Could Josh McDaniels get our Offense in Gear?

jethro_tull

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Β 

dude owes 90% of his earnings to Brady. Plus his team ends up hating him. Other than that, love the idea.Β 
Β 

we need to stop recycling the same garbage coaches. There is some young guy out there who is the next great coach. Let’s stop settling for guys who used to wipe Belichick’s butt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

"

In theΒ 2007 season, with McDaniels at the helm of the offense, the Patriots set NFL records, scoring 75 touchdowns (67 on offense, 50 passing and 17 rushing) and 589 points, leading to rumors that McDaniels might leave the Patriots for a head coaching job.[10]Β McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration, however, during the Patriots' January 2008 playoff run. Shortly after the Patriots' loss inΒ Super Bowl XLII, Patriots head coachΒ Bill BelichickΒ gave McDaniels a five-page typed report on what it takes to be an effective head coach and run a winning organization, which McDaniels termed "hisΒ bible." Throughout the 2008 season, the two would meet to discuss the report and allow McDaniels to ask non-coaching questions that he brought to later head coaching interviews.[11]

StartingΒ quarterbackΒ Tom BradyΒ suffered a season-ending injury in Week 1 of theΒ 2008 season. McDaniels directed theΒ Matt Cassel-led Patriots' offense as the team finished the season with an 11–5 record."

5 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Love him or hate him, I believe he could and the Bills should persue him.Β Β 

Β 

Are you talking about bringing him in as HC or OC. I don't see McDermott getting fired this year as I think Terry will give him the 2024 season. Dorsey I could see being the fall guy when the season ends assuming the Bills don't turn it around.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Hard pass. Pretty sure when he took over as Rams OC after being fired by the broncos, that offense stunk.Β 
Β 

I wouldn’t touch mcdaniels with a 10 foot pole

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Β 

dude owes 90% of his earnings to Brady. Plus his team ends up hating him. Other than that, love the idea.Β 
Β 

we need to stop recycling the same garbage coaches. There is some young guy out there who is the next great coach. Let’s stop settling for guys who used to wipe Belichick’s butt.

Β 

And for the love of all that's good in football, absolutely no one that's coached in Carolina.Β Β 

Β 

Then again, there probably aren't that many options from Carolina left.  😎

Β 

Β 

34 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Β 

It's he worth the risk?

Β 

Doubtful

Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

no thanks.Β Β 

Β 

Although if we don't can McD and get Ben Johnson, not sure who we get as OC.Β  Anyone have suggestions?Β Β 

Β 

Β 

The Bills looked at Tee Martin last time. He's the QB coach in Baltimore. If the whole staff gets canned in NY, you might look at Mike Kafka. He is from Andy Reid's coaching tree. I don't think that McDermott could bring back Daboll so that's off of the table (hey that rhymes).Β 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Β 

Are you talking about bringing him in as HC or OC. I don't see McDermott getting fired this year as I think Terry will give him the 2024 season. Dorsey I could see being the fall guy when the season ends assuming the Bills don't turn it around.

OC only. Β Head coach, Β no way in hail.Β 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Β 

Turn what around we don't have a problem I see no problem.....I can quit anytime....

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Sure, I'll take McDaniels if he brings c.2007 Tom Brady with him.

Β 

Otherwise, like all the pompous idiots who coached for Bill Belichick, he can't figure out that Tom Brady = The Patriot Way and nothing else.

The "Patriot Way" = Joyless football. Guys are only willing to play joyless football if they are competing for a Lombardi.Β 

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’ll check back when you learn how to spell pursue.

It was a mis-spelling of Perdue. Not sure what you are thinking

Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

The thought did cross my mind but he wont be able to get along with McDermott. There is way too much personality clash there for this union to work.Β 

Β 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

5 hours ago, jethro_tull said:

How? By getting rid of Josh Allen, Dalton Kincaid, & Stefon Diggs?

5 hours ago, dorquemada said:

As an OC?Β  We could do worse, like we currently are

McDaniels is worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.