It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

KC rarely loses back to back games under Reid and Mahomes

Has any other QB besides Allen won against Mahomes in Arrowhead twice?  Burrow maybe?

No one has done it 3 times  *13 seconds - Josh basically did it 3 times already 

60% we lose IMO

This year's KC team is so different - and especially now without Pacheco, who was really helping carry that offense.

The teams they have had in previous years have been so formidable - the "back to back" losses thing makes more sense w/ those teams.  I'm not sure it really applies this year.

39 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

If anything it will inspire them. This is a talented football team with an axe to grind. Watch out. 

It's time.

https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&sca_esv=589207572&hl=en&tbm=vid&q=buffalo+bills+circle+the+wagons&ved=2ahUKEwjxpLzp6ICDAxWkmWoFHRH6ChcQ8ccDegQIPBAJ&biw=1536&bih=715&dpr=1.25#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:6d03700d,vid:cXKCpi999jo,st:0

43 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

All I know is that if the Bills lose this game with these key Chiefs players out, they better lock down Orchard Park afterwords and get McDummy private security from all the pitchforks.

As much as I hate the guy I actually feel sorry for him right now, if anything because of the tremendous pressure and fact I think they still end up losing this game despite the Chiefs being the most banged up they have all season.

Exactly. Who cares what you think you’re not even a real bill fan

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sal Capaccio is such an apologist for this organization. 

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Great, he can tell us the generic coverages the Chiefs use and never make a single prediction on what will happen. 

And of course he'll throw in the "I'm not in the room with the coaches" throw away line. 

He doesn't really say anything. 

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Punkcheco is out for the game?  Awesome.  Now I don’t have to cheer and hope that someone takes his head off during the game. 

Pacheco, LB Tranquill, S Bryan Cook, OT Donovan Smith all ruled out

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-rb-isiah-pacheco-shoulder-ruled-out-vs-bills

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

If the players support McD they will have their best game of the season. Jmo 

Feel the same..

This game will be called the KC Massacre because we're going to beat them up.. 

Now they have to deal with significant injuries, 2 on D and Pacheco out on O, it's a perfect storm for a Buffalo beatdown

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

All I know is that if the Bills lose this game with these key Chiefs players out, they better lock down Orchard Park afterwords and get McDummy private security from all the pitchforks.

As much as I hate the guy I actually feel sorry for him right now, if anything because of the tremendous pressure and fact I think they still end up losing this game despite the Chiefs being the most banged up they have all season.

In fairness, Bills have : Milano, Daquan, Tre all out.

Yes, we've had to deal with it and Chiefs just got hit suddenly.

No excuses, we still need to win.  But let's not paint a picture of an unhealthy Chiefs vs healthy Bills squad.  

We are coming off a bye/rest, that's our advantage..plain and simple

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Exactly. Who cares what you think you’re not even a real bill fan

If you still believe that then why am I not here gloating about the Dolphins being the #1 seed in the AFC, on their way to the division title, best QB in NFL, etc?

Because I don't care them....it's simply a lost opportunity and another reason why this team must move swiftly on finding a new head coach and innovative mind like said guy in Miami.

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If you still believe that then why am I not here gloating about the Dolphins being the #1 seed in the AFC, on their way to the division title, best QB in NFL, etc?

Because I don't care them....it's simply a lost opportunity and another reason why this team must move swiftly on finding a new head coach and innovative mind like said guy in Miami.

1563fdcdd1a1be8d806575f2b7950c11.gif

1 hour ago, Success said:

This year's KC team is so different - and especially now without Pacheco, who was really helping carry that offense.

The teams they have had in previous years have been so formidable - the "back to back" losses thing makes more sense w/ those teams.  I'm not sure it really applies this year.

They've had back to back losses before. But yeah, this team is just different...the least talented they've had. By far. Now they are hurting. 

We are a bad matchup for the Chiefs in general. Despite our problems we have dogs on the DL this year. 

Look, we didn't play our best game last year and still won. We had 2 red zone turnovers (?) . 

Again, truth to the notion we've lost to much worse teams. But I just have a solid feeling the team is going to be tuned in. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Gloating would probably get you banned 

But you have been outed. I’ve seen your post under the message boards.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Because you know you're about 5 seconds from being tossed out of here permanently.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Is that the same innovative mind that is 1-3 vs. the inferior McDermott and who was lucky to even get that one win? 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

They've had back to back losses before. But yeah, this team is just different...the least talented they've had. By far. Now they are hurting. 

We are a bad matchup for the Chiefs in general. Despite our problems we have dogs on the DL this year. 

Look, we didn't play our best game last year and still won. We had 2 red zone turnovers (?) . 

Again, truth to the notion we've lost to much worse teams. But I just have a solid feeling the team is going to be tuned in. 

The Chiefs offense is the worst personnel wise they've had in Mahomes era, but the D is by far the best.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

BILLS MUST CONTAIN PACHECO AND OTHER KC RBs in order to win this game. Stop the screens that the Chiefs will run in order to exploit Dodson's lack of coverage skills

Pacheco is out 

12 minutes ago, beebe said:

The Chiefs offense is the worst personnel wise they've had in Mahomes era, but the D is by far the best.

I don't think it's the best crew they've had. They have played well....but better depth on the old teams and better back end. I think these LBs may be the best when healthy....but they're not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Sal Capaccio is such an apologist for this organization. 

Great, he can tell us the generic coverages the Chiefs use and never make a single prediction on what will happen. 

And of course he'll throw in the "I'm not in the room with the coaches" throw away line. 

He doesn't really say anything. 

Will the Bills play man coverage on the Chiefs receivers or will they allow the quick 7-10 yard receptions by playing off the receivers? 

Should be an exciting game. Putting our shared anxieties and hopes aside or a minute, we're just so fricking lucky to be able to watch two quarterbacks of this ridiculous quality in the same game. After twenty years of watching garbage (and Brady), I'm just going to try to enjoy the show. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You still have McKinnon and CEH that are good receivers out the backfield

McKinnon is a poor man's version of Pacheco and CEH barely hangs onto the active roster by a thread- he was a healthy scratch earlier this season.

If we lose this game when KC is falling apart before our eyes on offense it will be an unmitigated disaster.

• Agree 1

Regardless of what you really think about the McD article/stories: 

It really stinks that more time and discussion wasn’t spent this week on actual football Xs and Os. 

Idk about all the divas out there on TBD but I’m not interested in the here say, the drama, etc. 

I want to talk, watch and discuss ball. The news this week almost entirely took the focus away from the match up, and I think it’s just a microcosm of our society in how click bait can dominate over more substantial topics. 

Go Bills

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Will the Bills play man coverage on the Chiefs receivers or will they allow the quick 7-10 yard receptions by playing off the receivers? 

I think you know the answer is they will allow receptions all the way down the field. With the caveat on 3 and 5 they'll play further off.

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, finn said:

Should be an exciting game. Putting our shared anxieties and hopes aside or a minute, we're just so fricking lucky to be able to watch two quarterbacks of this ridiculous quality in the same game. After twenty years of watching garbage (and Brady), I'm just going to try to enjoy the show. 

But Brady told me that the league is full of mediocre now. 

What gives?

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

I don't know how much it would have mattered to the game itself, but not having to watch Punkcheco get up after every run acting like a complete buffoon will increase my ability to enjoy the game a little more while it's happening.  Now, we hope the scoreboard helps us all feel great after the game is over.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have no faith in McDermott to snug our corners up on the WRs.

The bubble is Rashee Rice’s primary route, and I can see the Bills allowing 9-11 catches on this for 100+ yards.

Despite having (2) 6’1” 200+ pound corners.

I think they’ll play the Chiefs like Tyreek Hill is still on the team and play 15-yards on critical 3rd downs. 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don't know how much it would have mattered to the game itself, but not having to watch Punkcheco get up after every run acting like a complete buffoon will increase my ability to enjoy the game a little more while it's happening.

Yeah, but we'll also miss out on the fun of watching Ed Oliver trying to land on him 6 times.

Close, but probably still a good deal.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

But Brady told me that the league is full of mediocre now. 

What gives?

🤷‍♂️

Brady may have been a great player, but he's a little tiny man, jealous of other players getting the attention. 

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He seemed much more grounded, vulnerable, and human in this presser. He answered every single question and wasn’t once his usual prickly self. If this was the McD from 24 hours ago, before this “attack on his character” came out, when asked about Von Miller again he would’ve resorted to his usual “I respect the question, but I spoke about it yesterday and I’ll just leave it at that.”

Hopefully he read the article and is also an introspective person. If he is, he can grow from this experience. Taking those truths in and reflecting on them will ultimately lead to a better man. I’ll be pulling for him the rest of the season because I’m a Bills fan first and foremost. That doesn’t mean I don’t want him gone if he fails to make the playoffs though. Introspection can’t help with perennially bad game day management. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It really stinks that more time and discussion wasn’t spent this week on actual football Xs and Os. 

Idk about all the divas out there on TBD but I’m not interested in the here say, the drama, etc. 

I want to talk, watch and discuss ball. The news this week almost entirely took the focus away from the match up, and I think it’s just a microcosm of our society in how click bait can dominate over more substantial topics. 

Go Bills

Even if it’s all true, Dunne picked a helluva week to throw this dirt out there.

11 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Chiefs WR Justyn Ross suspended under league personal conduct policy 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-suspends-chiefs-justyn-ross-six-games-for-violating-personal-conduct-policy/

They'll miss his 2 receptions in 7 games, For Sure.

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Even if it’s all true, Dunne picked a helluva week to throw this dirt out there.

He surely did.  Something tells me it wasn't a coincy-dink.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

BILLS MUST CONTAIN PACHECO AND OTHER KC RBs in order to win this game. Stop the screens that the Chiefs will run in order to exploit Dodson's lack of coverage skills

Pacheco has been declared out for the game.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Go Bills

Imagine the toll it's taking on McDermott as they try to prepare

Concur with the bolded

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.