11/26/23 Week #12 GAMEDAY Bills at Eagles Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Apparently the weather is expected to be poor. Cold, winds 5-10 MPH, and rain that is expected to get heavier as the game goes on. Not gonna lie that dampens my optimism a bit in this one.

Honestly it's the opposite for me. The Eagles have a quick strike offense with Brown and Smith. Hurts isn't a noodle arm but he doesn't have a cannon like Josh

This is probably a jinx but I want as much variance as possible 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, boater said:

Oh, that's not good. We'd have to rely on Cook/Murray against the league's number 1 rushing defense.

National Weather Service "Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible." That's a nothing burger weather wise. Let's hope they're right.

Just checked again right now....chance of rain between 80-90% for the duration of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

F_4gp8TXYAAGN3g?format=jpg&name=large

I didn't realize McDermott was a part of the Peaky Blinders.

ac06bca4-c7eb-4bc2-88a1-6d9504a5d371_tex

22 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Lane’s groin might really leave the Iggles hanging. 

Says Dr Sack

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Life has been busy this week and I just now had a chance to look at the line on this game. I did not expect it to be only Iggles -3. Thought it would be closer to 6. Anyway LFG. Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Did that change any since the Lane Johnson news?

They were -3.5 at 7am when I bet $250 for us to get a win 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm really worried this is going to become a game of big boy football and that is just an awful game script for us against the Eagles.

Disastrous for the Bills. Our best shot was lighting up that bad pass defense. Can't complain because we've had perfect weather basically all year, but yea terrible timing for our first bad weather game . 

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm really worried this is going to become a game of big boy football and that is just an awful game script for us against the Eagles.

This would be a good day for Josh to take a little bit off some of his throws. 

He can do it when he wants to, even on deep passes... like those two rainbows to Gabe and Diggs in the Chiefs game last year.

9 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

He can do it when he wants to, even on deep passes... like those two rainbows to Gabe and Diggs in the Chiefs game last year.

NO!  Josh needs to play like Josh and the receivers need to man up!

All week I was trying to get a feel for this game and really couldn't.  But, as the game approaches, and hearing about the weather, the more I feel like this game favors the home team.  If this becomes a game predicated on running the ball, I don't like our chances at all.  Having Johnson not be able to go today will certainly help, but our best chance to win today was attacking the intermediate part of the field in the pass game.  If the weather hinders those opportunities, it is going to make it tough on us.

As much as I am sure they don't want to do it, this might have to be a game where they dial up 8-10 designed Allen runs.  We will need the defense looking in different places to try and open some room up for our backs.  We really need this one, but man.....it is going to be a tough one to get.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

***** the rain Bills by a billion.

Pretty sure little Aiaden whispered "Man Uncle Stef Gotta get up outta here"

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Agreed.

Bills only hope is to let Philly think we are going to run and pass out of run groupings/sets. Let Josh put it up 45 times in short controlled passing game. That's our best shot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

👀

So two weeks in a row that Brady is going to utilize people we have instead of being confused on how to use them like Dorsey had been for over a year and a half?

Harty was sure handed on punts though.  I dunno if I like the switch in that spot.  It could cost.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

Beating a 9-1 team on the road would certainly make up for some of our more embarrassing losses this year. 

One would think but it won't. Beating a NFC opponent helps but not nearly as much as it hurt to lose to Pats and Broncos. If Bills miss the playoffs it will be those two games that will be looked at. McDs defense folding in both games and the offense playing like crap. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.