It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Even still the Cardinals are worse.

Not with Murray back in the mix.

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I feel like there is so much game tape from how the Eagles and Packers played the Chiefs.  I hope ol' Process has watched some of it. Bills won't have Von Miller this time to bail them out in the 4th quarter.  

No, but we will have Leonard Floyd who has been more productive than 2022 Von through 12 games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I feel like there is so much game tape from how the Eagles and Packers played the Chiefs.  I hope ol' Process has watched some of it. Bills won't have Von Miller this time to bail them out in the 4th quarter.  

I was about to say “wtf?!?” but then I realized you were referring to last season against KC.

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah, that's definitely been our kryptonite.

Could be the reason the team keeps finding itself in one-score games, leaving McDermott to dip deep into his prevent "maybe they'll miss the field goal if we let them go down the field on us in 30 seconds" defense. The other team adjusts, we don't. I have high hopes for Brady to adapt on the fly, very little hope for McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Process said:

No idea how this season will go or if it can be salvaged but for this game specially I am extremely and maybe unreasonably confident. 

Yeah, being overly confident as a Buffalo sports fan is a very weird feeling.   I’ll talk myself into us losing though so I can feel more normal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

No, but we will have Leonard Floyd who has been more productive than 2022 Von through 12 games.

Who would have thunk it, but this appears to be more of a defensive matchup than an offensive one.  

It's the game that McDoesn'tKnow has dreamt about.  

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

The only thing Con Miller has bailed out is himself from jail

15 hours ago, Einstein said:

We can beat the Chiefs. 

If we play like we have the last two weeks, even with the few mistakes, we WILL beat the Chiefs (they are not as good as Philly). They are in the same funk as we were most of the season. They have lost 3 of their last 5.

The season is on the line here. Win and we are only 1 game back of the Chiefs (who would have thought?). The Jags play the Browns this week (go Jags). Broncos play the Chargers (go Chargers). Colts play the Bengals (go Bengals).

I also want to know what NFL schedule maker thought it would be funny to make this the 13th game of the season. Real funny.

Go Bills. 

The chiefs can be had. It starts now. The stretch playoff run....LFG!!!!!

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

As poorly as this season has gone, if we win next Sunday we are one game behind the Chiefs.  Crazy.

I'm hoping we win and Miami loses to dallas and Baltimore and we can play them for the division in their house last week of season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, being overly confident as a Buffalo sports fan is a very weird feeling.   I’ll talk myself into us losing though so I can feel more normal. 

No need to talk yourself into it - theres plenty here who can do that for you

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I expect a slow, undisciplined and unprepared McD led team Sunday. Josh will try but he won’t be able to overcome our head coach. 

remember, we could do even worse than McDermott!  So, we’ve gotta keep him around next year.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I expect a slow, undisciplined and unprepared McD led team Sunday. Josh will try but he won’t be able to overcome our head coach. 

Strange considering McD is undefeated coming off Bye Weeks.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The entire NFL world will be against the Bills.

The refs will be out for blood.

Why do you feel that way out of curiousity?

No doubt the bills got screwed last week, but do you honestly think the NFL wants Joe flacco , Gardner minshew and Kenny Pickett in the playoffs instead of Josh Allen?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

No way. Not with Josh.  The path is clear. Look at what Indy is doing with no star qb. 

Eking out marginal wins against the worst teams in the NFL for 4 straight weeks?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Strange considering McD is undefeated coming off Bye Weeks.

He's also often defeated in close games and any time in-game head coaching decisions are required. Let's hope the Bills talent can overcome the inept coach by winning by multiple scores! That's how we do it in Buffalo. We like to handicap ourselves with a complete doofus of a head coach. Then if they win, you know the team REALLY played well. Best of the best of the best with one arm tied behind our backs. Ultimate bragging rights.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

He's also often defeated in close games and any time in-game head coaching decisions are required. Let's hope the Bills talent can overcome the inept coach by winning by multiple scores! That's how we do it in Buffalo. We like to handicap ourselves with a complete doofus of a head coach. Then if they win, you know the team REALLY played well. Best of the best of the best with one arm tied behind our backs. Ultimate bragging rights.

Well...that is only partially true...if the Bills have the ball last, they usually win in those situations...if they score too quickly and give the other team the ball back with anything over 13 seconds where they only need a FG they tend to not fair too well.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Well...that is only partially true...if the Bills have the ball last, they usually win in those situations...if they score too quickly and give the other team the ball back with anything over 13 seconds where they only need a FG they tend to not fair too well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Yeah it definitely is maddening.  That being said, in the grand scheme of things, we aren't in those positions that often(except this year) since we typically are blowing teams out.  They also had the best regular season record since 2020 and haven't lost in the regular season by more than 6 points in over 2 years(Indy 11/21/21 was the last time), so that simply shows how few times they have actually lost and how hard it is to beat them...and in most cases, the Bills do far more to beat themselves than the other team actually does.  

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Haha I know, I was being 100% sarcastic.  Although, quite a few people actually think like that.

A ton of them do, and to a degree, you can't blame them.

Most of the HC hires we have made going back over 50 years have been dog crap.

Bills fans assume that is the way it must be, because that is the way it always was.

They need to realize there is another way.

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah it definitely is maddening.  That being said, in the grand scheme of things, we aren't in those positions that often(except this year) since we typically are blowing teams out.  They also had the best regular season record since 2020 and haven't lost in the regular season by more than 6 points in over 2 years(Indy 11/21/21 was the last time), so that simply shows how few times they have actually lost and how hard it is to beat them...and in most cases, the Bills do far more to beat themselves than the other team actually does.  

Agreed. They are a great team talent wise who can blow teams out, and because of that, there's nowhere to lay the blame for their inability to finish games in crunch time except on McDermott. Some of his coaching failures are painfully evident even to casual fans (12 men on the field to lose the Broncos game for example), some are nuanced and we have to speculate on player v. coach failures (his defense's consistent inability to come up with a stop on the last drive to win it), but with so many at this point, he has to take responsibility for all of it. It's his team, and when the game is close and on the line late, they/he choke.

Most teams, especially good ones, do NOT choke with anywhere near this level of consistency. Something's bad, bad wrong in McDermott's leadership for this to keep happening. And he has not owned up to any of it recently. He never places blame on himself or his leadership, and it's infuriating. 

This is just my personal opinion, but I believe you can see it all over his face when the game is close late. He gets that pained look in his eyes and just seems lost and overwhelmed. You can really feel him trying not to lose instead of knowing how to confidently go for the win. It's pathetic. I tried to make excuses for him for so long thinking his culture was important, but at this point, the emperor has no clothes. The players, especially the veterans, have to see this crap and know, too. There won't be any winning culture much longer when they come into camp next year knowing that many of them are elite at what they do in the NFL, while the highest ranking person on the team is scared, inept, and at the bottom of the barrel in the coaching ranks. Who could be motivated to keep playing for that year after year?

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

A ton of them do, and to a degree, you can't blame them.

Most of the HC hires we have made going back over 50 years have been dog crap.

Bills fans assume that is the way it must be, because that is the way it always was.

They need to realize there is another way.

To be fair though, most of those hires were made under the ownership of Ralph Wilson. He was notoriously cheap with coaching hires. He only opened up the wallet a couple times and not coincidentally had some success then with Knox and Marv. He was even too cheap to pay Saban.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.