Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I keep saying that we are all in an abusive relationship with our football team. Every week they give us black eyes and fat lips but we come back every time

I'll always root for the Bills, but I've given up hope they will ever win the Super Bowl, at least in my lifetime. A lot of Lucy yanking the ball away from Charlie Brown in the Bills' history, and the more emotionally invested you get with the team the more they eventually disappoint you. One Conference Championship appearance since the last Super Bowl appearance (that's 30 years folks). Simply shocking that the University of Arizona football team has had a much more successful season this year than the Bills. Nostradamus couldn't have predicted that.

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I still can’t fathom how Elliot made a 60yard FG in the driving rain with the game on the line. It’s so unfathomable. 

Nantz uttering the words "wide right" on Bass' miss was a bit of a gut punch as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think this could be the most disappointing season ever.  We had everything it takes to be a champion but choke away 4 games that should all be wins.  At the end of the half I was thinking, "for all his shortcomings McD has this defense humming and is a really good DC."  At the end of the game that thought was crushed, along with any hope I had left for this season. What a damn shame.  It's part mourning, part grief, part anger, part disgust, all mounting up in my stomach.   No wonder I can't sleep. We F'ked away another great year of Josh's career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

I've gotten over every loss this year by the end of the night.  I can't even bring myself to goto bed right now.  This loss was just as big and bad as the 13 second loss to me.  I don't think I am getting over this one.  We took it to the best team in the league and should have walked out of there with a win.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I’m losing it over seeing jabronis say the offense needs to do more after this loss. An absolutely brain dead take.

Brady has gotten the offense humming. Allen looked like a superstar again out there. He was by far the best player on the field, and McDermott and the defense failed yet again. 

This has to be so draining on Diggs, Allen and Cook. Cook was once again the scapegoat getting punished to the extreme for dropping a ball in the rain. 

Meanwhile Von Miller is taking snaps away from players who can actually do their job. So frustrating. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I've gotten over every loss this year by the end of the night.  I can't even bring myself to goto bed right now.  This loss was just as big and bad as the 13 second loss to me.  I don't think I am getting over this one.  We took it to the best team in the league and should have walked out of there with a win.  

Amen.

Seems strange to say, especially since I'm old enough to have lived through all of the most horrendous losses in team history, but today's game feels like a breaking point for me.  13 seconds felt like two heavyweights where someone had to come out on the losing end.  Today was a must win game in which we largely dominated and somehow still managed to lose.  It just magnifies how much potential has been wasted this season and for much of our HOF quarterback's career.  

On the whole it's all become too much accumulated trauma, and I don't know if I'm capable of hanging in as a fan for another round of this garbage.  And I say that as a fan who has always preached perspective.   But it's just no fun anymore.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, <bills4life> said:

Totally predictable outcome. Seasons over. McDermott should be fired. That is all. 

It’s not over until I say it’s over!

As opposed to that 5 game stretch of blown games, they showed today that they could go toe to toe with one of the elite teams in the league on the road.

I will kindly eat crow if I’m wrong, but I still predict, as I did last week, that they will come out of the bye and win their last 5 games.  Miami will lose to Baltimore and Dallas and when the Bills beat the Dolphins in the last game, they will again win the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Amen.

Seems strange to say, especially since I'm old enough to have lived through all of the most horrendous losses in team history, but today's game feels like a breaking point for me.  13 seconds felt like two heavyweights where someone had to come out on the losing end.  Today was a must win game in which we largely dominated and somehow still managed to lose.  It just magnifies how much potential has been wasted this season and for much of our HOF quarterback's career.  

On the whole it's all become too much accumulated trauma, and I don't know if I'm capable of hanging in as a fan for another round of this garbage.  And I say that as a fan who has always preached perspective.   But it's just no fun anymore.

If you look back at my posts, I reached this point last year after the Minn game.

Now I watch and wonder how the Bills will find a way to lose. The stress and anger is mostly gone. All is left is disappointmemt (but atleast I know it's coming now). It's to the point now, I don't care if I even watch the game. I live out of state, if it's on local cool. I'm not going out of my way to try and find a way to watch or pay $ for Sunday ticket, etc, etc

3 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

It’s not over until I say it’s over!

As opposed to that 5 game stretch of blown games, they showed today that they could go toe to toe with one of the elite teams in the league on the road.

I will kindly eat crow if I’m wrong, but I still predict, as I did last week, that they will come out of the bye and win their last 5 games.  Miami will lose to Baltimore and Dallas and when the Bills beat the Dolphins in the last game, they will again win the AFC East.

And then they will find a new and even worse way to blow a football game in the playoffs. Maybe they can even ride it all the way to the SB to top Atlanta's 28-3 meltdown 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

If you look back at my posts, I reached this point last year after the Minn game.

Now I watch and wonder how the Bills will find a way to lose. The stress and anger is mostly gone. All is left is disappointmemt (but atleast I know it's coming now). It's to the point now, I don't care if I even watch the game. I live out of state, if it's on local cool. I'm not going out of my way to try and find a way to watch or pay $ for Sunday ticket, etc, etc

And then they will find a new and even worse way to blow a football game in the playoffs. Maybe they can even ride it all the way to the SB to top Atlanta's 28-3 meltdown 

Talking playoffs right now is going to give me Dick Juaron nightmares tonight

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

It's really hard to win in this league.  :D

I know that was a pun on Jauron but this just got me thinking about the truth of McD's tenure...

It's really hard to lose the games that McD was in good position to win yet he does it every damn time.

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I’m losing it over seeing jabronis say the offense needs to do more after this loss. An absolutely brain dead take.

Brady has gotten the offense humming. Allen looked like a superstar again out there. He was by far the best player on the field, and McDermott and the defense failed yet again. 

This has to be so draining on Diggs, Allen and Cook. Cook was once again the scapegoat getting punished to the extreme for dropping a ball in the rain. 

Meanwhile Von Miller is taking snaps away from players who can actually do their job. So frustrating. 

I agree the defense didn’t help last night.  But the offense is culpable for sure.

Some NFL games it comes down to which offense is better that game.  Sometimes it’s a defensive struggle, and sometimes it’s an offensive shootout.  We score a few more points, obviously, and this game is ours.  Davis catches the ball and all game over.  Oh, and Bass leaving 6 on the carpet didn’t help either.

I was unable to watch that game as I was on a flight....

It's it fair to say that the O looked good for a second game in a row? Looking at the stats and seeing that we went toe to toe with a tough D, gives me some confidence that Brady has the O trending in the right direction. Am I right or are the stats telling an incorrect story? 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I was unable to watch that game as I was on a flight....

It's it fair to say that the O looked good for a second game in a row? Looking at the stats and seeing that we went toe to toe with a tough D, gives me some confidence that Brady has the O trending in the right direction. Am I right or are the stats telling an incorrect story? 

Yes, the O looked good.  They made some mistakes but what O doesn't?  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Admit it. You knew McD’s defense would give up an easy score to send it to overtime right? When the Bills didn’t score a td in OT, how many people actually thought McD’s defense wouldn’t fold like a cheap tent? It’s what he’s known for. His brain turns to mush with the game on the line. He burned 2 timeouts at the end of regulation and then downs the ball with 20 seconds left because he is scared. The Bills defense would’ve folded with 20seconds left like they did against KC but McD won’t even try to score in that situation. Nope, let’s just get to overtime and continue to play soft defense, sitting back on our heels, while the other team easily marches down the field again. When the going gets tough and the game is on the line, McD stops attacking and goes into a shell. Pitiful waste of Josh Allan.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A few quick observations:

1) 10 penalties in the first half. 10 freaking penalties? That is an average of one every 3 minutes of playing time. This begs the question.....when will  McDermott be held accountable for this? Who should we blame? Beane? The refs? Mr. Pegula will have to get sick of his act for a change to be made because McDermott obviously has more power than Beane.

2) Did you see Gabe Davis toss his helmet after what appeared to be a miscommunication between him and Josh on a pass? How many players tosed their helmets after his numerous drops this and last season?  Imagine how good Josh would be with even an adequate #2 receiver, let alone a good one!!!

3) Diggs is great. He really is and not only that, he could be seen trying to calm down the pouting Diggs and encouraging other teammates. Isn't he supposed to be the "diva?"

4) The offensive line played well, giving Josh time to throw some freaking great passes, to include a deep out pattern in the pouring rain. VERY few qbs could have made that throw. I made it a point to watch Spencer Brown and imo he played rather well. Dawkins also played a fine game imo.

In summary, I think that McDermott is the main problem with this team. Between the poor drafts and the last minute losses in important games, I think that it is time for a change, unless he by some miracle turns this team completely around. It might happen too but sadly, it does seem unlikely.

As always, jmo.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, folz said:

People already going off on the coaching staff. Unbelievable.

This game was totally on the Bills players and the refs.

If Cook doesn't drop a gimme TD, Gabe and Josh are on the same page in OT, and Tyler hits his FGs, the Bills win by 16 points.

And don't even get me started on the refs.

I am on the “get rid of McD because he can’t get over the hump” train, but this post is 100% spot on.

The hard reality is that the Bills just don’t have the talent/skills to win these close games. And of course injuries contribute to this, as well as unbelievably one-sided officiating. Not sure how the league office can look at this game and say that it was officiated fairly.

The bottom line is that until they get some better players (WHO CAN EXECUTE REGULARLY), Josh Allen’s Hero ball is not enough to take them to a championship.

37 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

McDermott fired yet?

I'm not on that train yet because he adds so much quality to this organization.  The major (non-emotional response) issue I see is he has to figure out the close games.  He at worst has us in every game till the last drive.  It's the offense can't make one more throw or the defense can't make one more stop that is the downfall of the 6-6 team.  BTW we would have been ecstatic to be .500 this late in the season before McDermott so he definitely has raised the bar.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I'm not on that train yet because he adds so much quality to this organization.  The major (non-emotional response) issue I see is he has to figure out the close games.  He at worst has us in every game till the last drive.  It's the offense can't make one more throw or the defense can't make one more stop that is the downfall of the 6-6 team.  BTW we would have been ecstatic to be .500 this late in the season before McDermott so he definitely has raised the bar.

He's been a head coach for 7 years if he hasn't figured it out now he never will.

Fire him today.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I can't tell if the posts sticking up for the defense/McDermott saying the offense needs to be better and make more plays are trolling or it's actually what people believe

It's been 6 years of the same conservative, play not to lose, allowing late fourth quarter comeback after late fourth quarter comeback

Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Russell Wilson and I should be including tyrod Taylor all had game winning and game tying drives against this defense (arguably the two worst starting QBs in the league, a walking meme and a back up that is average at best(

if the eagles realized they could throw the ball down field and actually used swift outside in the first half they would have put up 60 points on this defense

27 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Let’s go terry could be the new let’s go Brandon but for McDermott 

This is actually a great idea for a stadium chant.

25 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Please stop with crap like this. I'm glad fewer and fewer are spouting this nonsense, but it needs to be zero so Pegula sees a united fanbase demanding a change.

McDermott has Allen. That is why we are .500 this late in the season and why previous Bills teams weren't.

McDermott shouldn't be compared to previous Bills coaches. He should only be compared to his league-wide peers who have elite QBs.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Couldn’t sleep well last night. That loss is going to be hard to get over. 

Agree, but I was also fasting all day yesterday and today while doing colonoscopy prep. Imagine that combo with this legendary L.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is actually a great idea for a stadium chant.

Please stop with crap like this. I'm glad fewer and fewer are spouting this nonsense, but it needs to be zero so Pegula sees a united fanbase demanding a change.

McDermott has Allen. That is why we are .500 this late in the season and why previous Bills teams weren't.

McDermott shouldn't be compared to previous Bills coaches. He should only be compared to his league-wide peers who have elite QBs.

Agree, but I was also fasting all day yesterday and today while doing colonoscopy prep. Imagine that combo with this legendary L.

Smash The Crown GIF by Stick To Your Guns

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Absolutely priceless post! 😆👍

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Couldn’t sleep well last night. That loss is going to be hard to get over. 

Crazy thing is, we have 5 games left and very well could win them all if they keep playing like that. Its unlikely, but this feels very similar to 2021 when we were 7-6. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

the guy lost to MAC JONES, are you serious ? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.