Should Dorsey come down to the sidelines?

Buffalo Barbarian

DORSEY location  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Booth or sideline

Im not a fan of Dorsey or his system but hes not going anywhere during the season. Matt Canada of the Steelers was made to come to the sidelines and their offense is doing better since he did. Our Offense should be spectacular but its misfiring like crazy, maybe if Dorsey comes down, the offense comes up by a score a game , which theoretically would make us undefeated.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe he can actually communicate with Josh? Might prevent more tv shots of Joe Brady holding out an ipad and chattering away while Josh stares forwards into space.

So we'll see shots of Dorsey chucking iPads & screaming while Josh stares into space. Like Bill O'Brien & Mac Jones:

(All kidding aside, I get your point. How could it get worse, unless we see McD strangling Dorsey on the sideline)

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe Dorsey was never the right guy to begin with.  

Maybe McD won't hire the right guy because that guy would be a candidate to replace him. 

Simply because "Josh likes him," doesn't mean he's competent.  

That's the problem with this whole "culture" thing.  It's like a fraternity, but a fraternity in and of itself is not a good business model.  Competence is still needed.  Fraternities, aka "culture" in this case, translates to little more than blind loyalty.  

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t think the booth IR the sidelines will determine anything, but moreso how he calls the offense, and I’m not impressed.  I can’t believe I’m writing this, but an Allen led offense is boring.  Dorsey has a lot to do with it.

Joe Marino made a good point as well as Orlovsky last week in the option routes like the one Allen was nabbed for intentional grounding makes them play slower.  Also, too much two by two on each side makes the Bills look predictable.

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

FWIW, the did ask him about this possibility last week. His reply indicated he was very against the idea. 

If McD can shake his Peterman-like insistence that Dorsey's doing a good job when he's not, then Dorsey will be back on the field as a QB coach somewhere else next season and won't have a choice.  

That's if McD even survives if he can't put up something better than a drought era losing record alongside a playoffs swing-and-a-miss with Allen at QB.  ... after candidly stating that he doesn't know how to coach his offense up.  

Let's see if we can even win tonight.  This should be a 14 point plus win.  

If not, ... LOL ...

Edited by PBF81
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

(All kidding aside, I get your point. How could it get worse, unless we see McD strangling Dorsey on the sideline)

It might be the most interesting part of many Dorsey called games.  Unless you consider Dorsey getting pelted by more snowballs than the opposing bench. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I didn't see a third option for couch.

Out of the two, I would say sideline.   Calling from the booth certainly isn't working, if they insists on sticking with him, at least see if he is more effective on the sidelines first.

what would be different? He will be calling the same plays

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t think the booth IR the sidelines will determine anything, but moreso how he calls the offense, and I’m not impressed.  I can’t believe I’m writing this, but an Allen led offense is boring.  Dorsey has a lot to do with it.

Joe Marino made a good point as well as Orlovsky last week in the option routes like the one Allen was nabbed for intentional grounding makes them play slower.  Also, too much two by two on each side makes the Bills look predictable.

My thinking is the offense is highly predictable because of those option routes.  There’s very little scheming guys open. Instead Dorsey relies on players making correct reads and adjusting routes on the fly.  There’s a few problems if that is ..all.. the offense relies. 1. Defenses know what the offense is queuing in on, as well.  So it’s really easy to bait them into certain routes and formations, and then jump the route and get interceptions.  This, I suspect, is one of the reasons Josh has as many Ints as he does especially in the red zone. 

2. Also, with so few formations and routes, the Bills Offense is just too easy for defenses.  Hence, the better teams pretty much know exactly what is coming. 

I would suggest our defense has gotten similarly stale.   The good teams and QBs know exactly who is blitzing and how to attack the man combinations.   In short, McD and company have to mix things up… one way or another.  

Edited by Dan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Maybe he can actually communicate with Josh? Might prevent more tv shots of Joe Brady holding out an ipad and chattering away while Josh stares forwards into space.

Not just Josh but the other skill players as well. From the booth, Dorsey is seeing the forest; he needs to get on the sideline and listen to the trees.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I used to be an OC for a high school team (went to two state finals)... best place for an OC is in the box so they can see the field. You can better see gap alignments, coverages, etc. 

Normally that is my take. But I feel at the moment Josh needs stronger influences on the field. It might be worth a go?

• Like (+1) 1

I replied sidelines, but it likely won’t make much difference, KD needs to change his MO and do it soon, 

GO BILLS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.