It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

2 minutes ago, boater said:

I remember Steve Tasker predicting them to go all the way.. because of "all the talent on the roster"

"Talent" ha ha.

I dont know if anyone remembers the show FAME that was on the proto fox channels back in the 80s about a performing arts school in NYC.  We watched it because it was on TV.  Anyways, one of the characters had gotten into some kind of academic trouble, and was getting scolded by his parents (details fuzzy!) and he gets all mad and says FINE JUST BUY ME A SHIRT THAT SAYS HPLA- HIGH POTENTIAL LOW ACHIEVER!!

anyway, your 2023 Buffalo Bills, HPLA.  it's going to be great watching some mediocre teams like Indy and Denver get into the playoffs while the vaunted Buffalo Bills sit at home and talk about that time in high school they threw 4 touchdowns

• Haha (+1) 2

Bills D is going to get shredded all day long by KC. Will look a lot like unchallenged Cincy and late Philly drives against us. 

Bills don’t tackle well. Pacheco will have a big day. And we don’t have any immediate win pass rushers other than Floyd who gets 1-2 of those a game. 

mahommes will RUN all day 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

Bills D is going to get shredded all day long by KC. Will look a lot like unchallenged Cincy and late Philly drives against us. 

Bills don’t tackle well. Pacheco will have a big day. And we don’t have any immediate win pass rushers other than Floyd who gets 1-2 of those a game. 

Could be true, but lest you forget, the Bills do have a potentially high scoring offense themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deadstroke said:

Could be true, but lest you forget, the Bills do have a potentially high scoring offense themselves.

Chiefs D has been awesome this year. we have so many “miscommunications” at critical times. We don’t get the penalty calls on O. 

im certainly not counting on the O. 

so dunno - i felt horrible going into cincy. Felt good about Philly. Back to feeling like cincy. 

• Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Chiefs D has been awesome this year. we have so many “miscommunications” at critical times. We don’t get the penalty calls on O. 

im certainly not counting on the O. 

so dunno - i felt horrible going into cincy. Felt good about Philly. Back to feeling like cincy. 

Chiefs defense is going into this game banged up. They suffered some key injuries at GB. I think they are down to #3 on the depth chart at MLB. This game could be like the Philly game and be 37-34. Maybe we will end up the right side of the scoreboard this time.

Edited by Gregg

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Chiefs defense is going into this game banged up. They suffered some key injuries at GB. I think they are down to #3 on the depth chart at MLB. This game could be like the Philly game and be 37-34. Maybe we will end up the right side of the scoreboard this time.

I hear that.

will

need their best execution against blitz and man to man. Josh scrambles. And then have something to combat a spy. For the love of god - it’s ok if Kincaid gets 10-12 catches on 14 targets for 100yds+. Do the bills coaches / Allen shy away from the obvious again? Hes supposed to be a matchup nightmare? Quicker against lb. Bigger against DB. How about he’s the focal point. Don’t overthink it !

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 5

38 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I dont know if anyone remembers the show FAME that was on the proto fox channels back in the 80s about a performing arts school in NYC.  We watched it because it was on TV.  Anyways, one of the characters had gotten into some kind of academic trouble, and was getting scolded by his parents (details fuzzy!) and he gets all mad and says FINE JUST BUY ME A SHIRT THAT SAYS HPLA- HIGH POTENTIAL LOW ACHIEVER!!

anyway, your 2023 Buffalo Bills, HPLA.  it's going to be great watching some mediocre teams like Indy and Denver get into the playoffs while the vaunted Buffalo Bills sit at home and talk about that time in high school they threw 4 touchdowns

I remember that show! 80s was awesome. Gotta win this game to have any shot getting in the playoffs. A loss to KC and it’s over. I put 650 to win 500, before the Den disaster, on them making the playoffs so let’s do this!

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, balln said:

Mahomes running is one thing, but Pacheco is about all that is working for them right now on offense. They are not right on offense. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a poster on their board saying the same thing about us but swapping names.

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Tranquil will probably clear concussion protocol and Bolton will probably be back this game as well. I think KC’s defense will show up after that sloppy game at GB. We’ll see. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Tranquil will probably clear concussion protocol and Bolton will probably be back this game as well. I think KC’s defense will show up after that sloppy game at GB. We’ll see. 

Even if they are back, they might not be 100%.

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

When is the next media day for the team? 

They should be back in the building today, right?

They may be done practicing for the year. It has been a while. Gave them the optional days off last week and have yet to practice this weeks from all accounts thus far.

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

They may be done practicing for the year. It has been a while. Gave them the optional days off last week and have yet to practice this weeks from all accounts thus far.

Way to tie this weeks threads together. Haha.

But given the playoff implications and all the Von news, it’s been a long time since anybody has been in front of a mic. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

I got beat up so much over my take that Harty and Sherfield are not an upgrade from McK, Crowder and whoever. Many said we have the best WR room in the league. That Kincaid was going to be running seams all day long. 

I never understood the Harty and especially Sherfield hype.

Harty is 5’6” without Tyreek Hill wheels. Media was trying to hype him up all summer with his 2021 numbers.

And Sherfield is a career journeyman on a 1-year deal. 

The Bills turned over the bottom 3 in the room (McKenzie, Crowder, Kumerow), but they’re only better because Shakir has stepped into the #3 role. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Not so sure about Tranquil but Bolton practiced a bit last week and I think he will be in good shape to play. 

The Packers game was SUPER physical so I think the Chiefs could have quite a few injuries at practice this week. 

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

I think we will run it all over them. Mix in some Josh/Kincaid/Diggs. It's on and we bringin it. GO BILLS.

This appears to be the way to attack the Chiefs defense. Pound them with the run game and then play action them to death over and over. 

The secondary is good so Bills need to avoid 3rd and long. I expect the Bills to get to 30 unless they have a lot of trouble staying on schedule or the Chiefs are stopping the run. 

Edited by boilertiger
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

The thing that gives me some hope this week, is that greenbays defense isn't that good and they held kc to 19 points. Granted 19 points might be enough to beat the bills, but assuming the offense keeps rolling, we might be ok 

Something to keep in mind about that game was both teams only had 7 possessions so 19 points wasn't a terrible total. The Chiefs offense has looked above average the past two games. 

The defense may be trending in the wrong direction. Giving up 27 points on 7 possesions is not good at all.

24 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I never understood the Harty and especially Sherfield hype.

Harty is 5’6” without Tyreek Hill wheels. Media was trying to hype him up all summer with his 2021 numbers.

And Sherfield is a career journeyman on a 1-year deal. 

The Bills turned over the bottom 3 in the room (McKenzie, Crowder, Kumerow), but they’re only better because Shakir has stepped into the #3 role. 

Harty: I watcha lot of Saints games, and I liked (not loved) the signing at the time. But Harty looks slower this year, and seems to have no synch with Allen. He’s been pretty good on punt returns, but pretty much a dud at WR. As ineffective as McKenzie was last year, it’s disappointing that Harty hasn’t been an upgrade. 

Sherfield: I never understood the hype either. With that said, I think it was a significant upgrade over Kumerow in the “backup WR/core special teamer” spot. Which is nice, but doesn’t particularly move the needle on offense. 

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, boilertiger said:

The secondary is good so Bills need to avoid 3rd and long. I expect the Bills to get to 30 unless they have a lot of trouble staying on schedule or the Chiefs are stopping the run. 

If the Bills can get to 30 they’re winning for sure. I’ll be playing a teaser with Bills and under. I’m predicting neither team can get to 30 in a 1 score game. 

I expect the Chiefs to be fired up and play hard after the loss to Green Bay.

I expect the Chiefs defense under Steve Spagnuolo -- despite reports of their demise -- to give the Bills offense everything it can handle. The Chiefs play the exact type of defense that seems to give Josh trouble at times.

Despite everything I just said, I irrationally expect a Bills victory on Sunday.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Bills are simply done.

They are so UN-CLUTCH in close games and that won't cut it this time of year.

Do we think NOW they will all of a sudden become clutch in these close games?

If this game is close, do you really think that McDermott can out coach Reid?

I FULLY expect the Bills to finish at a VERY disappointing 8-9, with a very murky future. 

Again, I hope I'm WAY wrong. 

23 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

They just said on NFL Live Chiefs very vulnerable to play action. Packers exploited this. 

Chiefs have been vulnerable because they aren't putting up points like they used to.

They are relying on the offense to outscore the other team (which they cant anymore with only Kelce as the only dependable pass catcher) and then hoping the defense can bail them out when it's crunch time.  Sound familiar?

Edited by The Wiz

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

The thing that gives me some hope this week, is that greenbays defense isn't that good and they held kc to 19 points. Granted 19 points might be enough to beat the bills, but assuming the offense keeps rolling, we might be ok 

If we hold KC to 19 or under and still lose, we deserve to have our season shut down right there.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

They just said on NFL Live Chiefs very vulnerable to play action. Packers exploited this. 

What I heard is that the Packers were effective against the Chiefs D by using a lot of play action and misdirection plays, which slowed down their pass rush (specifically, Chris Jones).

They'll be looking for it this week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Anyone know who is officiating the game this week?

Sal said Carl Ceffers crew.

Bills game to my memory he has done is:

AFC championship game between KC and Bills

Following years regular season Bills vs chiefs game, for a nice roughing the passer call that helped Bills maintain a scoring drive.

Also Bills Cincy playoff game last year.

Decent ref, should be ok.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.