Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm kind of like, sure, I'd still like to make the playoffs.

But what are the chances that we can avoid having a small lead we have to protect near the end of the game?  Because if we do, I have almost zero faith we can hold it.  It's like we'll have to win every game by 2 scores.

They could easily do exactly that except coach mcvanity wants his defense to be the reason they win and scoring in 90 seconds and putting the defense back out is just too much physical exertion for his golden boys and kills their stats

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

One other thing. it looked like there was a breeze from right to left on your TV screen all game. Eagles defer, that's fine. Seemed like Bills were against the wind in the second quarter, whatever. They got the ball, Eagles pick which end to defend. Similar for overtime, Bills took the ball, Eagles chose to drive right-to-left with the wind.

In the second half though... how in the world are the Bills not driving from right-to-left in the fourth quarter given the choice of which end to defend, which they HAD to have had in the second half post-deferral? What I saw from the rain in that stadium was definitely slanting right-to-left.

Why did the Eagles have the wind in the second quarter, fourth quarter, AND overtime????

Because the Eagles are smart.  The 2nd and 4th Qtrs are always the most important because teams use timeouts and there’s additional plays happening and last second FG attempts.  Sometimes Buffalo blows the wind advantage even at home when they can have it at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

I said this just this week,  and doesn't it come back up to haunt this team to it's early playoff grave this year. 

McD does not know how to get teams off the field when the game is on the line.  That is the biggest weakness of his D play calling and once again has cost us wins against Denver, NE and now Philly.

McD is not the answer and never will be. He is now responsible for 3 game ending losses to other teams when leading in the 4th Qtr. and now a overtime game.

I can't wait until McD is shown the door.  His press conference tonight and tomorrow should be subtitled in some sort of foreign language, because I do not want to hear his pathetic deflecting and denial,  and him not taking any responsibility for this loss.

2023 Buffalo Bills Season

giphy.gif

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Because the Eagles are smart.  The 2nd and 4th Qtrs are always the most important because teams use timeouts and there’s additional plays happening and last second FG attempts.  Sometimes Buffalo blows the wind advantage even at home when they can have it at the end.

is a 60-yarder possible in those conditions without having the wind? Would that kick even have been an option in the other direction? Let alone the Hail Murray Jr touchdown?

McDermott had had 5 years of his process to get better every day, and he still makes these moron mistakes. Can he not find a 13-year-old Madden champion to run gameday strategy for him, since he's so overmatched using that rasslin brain of his?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Blame whoever you want. My point remains: the offense turned it over on a short field essentially gifting them points 

Can’t win if you don’t win the turnover battle. Oh wsit we did…  McD D can’t make a ***** stop when the game is on the line. That’s are problem, that’s our biggest problem…. You can’t expect to play perfect football every week. To win close games you need to be able to score at the end or make a stop. We have lost 3 times this season going ahead under 2 minutes.  We also got a break by officiating against the Giants.  This D is bad when the game is on the line. Really ***** bad. We either win big or lose. That’s a huge coaching problem

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFooteball said:

Always losing the “game of the year” sickening loss. Terrible officiating aside this team continues to find unbelievable ways to lose games. 

McDermott won’t quit it until every team in the NFL has an “instant classic” win against the Bills. It’s incredible how consistent he is at losing in big moments.

0-6 in OT, by luck alone we should have won at least 1.

We are consistently defying statistics and losing games that nobody has ever been dumb enough to lose before.

It’s incredible if you aren’t a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Goodnight all. After more than 50 years of Bills fandom, I think the Bills have finally broken me. Its ridiculous to be as upset as I am about a stupid game.  

It sucks but there's still something to play for here. We will see how it plays out. Gut wrenching though I agree. Bright side is that was vintage Josh. We still have that.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

“He had a crucial INT though in the 4th!”

First thing my Steelers-fan friend said "that's 8 games in a row he throws a pick, he lost that game"

We almost came to blows, seriously. He knows jack and ***** about football, that was all about the Eagles coaches recognizing a Bills formation/pattern tendency and running a robber with their boundary corner jumping a slot route. If Allen had saw that instead of throwing the rhythm pass as coached, that's probably a walk-in score since the outside man was completely unmarked. Trying to explain that fact simply escalated the situation and it degenerated from there. We grunted at each other leaving the watch party... and this after me getting him a nice bottle of scotch for a significant milestone birthday.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.