Washington interested in trading for Belichick in the off season.

PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm the belief up here is Kraft MADE HIM select Jones since he was there at 15 that year..  No proof but all the talking heads up here believe that’s probably the case. (Just an FYI)

That said this story says the new owner of the Washington wants BB. As someone else said BB would have to approve it, but Inwoukd traded him for a 2nd and a 3rd in a heartbeat and start over with Mayo. 

Would bb play nice with a gm? I feel like he’d rather retire than have someone bossing him

around.  Unless Washington wants to give him both roles 

I was actually hoping he would go to the Chargers that way he has his "QB" and then when he still fails as head coach, all the belichick d*ck riders can finally admit, his success was because of Brady. Of course they would probably still be in denial and just make the excuse that "the game has passed him by" by that point

why would Bill agree to be traded?

I get why NE would prefer that. They get to control where he goes, do the whole "we don't want you but we also don't want you to succeed somewhere that might hurt us" dance. 

If any coach has earned the right to either stay or decide his next landing spot it's Belichick. 

That said, maybe he wants to go to Washington for some reason and the Patriots are happy to help make that happen, so they sign him to a massive contract to ensure he is taken care of if it doesn't go well there. I assume the contract comes with him if there is a trade. 

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I only put this on here because I know some here wanted BB for the Bills if possible. It sounds like he will be available for a trade. Per bleacher report they are going to offer one of their 2nds and 3rds for him. I would jump at that offer if I was Kraft. (If it’s true of course)

It's not. The source is florio

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

why would Bill agree to be traded?

I get why NE would prefer that. They get to control where he goes, do the whole "we don't want you but we also don't want you to succeed somewhere that might hurt us" dance. 

If any coach has earned the right to either stay or decide his next landing spot it's Belichick. 

That said, maybe he wants to go to Washington for some reason and the Patriots are happy to help make that happen, so they sign him to a massive contract to ensure he is taken care of if it doesn't go well there. I assume the contract comes with him if there is a trade. 

Yes the contract goes with him, and there is precedent for trading a coach. The Pats traded technically to get him from the Jets and Denver paid the Saints for Sean P. Contract. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I only put this on here because I know some here wanted BB for the Bills if possible. It sounds like he will be available for a trade. Per bleacher report they are going to offer one of their 2nds and 3rds for him. I would jump at that offer if I was Kraft. (If it’s true of course)

First off what Bills fan would want BB as their HC I for one have never seen or read a true Bills fan that would want him here . Second i don't think that BB will ever be a HC for another team the Pats will be his last stop given his history with the organization i feel he will call his own shot to when he calls it a career .

Sure there may be teams that would offer picks for him but he has final say .

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

When you go from the GOAT to Mac Jones what do you expect Bill to do. That is too much of a decline at the most important position in football. I know it won't happen but if Bill were coaching the Bills, he would instantly become the GOAT HC again. I wonder why that would be. Cough, cough 17,17,17 cough, cough.

He is the GM. It is his own fault that his team sucks and he has Mac Jones at QB. He hand selected Jones.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How hard can it be to win in the NFCE? Hint….When the Eagles line up in that scrum they’re going to push Jalen Hurts for a first down. 😉

Almost like a 'tell' in poker.  When you see Bills at third and one in the shotgun, Dorsey's running the RB. 🙄😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, T master said:

First off what Bills fan would want BB as their HC I for one have never seen or read a true Bills fan that would want him here . Second i don't think that BB will ever be a HC for another team the Pats will be his last stop given his history with the organization i feel he will call his own shot to when he calls it a career .

Sure there may be teams that would offer picks for him but he has final say .

He definitely has final say. I think his dream team is the Giants. He absolutely loves that organization. Also see this thread I think one said he wins SB with 17 17.. lol. IMO he needs to retire his drive isn’t there anymore and who can blame him at 71! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Only if he replaces Beane as GM too. We need to draft more small school guards in the 1st round.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

What do you think you could get in return to trade me to Seattle or Cleveland?

Players only meeting revealed you might just be allowed to walk.  Sorry, kid.  Free agency in the team message board game is a bit dodgy. 
😁😉

Don't feel bad.  There's a rumour that I am being farmed out to a Hamilton Tigercats forum, and  being assigned to Assistant Manager Duke Williams' crew at the Rymal Road Canadian Tire. 😕

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I was actually hoping he would go to the Chargers that way he has his "QB" and then when he still fails as head coach, all the belichick d*ck riders can finally admit, his success was because of Brady. Of course they would probably still be in denial and just make the excuse that "the game has passed him by" by that point

Maybe the Beli-CHEAT d*ck riders could have a multi-round elimination with Br* dy d*ck riders.

Of course both sides would cheat using loaded weapons. which would not entirely be bad.

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Sixers were the real "process." The Sixers had three seasons between 2013 and 2016 with fewer than 20 wins in an 82-game season and it was entirely intentional. They had the rookie of the year in 2013-2014 in Michael Carter Williams and then they traded at the deadline the very next year because he was too good. Even the Browns didn't tank that good.

Bball is weird like that. Why would a team need to tank for so long with a roster that small? Even so trading ROTY is soooo weird lol aren't u spinning ur wheels at that point?

I was outta the basketball loop for a long time until 2020 when I moved to Charlotte and got my first NBA team, but I haven't seen anything like that since then lol that's insane

39 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Bball is weird like that. Why would a team need to tank for so long with a roster that small? Even so trading ROTY is soooo weird lol aren't u spinning ur wheels at that point?

I was outta the basketball loop for a long time until 2020 when I moved to Charlotte and got my first NBA team, but I haven't seen anything like that since then lol that's insane

It's because there are only 15-20 actual difference-makers on the entire planet and that number might be optimistic. And they identified that, despite winning RotY, Michael Carter Williams was not one of those 15-20 players. And in order to win a title, you need 2-3 of them on your team. The football equivalent would be needing 2-3 franchise QBs to win a title. Teams like your Hornets and my Pacers exist to give teams like the Bucks, Nuggets, Warriors, and Celtics someone to play all winter. And you've got LeMelo Ball and we've got Tyreese Haliburton. Both fantastic players, but you're team is not winning anything if those are your best players. 

• Like (+1) 1

As a Buffalo Bills fan I am interested in trading for Bill Belichick offering the New England Patriots Sean McDermott contract along with his coaching staff and a Bills first round draft pick for Bill Belichick contract and coaching staff it would be a major upgrade for the Bills. Bill Belichick with Josh Allen would be scary how many Super Bowls the Bills would potentially win multiple Super Bowls. How excited would I be if the Bills acquired the contract of Bill Belichick to coach the Bills? I would be willing to pay 4 or 5 time the Bills ticket prices for a Bill Belichick coached Bills team. The way Bill Belichick treats the media would also be a bonus Buffalo needs that badly in our bush league Buffalo sports media today. Let’s see the Buffalo and Rochester media handle Bill Belichick the media and their nonsense Bill Belichick would take care of that nonsense quickly. At least Buffalo would come off more as a big league city again in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Is Tom Brady going to Washington too? Belichick has been exposed. He's not as GREAT a coach without Brady. If I'm Washington, I'd pass and find me a young and upcoming prospect

Belichick literally was one of the mastermind behind match zone concepts and cover 3 rip Liz concepts which have taken over football

His contributions to the defensive side of the ball are unparalleled... He literally took the Patriots to the playoffs with noodle arm Mac Jones ...

That's a phenomenal achievement in the NFL , he isn't a bum.. he is the single biggest defensive innovator in modern football 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Belichick literally was one of the mastermind behind match zone concepts and cover 3 rip Liz concepts which have taken over football

His contributions to the defensive side of the ball are unparalleled... He literally took the Patriots to the playoffs with noodle arm Mac Jones ...

That's a phenomenal achievement in the NFL , he isn't a bum.. he is the single biggest defensive innovator in modern football 

Even though the Tuna gets the win in the history books, Belichick single handedly won Super Bowl 25 by coming out of nowhere with a 2-5-4 defense that stopped the K-Gun in it's tracks. The Bills didn't figure out that to beat it you had to run the ball until it was too late. In keeping with tradition, when the cards were all on the table, the Bills got out coached. Sean has done nothing to break the curse.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's because there are only 15-20 actual difference-makers on the entire planet and that number might be optimistic. And they identified that, despite winning RotY, Michael Carter Williams was not one of those 15-20 players. And in order to win a title, you need 2-3 of them on your team. The football equivalent would be needing 2-3 franchise QBs to win a title. Teams like your Hornets and my Pacers exist to give teams like the Bucks, Nuggets, Warriors, and Celtics someone to play all winter. And you've got LeMelo Ball and we've got Tyreese Haliburton. Both fantastic players, but you're team is not winning anything if those are your best players. 

Amen to that, especially the 2-3 part.  My son's and my team is, or was, the Blazers purely because of Damian Lillard.  And even though he WAS one of those difference makers, he was virtually alone for a decade.  So happy to see him in Milwaukee with Giannis (and that he didn't go to Miami).

12 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Sixers were the real "process." The Sixers had three seasons between 2013 and 2016 with fewer than 20 wins in an 82-game season and it was entirely intentional. They had the rookie of the year in 2013-2014 in Michael Carter Williams and then they traded at the deadline the very next year because he was too good. Even the Browns didn't tank that good.

I remember.

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

The Bills can beat that offer. McClappy and a 2nd for Bill. They get a good regular season coach, and we get a HC who will win a championship with Allen. 

If we did that, we'd be getting a coach who would have won a championship with Allen if he were younger. 

And giving up a coach who stands a very good chance of winning one as he moves forward.

We shouldn't consider it, nor will we.

If I'm Kraft, I send Belichick to Washington. Not if he were younger, but now? Yeah.

On 11/2/2023 at 8:29 AM, Gregg said:

When you go from the GOAT to Mac Jones what do you expect Bill to do. That is too much of a decline at the most important position in football. I know it won't happen but if Bill were coaching the Bills, he would instantly become the GOAT HC again. I wonder why that would be. Cough, cough 17,17,17 cough, cough.

That cough sounds serious 🧐 giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952tqcp3c2ioose3lxfzn

😊

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/2/2023 at 8:29 AM, Gregg said:

BB has done nothing to help MJ. He also needs to get out of the GM business.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He bites them in the knee cap (now actually picture this happening 😂😂)

As his dental work lies on the field, the kicker picks it up confusing it for a tee.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/2/2023 at 8:28 AM, H2o said:

There will be a trail of tears in the media again claiming Bienemy is getting the short end of the stick if this happens. 

Trail of tears was such a funny time in US history!!!! 

and it would be a BS move (and such a Washington move) for them not to give Bienemy a shot. He is putting up big offense output with dollar store Baker Mayfield. 

our offense would be a helluva a lot better with Bienemy.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Acquiring an old washed veteran is on brand for Washington. 

Remember Joe Gibbs 2.0, against the Bills, calling two consecutive time-outs and getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty? Gregg Williams was his DC and tried to get him to stop, but it was too late.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.