't line up off side.

He's right that they give those warnings from time to time. But to think you're entitled to that is just shameful.

Shame on you, Kermit.

kermit throw up GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Happy they won. But make no mistake, the D gave up the game winning TD in like 3 plays had it not been for a WR gaffe.

McDermott should put Toney on his Christmas card list, 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Lol Mahomes is facing the first string of adversity ever in his career, and is absolutely losing his mind over it.

He’s right that you normally get a warning but normally you aren’t racing and normally the guy isn’t about 2 feet over the line. 

I think once he gets the game tape it’ll click for him but I get why in the moment he could be unfairly hot about it 

Just now, billsfan714 said:

Jesus Andy and Mahomes, they threw the flag rightly before you passed it, what do you expect them to pick it up if the result of the play was good after the penalty was committed.   Whiney bastards.

I mean they literally did pick up the flag after the second blatant Kelce OPI call.

Just a spoiled brat who's not used to not getting his way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Over the season it’s been takes on the other side, “Need do more, be aggressive, you have Josh Allen, go get the win.”

McDermott was more aggressive tonight and they won. He acknowledged previous games and adjusted. 

The Chiefs only needed 13 seconds once before. Bills were coming off an OT loss, on the road. 

I’m not over analyzing here. They went for kill shots. The defense didn’t sit back and give up free yards on the last drive. They got the win. Go Bills

Kill shot?  How many balls went to the end zone on that last drive?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You misinterpret what I said.  I never said the defense didn't play well.  I said they held the 12th ranked offense to 5 points below their average.  I also said we got lucky Toney lined up Offside or we lose that game.  To continue the thought so you understand... I thought the defense played well and our Offense crapped the bed after a fast start.  Both sides of the ball will need to do better next week because Dallas has a good D but more importantly has the best offense in the NFL.  We still got lucky in this game regardless of how well the D played overall.

KC is pretty close to an elite defense this year...I didn't think we would keep it up all game long on offense.  They are the only team that hasn't allowed 30 points all season yet.

Allen was under duress most of the second half and sometimes only with a 3 man rush...that can't happen, they have to better up front.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.