Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

• Simon pinned this topic

Win or lose, we still had to win out.

Wasn’t going to happen.

Valiant effort.  Defense played pretty well.  Play calling was decent on offense.

Season over.  Need to make some smart decisions this offseason player wise and especially cap wise.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 5

Well I believe we witnessed a great episode of "How to Manipulate an NFL game" 

It is just a masterful piece of art.  The timing of the calls and non-calls. 

Add in a desire to lose in the most unreal way possible weekly. 

You get the Buffalo Bills my friends.  I am sorry you had to watch that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Probably the first time since 13 seconds that I've actually been upset at a loss.

Not really sure what you can say about the Bills constantly being in a position like this at the end of a massive game and somehow always allowing the other team to pull off what should be a nearly impossible feat. It's so tired and it shouldn't keep happening but somehow, it does.

I also believe this was the most poorly officiating game I have ever seen. Astoundingly bad.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Lot of disappointment to go around.    The Polly Anna’s who will say how hard the team played and the fact they went toe to toe with the best team blah blah blah….

Go pound sand.    They dug this hole and have flushed a season down the drain.  

Edited by JohnnyBuffalo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We couldn't beat the Eagles and the Refs today.  End of story, and season almost certainly over.  But, overall the Bills looked more like what we expected today.  We should not have been in a position where we needed wins over the top teams in the NFL.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 15

1 minute ago, Fallser said:

McDermotts refusal to stop playing squishy defense when the game is in the line has cost us numerous games. How can this still be happening after 13 seconds?

he has no clue what to do. when he did an all out blitz against the broncos, it failed.

mcdermott is completely lost

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I can’t think of what other hobby I would continue doing that literally does nothing but make me stressed and upset. 

I took up hammering nails while blindfolded and it’s less hurtful than this sh*t.

Edited by Best Williams Available
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is my last weekend watching NFL football till at least the playoffs. The officiating is dominating games, and definitely not just us, and I watch to see players make plays not to watch officials call ticky tack stuff while missing obvious things that have to be called. 

• Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just numb man.  Feel bad for Josh, once again put on his Superman cape and they let him down.  

No matter how optimistic ya try to be there is just always that sinking feeling the team is gonna somehow choke it away at some point.   McDermott can go.  How many times in his tenure has the defense blown a game late? The most unclutch defensive team it’s laughable at this point.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Probably the first time since 13 seconds that I've actually been upset at a loss.

Not really what you can say about the Bills constantly being in a position like this at the end of a massive game and somehow always allowing the other team to pull off what should be a nearly impossible feat. It's so tired and it shouldn't keep happening but somehow, it does.

I am so tired of getting texts from non Bills fans who just can't believe what happens during bills games. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Really gutted about this one. I thought we played so well in lots of ways and deserved the win. 

But they are a good side and we weren't going to crush them for four quarters. D worked so hard, seemed to be tired towards the end. Mentally as well as physically. 

If, as is now likely, we don't make the playoffs. This wasn't he game that was to blame. 

This was a prime example of the 'others guys getting paid too'. 

So many weeks wasted with Dorsey. 

Bah.

Edited by Bill Grundy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

The two minute defense finally did everything right at the end of the 4th, and we still caught a bad break with a 60 yd fg in the rain that is missed 99 times out of 100.  It just isn't meant to be this year.

I appreciate the effort over the last two weeks, and I am encourage that Allen is turning it around, but we still need to move on from McDermott next year so that we can get out of this losing the big game culture and get to the next level.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

This is my last weekend watching NFL football till at least the playoffs. The officiating is dominating games, and definitely not just us, and I watch to see players make plays not to watch officials call ticky tack stuff while missing obvious things that have to be called. 

Yeah, this officiating crew was hard to watch.  It's time to just call the penalties from upstairs.  And they missed yet another blatant hold or PI on Slay when he held Diggs' jersey on the possession in OT.  Do they not ever call penalties on Slay or something?

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.