Joe Burrow out for the season

HappyDays

Luck has a lot to do with winning Super Bowls. 

Poor guys.  Feel bad for the fan base. I’d be crushed if I were them.  This should’ve been their year imo.  Contractually and cap wise I don’t think they’ll ever be in as good a situation again. 

Shows how good the chiefs coaching staff and Mahomes are.  Clearly not the same offense but just continue to win in different ways.  Mahomes is running more than ever iirc.  Also shows how lucky KC is.  Zero debilitating injuries yet again.  

Edited by NewEra

39 minutes ago, billsrul120 said:

Cowboys are much better at home.  I don't see Dallas as that good of a team coming to Buffalo in December.

Home pts for avg: 40

Away pts for avg: 21.8

Home pts allowed: 12.5

Away pts allowed avg: 23 (and this is including giving 0 up to the Giants.  If you remove that game they are giving up 28.75 on average on the road)

Good stats!  But the Bills D couldn’t contain the Broncos at home last week, how will they contain Lamb and the Dallas O? Also the Bills O only scored 22 against a bad Broncos D or at least not one with the scary  d line like Dallas has.  I could see the Bills maybe running on them but the Bills never seem stick w the run. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yup. So they can now let Higgins walk, replace him in a deeeeeeep WR draft to pair someone with Chase AND get a 3rd round comp pick the following year for losing Higgins. 

Everybody seems to think the Bengals will be picking ahead of the Bills. Will they? Hardly a certianty. Espicially if the Bills lose Sunday.  

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Bills are not in great shape, but they at least have a chance to make the playoffs, and then who knows what happens next? 

There is a high probably that 10 wins will snag a playoff spot: 

- Jets and Patriots are likely "must wins" to have a chance

- Then they'll need three out of @Eagles (yuk), @Chiefs (yuk), Cowboys (decent shot), @Chargers (decent shot) and @Dolphins (oh, boy)

If we can get this Off a little bit more production

This defense is  lights out

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Luck has a lot to do with winning Super Bowls. 

Poor guys.  Feel bad for the fan base. I’d be crushed if I were them.  This should’ve been their year imo.  Contractually and cap wise I don’t think they’ll ever be in as good a situation again. 

Shows how good the chiefs coaching staff and Mahomes are.  Clearly not the same offense but just continue to win in different ways.  Mahomes is running more than ever iirc.  Also shows how lucky KC is.  Zero debilitating injuries yet again.  

There's still time.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can I ask why you say the Cowboys are a decent shot? They have a very good O and a scary scary D. I give the Bills a boxers chance, but wouldn’t be shocked if Dallas win either.. at be at a 50/50. I like the Bills chance against the Dolphins more. Just my opinion of course. 

The Cowboys don't seem to be nearly as formidable on the road as they are at home.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Actually... between Watson and Burrow being out for the year, our door back into the playoffs is pretty open now.

Before I didn't think there was a chance a 9-8 team would be a Wildcard.  Very possible now.

... and also, when is the national media going to start criticizing Joe Burrow for being made of glass?  Best ability is availability, right?  Dude's been hurt somehow every season, yet it's Allen we need to worry about in terms of longevity?

LOL

This team is losing at least 9 games...more likely 10.

Put the crack pipe down 

• Eyeroll 2

22 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

A real shame.

I was hoping the Bills would get another crack at burrow and the bengals to prove we could beat them.

Don't worry, I'm sure by some quirk of the NFL schedule we'll get to play them in Cincinnati every year for the next 6 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

LOL

This team is losing at least 9 games...more likely 10.

Put the crack pipe down 

I wish more people were hittin the pipe because the negativity around here can be tiresome.

If the offense gets fixed we'll be back to being a good team again.  Not saying that's going to happen but I think our season so far has shown that to be true.

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No way in any multiverse should we have lost to these 3.  I can tolerate Jax & Cincy, but these 3.  Serious...we should be 8-2.

This is what's going to truly haunt this team if by some miracle they do make some semblance of a run and fall short by a single game or lose out on tiebreakers when the dust settles the final week of the season..

Even if you want to make the assumption that Denver is hitting their stride with back to back wins against the Chiefs and Bills, they had the game won if not for an inexcusable 12 man on the field penalty. But there's zero excuse to not be any worse than 7-3 right now period.

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

How does a Super Bowl contender have a rook as primary back up?

He's not a rook. He was on the Vikings practice squad for 2 years before going to Cincinnati in 2021. The strange thing is that the Bengals had Trevor Simeon in camp and released him to save a few bucks on cut-down day while Burrow was nursing that calf injury. How are they not talking to Nick Foles right now? They have the mini-bye.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.