Dalton Kincaid: Beane's best pick since Allen?

Success

He gets separation, has great hands, and very good YAC.  Mismatch for opposing D's, and when Knox comes back will be even more of a threat.

I see a guy w/ potential to be like Kelce.  Not AS good, since Kelce is the GOAT or close to it - but the same kind of 24x7 outlet for Allen.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Kincaid has every opportunity to be a Greg Olsen or Jimmy Graham level TE. I wouldn't go sizing the gold jacket yet.

See I think he's got better speed than them guys. But I don't think he power to run guys over like a Shockey used to.

• Agree 1

Just now, Whkfc said:

See I think he's got better speed than them guys. But I don't think he power to run guys over like a Shockey used to.

There is no chance he has better speed than either Olsen or Graham who were 4.5 guys. I never once though of him as a Shockey or Bavaro comparable. He's a mainly receiving tight end which is fine, but you need to be Kellen Winslow to go to the Hall doing that.

8 minutes ago, Success said:

He gets separation, has great hands, and very good YAC.  Mismatch for opposing D's, and when Knox comes back will be even more of a threat.

I see a guy w/ potential to be like Kelce.  Not AS good, since Kelce is the GOAT or close to it - but the same kind of 24x7 outlet for Allen.

Thoughts?

Well why can't Kincaid be as good or even eventually be better than Kelce?  Might be the two flip flop future years as 1 and 2 TEs in the league.  Both have an elite qb to feed them the ball and both do require their teams to be playing well to get their chances.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, AuntieEm said:

Well why can't Kincaid be as good or even eventually be better than Kelce?  Might be the two flip flop future years as 1 and 2 TEs in the league.  Both have an elite qb to feed them the ball and both do require their teams to be playing well to get their chances.  

Just not the same elite physical tools. Kincaid could be a Keith McKellar who knows how to get open and who can catch the ball. If Knox turns into Metzelaars well now you got yourself a K-Gun.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Not saying he can't but to this point Allen hasn't shown a willingness to throw it short enough for Kincaid to put up Kelce numbers.  Again I'm not saying he can't do it but that he hasn't shown that he wants to ........... yet.

16 minutes ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

The kid already is very good and is only going to get better. He also seems to have a great attitude.

In the end, I think we will feel very fortunate that we were able to get him where we did.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Kelce is literally in the conversation for one of the best TEs of all time

Kincaid is awesome but lets give him some time to grow

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

i think we all think this in our hearts, but we are tempering expectations. 

20 minutes ago, Process said:

Top 5 TE for the next 10 years. 

I really don't like these superman dives he does every game though, lol. Let's phase those out. 

I see him get down as he's being tackled often in a safe way like he's taken martial arts  kinda like he's learned best how to fall given his size.  As for stretching out and sort of diving, If that's what u mean by superman dives, well maybe he does enough in practice and games where his torso is beefed up enough to weather that, much like some people who walk alot barefoot will usually have tougher soles of feet and they withstand more rough surfaces than if they didn't build up the toughness.

Edited by AuntieEm

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

How many yards did James cook have tonight?

Cook is great and a solid pick, problem will be when it comes time to sign him again, I see us keeping Kincaid here for his career. RBs don't typically have that kind of career lifecycle. Maybe Cook finds a way to be different if he becomes even more a part of the passing game.

20 minutes ago, GrimboG said:

Kelce is literally in the conversation for one of the best TEs of all time

Kincaid is awesome but lets give him some time to grow

I give him all the time he has in the NFL.  I'm. Only saying I don't rule him out as ending up as possibly better than Kelce.  He has the talent to go as far as he wants to go and it's up to him where he ends up.  Kelce might not be Kelce if he had a different QB his career to this point.  I don't believe Gronkowski who's likely getting HoF consideration when he becomes eligible would have that if the Bills drafted him, even if he still played as a top TE he wouldn't have the post season success if he had been a Bill.

27 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Just not the same elite physical tools. Kincaid could be a Keith McKellar who knows how to get open and who can catch the ball. If Knox turns into Metzelaars well now you got yourself a K-Gun.

What? Keith McKeller is Kincaids comparison? 

id say his comparison is more Zach Ertz or Dallas Goedert I’d you want to go that route but holy cow Metz and McKellar can’t hold a candle to this guys future 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

Hey you never know.  Before Kelce there was someone else called the greatest.  There will always be a new greatest over time.

52 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

yes. or maybe oliver. but it's those 3

Can't be!  We were all ready to run Oliver out of town in the off season and ripping Beane for giving him a huge overpaid new  contract.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

Thoughts?

I think Torrance will be an all pro at some point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

What? Keith McKeller is Kincaids comparison? 

id say his comparison is more Zach Ertz or Dallas Goedert I’d you want to go that route but holy cow Metz and McKellar can’t hold a candle to this guys future 

I mean he's no Scott Chandler but he'll have to do :D

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.