Bengals/Bills coin flip: You Decide

boyst

If the Bills win the coin flip...  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Should they:

• Receive to start the game?
    • Difer (receive in 2nd)?

I’m not sure what actual impact it has but the crowd noise to start the game is probably a factor. I would think putting your offense/their defense out to start the game gives them some advantage. Of course if you can drive right down the field, regardless, that would be great. 

not sure it matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why is everyone worried about this?

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Pretty sure the Bills usually defer and I've read that the Bengals like to receive. If so, given the choice I wouldn't receive just to keep the Bengals from getting what they want - go out and make a stop on the first possession

The Bengals have been deferring more this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s very important (for both teams) not to get behind early…I predict that whichever team wins the toss will elect to receive the opening kickoff.  I really hope the Bills do this.

7 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Always Defer.

Always.

Says who?

2 hours ago, Capco said:

What about which side of the field to take?  If wind is going to be a factor, it might be better to have it at our backs at key times.  

There is only one game in the last 5 years I remember a team taking thekr choice of the field 

• Like (+1) 1

There's always been a slight advantage to deferring as teams that do win 51 to 52% of the time depending on what longitudinal study you look at.  It's why you see most teams defer to get the double dip opportunity which can swing momentum.  I think of the Bills/Colts WC game a few years back as the perfect example.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.