Which WR prospect will the Bengals screw us out of?

DrDawkinstein

10 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think we go OT, OG, and WR in no particular order. We lose a ton of pass rushers this year. I wouldn’t be shocked at DE sneaking ahead of OL somewhere depending on how the draft falls in front of them. 

Think that’s a good shout. Bravo

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t understand the thinking here. I’m much rather they take Marvin Harrison Jr. than try and fix their quarterback woes.

Fair, but MHJ is the top pure talent. I'm not so afraid of what will likely be the 3rd best QB and whoever new coach they have.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair, but MHJ is the top pure talent. I'm not so afraid of what will likely be the 3rd best QB and whoever new coach they have.

good point; I can see the Pats* going Marvin Harrison Jr in Round 1, and then the best QB prospect remaining with their 2nd pick.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

McDermott: "More WR?  More cow bell?  Hell, no, more edge rushers!"

Just took a look at a random Top 75 draft prospects.  18 of the first 25 are offensive players.  You know 1 of those other 7 on defense is going to be the bills pick.  Obviously the QBs are ruled out of those top 18 picks but most were either T or WR.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

Could start a new thread for this. But potential needs next year:

Big needs are starters at WR, FS, DT, CB. Plus essentially more starters at DT and DE due to our rotating DL. 

QB: Back up Qb

RB: RB2 and RB3

WR: Multiple needed. Only Diggs and Shakir return if we cut Harty. 

TE: TE3

OL: Depth; Starters return

DT: Multiple; Only Oliver signed

DE: Multiple; Rousseau and Miller

LB: Depth; Starters returning

CB: Depth or starters; White back? Jackson resigned?

S: FS and Depth

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

10 picks - likely expect bargain shopping in FA.  I probably wouldn't go 1st round playmaker with my very highly paid QB tbh - he needs to make the rest better because he costs like 25% of the cap.  Not saying ignore it entirely, but the defense needs people to rush the passer, and it needs to get younger in the back end.  

Offense:

QB - Allen, ????

RB - Cook, ????, ????

WR - Diggs, ????, Shakir, ????, Shorter

TE - Knox, Kincaid, Morris

T - Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark, Doyle

G - McGovern, Torrence, Anderson

C - Bates, ???? (I assume Morse is let go for cap reasons)

Defense:

DE - Von, Groot, ????, Jonathan

3T - Oliver, ????

1T - ????, ????

LB - Milano, Bernard, Williams, Spector

CB - Douglas, Benford, Elam, ???? (expecting to move on from White)

NB - Johnson, ???? (expecting to move on from neal)

S - Poyer, ????, Hamlin, ????

I agree you have Diggs and Kincaid and need to add to that.  A wr is possible in the first.   Lots of other holes you have to consider too.  Poyer is another cut possibility.  

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Bills need to draft a WR.

The Bengals are about to lose Tee Higgins, and once again find themselves without Burrow and likely with another Top 10 pick.

As of today, the Bills are at #17 and the Bengals #12. I expect the Bills to end up around #15 and Bengals around #10.

Neither team will have a chance at Marvin Harrison Jr. He'll be a top 5 pick, hopefully not to New England. I imagine Odunze will be off the board before either of us pick as well. Although Odunze is close to a Higgins clone and Bengals might end up pretty high if they likely lose out.

Looking at Draftek's list (just to get a list), who do we like?

0C4k0xm.png

I could see Cincy going back to the LSU well and grabbing Nabers, which would leave Coleman or Egbuka depending on who drafts between us.

Or do we go CB then get one of the 2nd round WRs? Anyone there to get excited about?

We need to start playing Isabella...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Bills need to draft a WR.

The Bengals are about to lose Tee Higgins, and once again find themselves without Burrow and likely with another Top 10 pick.

As of today, the Bills are at #17 and the Bengals #12. I expect the Bills to end up around #15 and Bengals around #10.

Neither team will have a chance at Marvin Harrison Jr. He'll be a top 5 pick, hopefully not to New England. I imagine Odunze will be off the board before either of us pick as well. Although Odunze is close to a Higgins clone and Bengals might end up pretty high if they likely lose out.

Looking at Draftek's list (just to get a list), who do we like?

0C4k0xm.png

I could see Cincy going back to the LSU well and grabbing Nabers, which would leave Coleman or Egbuka depending on who drafts between us.

Or do we go CB then get one of the 2nd round WRs? Anyone there to get excited about?

Keon Coleman feels like the one that will go right before the Bills.

44 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I don’t understand the thinking here. I’m much rather they take Marvin Harrison Jr. than try and fix their quarterback woes.

He’s just one of those “generational” guys. MHJ is a top 10 WR in the world right now. He gets off the bus next year and will have 1,200 yards and 10 TDs. 

The logic would be, if you miss Maye and Caleb, take the best player in the draft. Then you’d trade into the back end of the 1st for someone like McCarthy or Penix or Daniels. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be shocked if we take an OL before the 5th round. There's no need. Unless we cut Morse already and are looking for his replacement.

my dream is already busted. was hoping we could draft a top center to play at guard for a year or two before morse leaves us. we are lucky mcgovern came in and did well and torrence has been exceptional for a rookie. i don't like playing rookies from the start unless they are linderbaum or humphrey-ish players. which are few and far between find.

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I want Odunze badly but knowing our luck he'll be gone. Coleman is my 2nd choice. Our first pick must be wr.

mjh, Odunze and coleman  for me in that order. and in reality it is more like:

1 MJH

2 odunze

3 colemman 

4. neighbors

5. edbukuakbkgjuka

the rest

• Agree 1

I absolutely love Rome. Straight baller and seems like a great dude. I also love both of the FSU guys but favor Coleman because I do worry about separation issues with Wilson. 

I just hope this team realizes how big of a need this is and doesn’t hesitate to trade up. While there are no sure fire picks, a receiver playing with Allen seems like a pretty safe bet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Do it again.  And again.  They should load up on fast guys who can actually catch footballs.  

There have to be some fast safeties who can catch footballs in next year's draft.  Of course, they won't play because McD doesn't really trust rookies, but he'd have them ready for 2026 or so.   

• Eyeroll 1

The Bills have lots of draft needs and I have no idea how the board will fall.  If they do decide to go WR in the first round, I would love Coleman.  I'm not a Michigan State or Florida State fan, but every time I've seen Coleman play (he started at MSU and transferred to FSU) he's been dominant and clutch.  He's a beast.  He'd look great in at Bills uniform.  If the Bills wait until the mid rounds, I like Roman Wilson of Michigan.  He's got decent size, great speed, has shown great hands this season (the replay catch on Saturday notwithstanding) and he comes through in the clutch.  I have a Michigan bias, but it's the team I watch week in and week out, so I get to see their guys play a lot.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Roman-Wilson-WR-Michigan

for those who haven't seen this highlight, check out this catch:  

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Didn’t they just draft a 1st round OT and sign a high price one?

They did sign Orlando Brown in Free Agency last year, but their only draft pick on the OL was Jackson Carman in second in 2021. They keep trying to overpay guys that other teams are fine moving on from and drafting defense. The majority of their picks since drafting Chase with their first in 2021 have been DEs and DBs.

19 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The Ohio St. dude Egbuke? didn't show me much in a tough game with Michigan Sat. As a matter of fact, he had a bad case of alligator arms and looked like he lacked courage. Just sayin'

That is just one game, and for what it's worth I absolutely HATED Tee Higgins at Clemson because he was so soft and injury prone and would never make a tough catch or tough play... and look at how that worked out.

I've already stated this in another thread, but give me Xavier Leggette from South Carolina. He's the next AJ Brown. He is 6'3", 227lbs, and will probably run in the high 4.3's come February. He's been productive with Spencer Rattler as his QB and basically NO ONE else on his team out there making plays. He also has ability as a kick/punt returner if we need him to do so. He has 71 catches for 1,255 yds and 7 TD's. The next closest guy on his team is a TE who has 37 catches for 312 yards. The next closest WR has 26 catches for 265 yds. He is his team's only legit weapon at WR. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've already stated this in another thread, but give me Xavier Leggette from South Carolina. He's the next AJ Brown. He is 6'3", 227lbs, and will probably run in the high 4.3's come February. He's been productive with Spencer Rattler as his QB and basically NO ONE else on his team out there making plays. He also has ability as a kick/punt returner if we need him to do so. He has 71 catches for 1,255 yds and 7 TD's. The next closest guy on his team is a TE who has 37 catches for 312 yards. The next closest WR has 26 catches for 265 yds. He is his team's only legit weapon at WR. 

Awesome! This was exactly the type of response I was hoping for.

Interesting because we might be able to get him in the 2nd, so the same body type and draft position of guys like AJ Brown and DK Metcalf! If only his first name were two initials!

I wonder if this is a case where Beane could trade DOWN in the 1st, and nab him in the 20s while picking up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Awesome! This was exactly the type of response I was hoping for.

Interesting because we might be able to get him in the 2nd, so the same body type and draft position of guys like AJ Brown and DK Metcalf! If only his first name were two initials!

Bro has got legs like tree trunks, but runs like a gazelle. He also brings to mind another WR from South Carolina, but Leggette is bigger. That's Deebo Samuel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd be shocked to see us go WR higher than the 3rd (requiring a trade up). They'll likely consider themselves in a decent spot with Diggs and Kincaid. They have bigger holes to fill on Defense. I could see them going S-S or S/CB and then get to WR in the 4th round. They'll also need a DT and of course no Bills draft would be complete without another RB. Might be a good time to take a project QB too.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'd be shocked to see us go WR higher than the 3rd (requiring a trade up). They'll likely consider themselves in a decent spot with Diggs and Kincaid. They have bigger holes to fill on Defense. I could see them going S-S or S/CB and then get to WR in the 4th round. They'll also need a DT and of course no Bills draft would be complete without another RB. Might be a good time to take a project QB too.

Honestly, I've never seen WR2 as big a need as most of this board. Especially with the emergence of Kincaid and Shakir. And Defense will obviously be where all the holes and needs are.

But with Diggs aging out and likely wrapping up his career in a couple years, it would be nice to have his replacement already on the team.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That is just one game, and for what it's worth I absolutely HATED Tee Higgins at Clemson because he was so soft and injury prone and would never make a tough catch or tough play... and look at how that worked out.

He is always hurt in Cincinnati and tends to drop of lot of balls. Just not against the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.