DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

7 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Wow, but good.  Not likely that it'll help this year - tough to put in a whole new system - but dude HAD to go. :beer: 

You can't put in a new system. But maybe you can create a coherent game plan, and stop Josh's head from spinning, and get him back to doing the things he does well.

Or not.

Step 2. McD needs to step down as DC and focus on being head coach.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If you don’t think he was the problem you aren’t watching games, sorry. 

An O coordinator is soo much more than play calling. It's getting the best out of your players, organization,  confidence in your system. So much more, it was clear to me since GB game last season that Dorsey was simply in waaay over his head. It had to happen 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

Wasn’t Joe Brady very pass heavy with Sam Darnold as his QB and CMC as his RB? And didn’t the Panthers offense get better when he was fired and Ben McAdoo took over? 

Someone please correct me if I’m mistaken here. 

It improved but they also swapped to Baker Mayfield 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, boyst said:

wow

edit: the shock wore off. this means mcdermott felt pressure and now has even more upon him. if the rest of the season looks the same then we know it's not just the OC. this is McD playing for his job.

mcdermott also not holding himself accountable for benching cook. that was a betraying dorsey and setting him up to fail last night.

I agree with the first statement.  I have no beef with benching Cook.  He’s not a fumbler, but his fumble was reflective of the lack of attention to detail with which we’ve played recently and which literally cost us the game last night based upon our inability to properly count to 12.  My beef with the benching situation is that Gabe Davis wasn’t hanging out with him on the chalk after yet another backbreaking drop. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Wasn’t Joe Brady very pass heavy with Sam Darnold as his QB and CMC as his RB? And didn’t the Panthers offense get better when he was fired and Ben McAdoo took over? 

Someone please correct me if I’m mistaken here. 

I'm not going to fact check (hoping someone else does)...but if this is true...this is super Billsy lol

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

I am no Dorsey fan and wanted him gone, but Dorsey is not the one who caused 12 men to be on the field for a field goal after two timeouts were called.  Looks like we are stuck with McDermott for the year.   If we are anything short of a superbowl, he needs to go in the offseason.

Dorsey also doesn't call plays that make his star QB not tuck the ball in his RBs hands or that same RB lose the ball on the opening play etc.

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I am no Dorsey fan and wanted him gone, but Dorsey is not the one who caused 12 men to be on the field for a field goal after two timeouts were called.  Looks like we are stuck with McDermott for the year.   If we are anything short of a superbowl, he needs to go in the offseason.

That's true, but with a competent OC in the booth last night, it would have never come down to the field goal at the end anyway.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Well Joe Brady has a 7 game audition for the OC job next year, he should call a fun offense at least trying to secure the long term job.

I don't care if it is Joe Brady, Tom Brady, Kyle Brady or Marcia Brady.  As long as they can let Josh Allen run the ball, snap under center and play to his strengths, they will be an upgrade over Dorsey.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, drummernut74 said:

McD in full on C.Y.A mode now

agree with this except the last word bruv.

he fired the first OC, he fired the ST guy after 13 seconds, and he "fired" frasier.  dabo walked for hc gig.

it's only mcd now.

14 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Should have canned McClappy too, obviously. Dorsey is the scapegoat. He didn’t drop balls or throw INTs or fumble the ball. X4

No, but the offense has clearly been off all season. Dorsey was a huge problem. We will soon see if he was the main problem 

McDermott will get to the end of the season. But if things don't improve (I doubt they will) then he most likely is gone. I just hope Terry keeps Beane around. We need a football man in the organization who will lead the search for the next HC. Terry shouldn't be the one doing that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I agree with the first statement.  I have no beef with benching Cook.  He’s not a fumbler, but his fumble was reflective of the lack of attention to detail with which we’ve played recently and which literally cost us the game last night based upon our inability to properly count to 12.  My beef with the benching situation is that Gabe Davis wasn’t hanging out with him on the chalk after yet another backbreaking drop. 

i put the fumble on the position coach.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

No, he'll fire Brady then. Anything to absolve himself of responsibility.

If there's another firing it'll probably be Beane, McD was here before Beane and I think he holds the power here.

Wasn't Beane hired on the recommendation of McDermott ?

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.