Most BILLSY thing we are about to do to end the season

Drew21PA

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bills will win out. Make the play offs. Get through the Wildcard. Shock someone in the Divisional. Pick up a surprise victory in the Championship. Go into the Super Bowl as surprise favourites. And then have a final play which will go down in the annals alongside 13 seconds, 12 players, Wide Right, Music City Miracle etc.

I mean that'd suck and really hurt, but if they pulled all that off after all this ***** that still would have overall saved this crappy ass season.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

It wouldn't be the most Billsy, but the "best guess" within-game Billsy thing would be to seemingly kick the Chiefs @ss most of the game and then give it away late in Q4 or OT.  Let's just hope the Philly OT loss has the same effect as the Tampa (OT?) loss!

I don't think it will because of 2 factors (maybe just 1). The Bills were down big against TB and came back. That momentum continued. The Bills were up by 10 against Philly and let them back in.  They've been known to bounce back after bad losses, this team doesn't have the vibe to sustain it. 

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Was this thread inspired by our favorite Nick Wright by any chance?

he specifically stated on Monday that even though he gives the bills 0% chance to make the playoffs, “the most billsy thing would be if they beat the chiefs and cowboys, then lose to chargers”.  

Chiefs fans actually like that guy.  If the Bills had a "national" guy who talked like he does, I'd just be embarrassed.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

It's very possible to win out and miss the playoffs. That’s probably what will happen

I'll take it up a notch.  Number 12.  

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after one-or-more clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at

1. Step 1 of two-club format. If three clubs remain tied after a fourth club is eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 2 of three-club format.)

Apply division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory in all games.

6. Strength of schedule in all games.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

9. Best net points in conference games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'll take it up a notch.  Number 12.  

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after one-or-more clubs are eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at

1. Step 1 of two-club format. If three clubs remain tied after a fourth club is eliminated during any step, tiebreaker restarts at Step 2 of three-club format.)

Apply division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory in all games.

6. Strength of schedule in all games.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.

9. Best net points in conference games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

It wouldn't even come down to a coin toss. Have you played around with the ESPN Playoff Machine? It's harder to find scenarios where they make it based on upcoming matchups. I know anything can happen, but we are going to need some help, we won't get or deserve.

Edited by uticaclub

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I’m done with whole “Billsy” stuff.  Such a cringe term

It's not a cringe term.........it's just being used incorrectly.

"Billsy" arose from the drought and is about organizational disfunction.......their almost uniquely bad ownership and the decisions and subsequent results of those actions or inaction.........things far more damning than being a pretty good team and losing some important games in painful ways.   

By the definition that some fans are trying to mold it to the Andy Reid Chiefs astonishingly blowing a 28 point lead in the playoffs to Indy in 2014 or a 21-3 halftime lead in the AFCCG to Cinci a couple years ago was "Billsy".    I mean, they didn't reach a SB for almost 50 years.    They blew home field advantage in the playoffs many times.    That's just football and that aspect can change with the players/coaches on the field changing.    See the Boston Red Sox and Chicago Cubs as examples.

The Bills haven't been "Billsy" in quite some time.

Same thing happened with the term "Battered Bills Fan Syndrome(BBFS)"...........I also concocted that for our resident idiots who made illogical excuses for the Billsy behavior of the Bills organization..........like a battered spouse so often does for the spouse that beats them.   But instead they turned it around to justify their own sad-sack ways "I'm a battered Bills fan,  I have BBFS 😭".

I get that once something is said and repeated it gradually becomes whatever the masses want it to be but the re-interpretations of those terms really don't make sense to me and frankly they are just a bunch of people using them as a way to wallow in self-pity.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

It wouldn't even come down to a coin toss. Have you played around with the ESPN Playoff Machine? It's harder to find scenarios where they make it based on upcoming matchups. I know anything can happen, but we are going to need some help, we won't get or deserve.

How long have you been a Bills fan?

8 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

I guess it’s just time to have fun with this crap

id say something like this

beat KC and/or dallas

(GREAT WE NEEDED THAT!!!  Here we come !!!!

then drop a stupid one to Pats at home or Chargers

another would be to lose two heart breakers a in a row - well would be three

to KC and then to Dallas losing all three games by final drives down the field (seems to be the 2023 theme)

Most Billsy is losing to the Dolphins in a win-and-in game.

Probably losing in a dumb way too.

9 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

beat KC and/or dallas

to KC and then to Dallas losing all three games by final drives down the field (seems to be the 2023 theme)

Most Billsy thing?

Easy.

Sneak into the playoffs and be up 24-0 in the wild card game late in the third to lose 27-24 in OT.

McClap returns another year.

8 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

The Bills will win out. Make the play offs. Get through the Wildcard. Shock someone in the Divisional. Pick up a surprise victory in the Championship. Go into the Super Bowl as surprise favourites. And then have a final play which will go down in the annals alongside 13 seconds, 12 players, Wide Right, Music City Miracle etc.

The Bills are always the losing team in the greatest games, so this would fit. 

39 minutes ago, without a drought said:

They might have to lose to Bailey Zappe or Malik Cunningham

The thing is, the Patriots would be morons to not roll out Mac Jones in our game just to grasp. I mean he was vintage Steve Grogan against the Bills.  

10 hours ago, transient said:

Win out and still miss the playoffs…

this would be the ultimate wouldn't it? Needing to be gripping over everyone elses games aka needing help to get into the playoffs.

and then comes the SPLAT back to reality. Time to dust off the ole golf clubs eh?

SMH

This sort of billsy is definitely  more heartbreaking then funny. Some of the billsy chit we have seen at least has some element of humor.

For me, this bolded would be the sad . But a lot of us are used to the glass half full so there Would be optimism of some sort along with the suckitude if we win out

10 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

We’ll go into the last game of the season needing to beat the Dolphins to get in. Dolphins will have the AFC East wrapped up and rest their starters and will get payback for the 2020 finale and knock us outta the playoffs 🥺

This sounds more like a 2004 repeat. I could see this happening though.

Most Billsy thing.  Score 34 or more points in each of the remaing five games Dominate time of possesion in each game.  Lose two of the to fourth quarter defensive collapses. Fire Joe Brady, retain Sean McDermott. That would be the new definitiion of Billsy 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

beat KC and/or dallas

Beating KC but losing on the road in LA is almost guaranteed IMO.

• Sad 1

Ok I’ve got it. Apologies if it’s been said before.

Bills win out , and look like the best team in the entire NFL in the process (considering who they had to beat) but do NOT make the playoffs at 11-6 due to tie breakers. 

for the record, I don’t think this will happen, at all, but man would it be Billsy.

Everyone always says that like we’re going to beat these good teams but lose to a bad one…when was the last time we beat a good team?  The Billsy thing in reality is blast the bad teams and then come up with some insane way to blow a thrilling game to the teams that are a step up in competition. Play them right and find away to choke it away with horrible coaching.

25 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's already pretty Billsy that the AFC is down and rip for the gaming yet we've also been part of the down. 
once we're back healthy strong and winning, so will KC, Cincy and whoever else is going to come up. 

And all very “KC” that they have dodged the misfortune other top AFC teams had to deal with this season (minus ravens, but they had Lamar injury last year instead)  and despite a mediocre offense this season, they conveniently field a top 5 defense that makes up for it, along with a conveniently easy schedule and of course, no injuries!  Nothing they can’t do without anyway. 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Everyone always says that like we’re going to beat these good teams but lose to a bad one…when was the last time we beat a good team?  The Billsy thing in reality is blast the bad teams and then come up with some insane way to blow a thrilling game to the teams that are a step up in competition. Play them right and find away to choke it away with horrible coaching.

But there is only 1 bad team left on our schedule, so there is no way for your scenario to play out (as far as most Billsy way that our season ends).

In this scenario if we still can’t beat good teams, then we are going to lose our next 2 games regardless, sitting at 6-8, with no hope in the first place.

Although  I guess there’s a Billsy scenario here where we lose to Chiefs and Cowboys, but win against Chargers and Pats, sitting at 8-8 and some how, some way, we end up with a path into the playoffs at 9-8 with a win against Miami, and Miami ends up having nothing to play for so they rest starters, and we still lose… aka the Bledsoe vs Steelers game all over again.  Or willie Parker game. Whatever you want to call it.

Yeah… maybe there is a Billsy way your scenario can play out after all. Hmm 

We beat Miami with solid offensive and defensive play. It is our most complete game of the season. Bass hits 3 long field goals. Allen does not have an interception. The running game is consistently humming. Lots of sacks, a few turnovers created, and one of Von Miller, Spencer Brown, Harty, Sherfield, or Poyer receives a game ball.

An announcement on the radio and ESPN says the Bills have extended McDermott and their Primary offseason target is resigning Gabe Davis.

4 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

But there is only 1 bad team left on our schedule, so there is no way for your scenario to play out (as far as most Billsy way that our season ends).

In this scenario if we still can’t beat good teams, then we are going to lose our next 2 games regardless, sitting at 6-8, with no hope in the first place.

Although  I guess there’s a Billsy scenario here where we lose to Chiefs and Cowboys, but win against Chargers and Pats, sitting at 8-8 and some how, some way, we end up with a path into the playoffs at 9-8 with a win against Miami, and Miami ends up having nothing to play for so they rest starters, and we still lose… aka the Bledsoe vs Steelers game all over again.  Or willie Parker game. Whatever you want to call it.

Yeah… maybe there is a Billsy way your scenario can play out after all. Hmm 

I think we are going to get our ass kicked by the chiefs. The season ended with the broncos game. Theres no scenario that I’m creating here. I’m playing out as the season is over and truthfully, been.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we are going to get our ass kicked by the chiefs. The season ended with the broncos game. Theres no scenario that I’m creating here. I’m playing out as the season is over and truthfully, been.

I do too. I actually had a good feeling going into the Eagles game, and turns out we should have won.  You can get to Hurts; he just has great system and talent around him.  Mahomes is not the same.  Last year, Von Miller was the reason we were able to succeed defensively.  This year, Von is a JAG (maybe being too generous).

The teams that gave KC problems this season had something in common…. Top tier defenses. 

So yeah, I am with you.  And I’m not watching the damn game lol. Just going to check score afterwards and hope for the best. 

Everything around the Bills is going to be unbearably depressing at that point though. 

28 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I do too. I actually had a good feeling going into the Eagles game, and turns out we should have won.  You can get to Hurts; he just has great system and talent around him.  Mahomes is not the same.  Last year, Von Miller was the reason we were able to succeed defensively.  This year, Von is a JAG (maybe being too generous).

The teams that gave KC problems this season had something in common…. Top tier defenses. 

So yeah, I am with you.  And I’m not watching the damn game lol. Just going to check score afterwards and hope for the best. 

Everything around the Bills is going to be unbearably depressing at that point though. 

Oh I’ll watch the game. If I could leave, I’d have been long gone a while ago. I’ll watch every snap of it pre season included. I’m a helpless idiot when it comes to this team. All they have ever done is hurt me but I just can’t stop showing up. Just got to hope 1 day it pays off but I’ll believe it when I see it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.