Mac Jones misery (a salacious read)

co_springs_billsfan

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Mac Jones made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. That was officially the end of the NFL Pro Bowl. Now they only have a skills competition. They knew they had gone too far

That was the year where 13 seconds happened and Josh, himself an alternate for some reason, wanted nothing to do with it, so Mac was an Alternate alternate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I still just cannot fathom how this team allowed him to drive 75 yards in the final minutes to a game winning touchdown.

I mean, that is just a colossal failure. I can't even understand it.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 8

25 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I still just cannot fathom how this team allowed him to drive 75 yards in the final minutes to a game winning touchdown.

Bigtime chess move from McD.  Keeps New England out of the top spot in the draft, so they'll pick Maye, who has a few more "this guy could be a bust" qualities than Williams.  Though, both might not pan out that well (imo).

49 minutes ago, Rubes said:

That's the vaunted McDermott prevent. Designed to avoid giving up the huge play in favor of giving up significant chunks of yardage to a team with multiple timeouts. 

When it works, we hold them to a long FG try that always is good and then let the chips fall in OT, where we lose. But it's a respectable loss.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When

not if

🎵Until the twelfth of never 🎶

🎶And that's a long, long time.🎵

I thought 'salacious' was reserved for the MILF hunter down the coast, Bwana Zach. 🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Mac Jones *and* Bailey Zappe experience is why BB will very likely retire and not take on another head coaching job.

No team wants its high draft pick or franchise quarterback enduring that psychological torture of starting, benching, starting, benching. 

No team wants to see their quarterback endure a gauntlet of coaches who are universally despised by players (Patricia, Judge, O'Brien) who never hold themselves accountable for the crap jobs they do.   

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This is way too ***** familiar.

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

That's the vaunted McDermott prevent. Designed to avoid giving up the huge play in favor of giving up significant chunks of yardage to a team with multiple timeouts. 

When it works, we hold them to a long FG try that always is good and then let the chips fall in OT, where we lose. But it's a respectable loss.

You guys are forgetting that the first play of that drive sealed the deal.  A stupid screen pass to Stevenson and a flurry of missed tackles later he had gained nearly 40 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, eball said:

You guys are forgetting that the first play of that drive sealed the deal.  A stupid screen pass to Stevenson and a flurry of missed tackles later he had gained nearly 40 yards.

Still, all they needed to do was force them to kick a FG and it goes to OT. They still allowed 35 more yards and a TD to lose it.

Some hack, I didn't catch his name, was on WGR this afternoon claiming that Mac Jones' fall might be the biggest of any QB in history because of how "good" he was as a rookie.  

The guy was trash then and he's trash now.  The only difference is that more people realize it.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to be very, very clear on this and I have stated this here before.

A couple of years back a buddy of mine who lived in New England was listening to a local sports show and the topic of discussion was about when Mac Jones will make the Hall of Fame.

When

not if

Don't forget all those takes about how Mac Jones had similar numbers to Josh Allen as a rookie so obviously he was going to have the same or even better career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, eball said:

QFT vs the ridiculous takes on here how Mac Jones marched them down the field like Joe Montana

Similar to the whole 'was great as a rookie - a Pro-Bowler!' - narrative.  He was nothing more than a mediocre dink and dunk game manager his rookie year with no notable physical skills - who for some inexplicable reason the media fell in love with and resulted in him being a warm body to be the fill in for the first fill in who said FU to the Pro Bowl and that stupid meaningless 'honor'

But But it was the coordinators fault last year!  Crying and screaming on the sideline which I'm sure he thought made him look 'Fiesty' - but instead just made him look like a petulant child and revealed him to the the weak minded loser he is.  Now everyone knows the fault is his - he sucks, is a dirty POS player, and has a punchable face.

F him, and F the Cheaters - couldn't have happened to two more deserving pieces of sh!t

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, that screen was brought to you by one of McDermott's patented final drive stupid blitzes. The same concept lost us close games against the Broncos and the Eagles too.

Taking into context the talent of the defense and the talent of the opposing offense, our loss to the Pats was the worst Bills defensive performance of the millennium. Don't try and excuse away that coaching abomination.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, eball said:

The miss by Jordan Phillips was the most egregious. 

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

They gained 40 yards on one play with an ineligble man downfield flag picked up. 

7 minutes ago, finn said:

The miss by Jordan Phillips was the most egregious. 

He's the most useless player on the team. He hasn't made one positive play this season. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Mac Jones made the Pro Bowl as a rookie. That was officially the end of the NFL Pro Bowl. Now they only have a skills competition. They knew they had gone too far

He certainly did not deserve it, too. His stats were not on par with other prop bowl QB's.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That was the year where 13 seconds happened and Josh, himself an alternate for some reason, wanted nothing to do with it, so Mac was an Alternate alternate.

Yeah, it drives me crazy that NFL media types don't make any distinction on alternate v not.

Folks will say "Mac Jones made a ProBowl in 2021, what happened?" and "Josh Allen didn't make a ProBowl in 2021, it wasn't that good of a year" not realizing Josh saying no thanks was the reason Mac went at all.

Super annoying.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

A couple of years back a buddy of mine who lived in New England was listening to a local sports show and the topic of discussion was about when Mac Jones will make the Hall of Fame.

When

not if

That’s sports talk radio for you! They prop then knock players down just as quick.  lol 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

Bigtime chess move from McD.  Keeps New England out of the top spot in the draft, so they'll pick Maye, who has a few more "this guy could be a bust" qualities than Williams.  Though, both might not pan out that well (imo).

Part of me wants draft MHJ then take the Georgia QB in the second.. I mean if we can sign Higgins that should help the O a lot. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Part of me wants draft MHJ then take the Georgia QB in the second.. I mean if we can sign Higgins that should help the O a lot. 

MHJ would be the smart pick.  It depends who is in charge of the draft for the Pats.  I doubt BB would take either of the top prospects at QB.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When

not if

Lots of players and ex-players visit who are not enshrined.   Some are even occasionally featured like Frank Reich was when I visited.

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

Well according to some posters on this site their coach is Wile E Coyote, Supergenius.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Nothing about Mac Jones can be described as salacious.

meme.jpg

5 hours ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39043021/new-england-patriots-mac-jones-quarterback-man-muddled-moment

It's a long read but if you want to escape from the Bills' season for a time this should make you smile

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When

not if

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

it would make me smile more if we had beaten those bums in Foxboro.

Funny, I see a striking resemblance...

image_3d9d8304.jpeg

Couldn't happen to a more whiny, wimpy, weasel. Love to see it. He's had enough bizarre occurrences on the field that look like attempts to injure the opposition, and enough laughable still shots of his wildly dramatic, panicked expressions to know this dude doesn't belong out there. He's a danger to himself and others. I'm glad he's miserable, because hopefully that accelerates his retirement. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.