Washington interested in trading for Belichick in the off season.

PatsFanNH

I only put this on here because I know some here wanted BB for the Bills if possible. It sounds like he will be available for a trade. Per bleacher report they are going to offer one of their 2nds and 3rds for him. I would jump at that offer if I was Kraft. (If it’s true of course)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I only put this on here because I know some here wanted BB for the Bills if possible. It sounds like he will be available for a trade. Per bleacher report they are going to offer one of their 2nds and 3rds for him. I would jump at that offer if I was Kraft. (If it’s true of course)

Is Tom Brady going to Washington too? Belichick has been exposed. He's not as GREAT a coach without Brady. If I'm Washington, I'd pass and find me a young and upcoming prospect

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8

The Commanders need a coach and FO that has a sharp drafting acumen and work well together.  That isn't curmudgeon BB.  I think this season has demonstrated that it's time for him to retire.  

Josh Harris did the same thing with the 76ers - went out and got another celebrity coach who's past his prime in Doc Rivers, and it led to four consecutive playoff exits with *very* talented 76ers teams.  

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

The Commanders need a coach and FO that has a sharp drafting acumen and work well together.  That isn't curmudgeon BB.  I think this season has demonstrated that it's time for him to retire.  

Josh Harris did the same thing with the 76ers - went out and got another celebrity coach who's past his prime in Doc Rivers, and it led to four consecutive playoff exits with *very* talented 76ers teams.  

When you go from the GOAT to Mac Jones what do you expect Bill to do. That is too much of a decline at the most important position in football. I know it won't happen but if Bill were coaching the Bills, he would instantly become the GOAT HC again. I wonder why that would be. Cough, cough 17,17,17 cough, cough.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

When you go from the GOAT to Mac Jones what do you expect Bill to do. That is too much of a decline at the most important position in football. I know it won't happen but if Bill were coaching the Bills, he would instantly become the GOAT HC again. I wonder why that would be. Cough, cough 17,17,17 cough, cough.

Draft better? He's built an awful offensive unit around Mac.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean.  I could see Belichick just retiring if that happened.

The only way this would happen is extensive backroom dealing (with the Patriots' permission) to come to an agreement on the structure of the organization and Belichick's specific roles, influence, and contract.

Then they talk trading.

It's not like a player with limited earning window and the player is stuck at the whim of the teams' transactions.  Belichick is angry and has FU money and has earned the right to do what he wants.  He would laugh at a trade without his deep involvement and influence.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Draft better? He's built an awful offensive unit around Mac.

He isn't a good GM that is true. But I don't think he forgot how to coach. If he was coaching the Bills, then 13 seconds never happens. Probably win it all that year as well. I know he could get the Bills past the Chiefs and Bengals. I don't think McDermott ever will.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I would have absolutely ZERO desire to have a new coach come in at 71 years old. You are not “building” anything with a 71 year old HC, you are pulling a stunt. 

It would have nothing to do with "building" as its more getting over the hump which McDermott can't seem to do. That 71-year-old coached the Pats to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them with an elite level future HOF QB. The Bills also have an elite level future HOF QB. Give me the coach who knows how to win championships vs the coach who can't get over the hump. But this is all meaningless anyway because Bill isn't coming here, and I doubt McDermott gets fired anytime soon.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

It would have nothing to do with "building" as its more getting over the hump which McDermott can't seem to do. That 71-year-old coached the Pats to 9 Super Bowls and won 6 of them with an elite level future HOF QB. The Bills also have an elite level future HOF QB. Give me the coach who knows how to win championships vs the coach who can't get over the hump. But this is all meaningless anyway because Bill isn't coming here, and I doubt McDermott gets fired anytime soon.

Belichick never got over the hump without Brady. Andy Reid didn’t win a trophy….until he did. I want NOTHING to do with Belichick as a person or a coach. Belichick has shown he is a lousy GM and doesn’t always play well with others. Fortunately, you are correct that I don’t think we have to worry about it.   

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The GM picked that QB on basis of the recommendation of his buddy coach but not Tua.  

Beli-CHEAT lost more than the GO*T but he also lost his director of information, spying and dirty tricks.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I mean.  I could see Belichick just retiring if that happened.

The only way this would happen is extensive backroom dealing (with the Patriots' permission) to come to an agreement on the structure of the organization and Belichick's specific roles, influence, and contract.

Then they talk trading.

It's not like a player with limited earning window and the player is stuck at the whim of the teams' transactions.  Belichick is angry and has FU money and has earned the right to do what he wants.  He would laugh at a trade without his deep involvement and influence.

This is kind of obvious though.  I would think it's assumed that if a trade happened it would have BB's buy-in, and Harris would be writing him a market-setting extension check.

Washington trading both Chase and Sweat seemed like a strange move until word came down that it was on the owner's demand. Josh Harris has led two complete rebuilds in professional sports (Sixers and Devils) the likes of which are almost never seen in the NFL. I expect them to rip it down to the studs this spring and intentionally lose games for multiple years. The next step is to find their Sam Hinke.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’m sure the same geniuses who want BB in Buffalo are also the folks who are griping about needing an offensive head coach.. 😂 

Also McDermott’s record without Brady is a lot better than Bill B’s record without Brady. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Washington trading both Chase and Sweat seemed like a strange move until word came down that it was on the owner's demand. Josh Harris has led two complete rebuilds in professional sports (Sixers and Devils) the likes of which are almost never seen in the NFL. I expect them to rip it down to the studs this spring and intentionally lose games for multiple years. The next step is to find their Sam Hinke.

This will not be taken well by locals who hated $nyder for many things but especially winning.  Already see Washington Commander gear being sold in stores like Ollies which buy overstocks.

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Trust the process?  

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Trust the process?  

The Sixers were the real "process." The Sixers had three seasons between 2013 and 2016 with fewer than 20 wins in an 82-game season and it was entirely intentional. They had the rookie of the year in 2013-2014 in Michael Carter Williams and then they traded at the deadline the very next year because he was too good. Even the Browns didn't tank that good.

I think by when all is said and done, Rivera is out for sure this year. I'm guessing the next HC for Washington is already on their staff. I expect them to either promote Eric Bieniemy and give him his shot or Jack Del Rio, who I think should have never been fired from the Raiders. One of them will oversee the rebuild. 

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Marv Levy was not a stunt.  He was brought in to repair the damage Donahoe was doing with fandom and then he left after it was done.

If he was brought in to repair fan relationships and build goodwill, it’s a bit of a stunt. He wasn’t much of a GM. Just sayin’……

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If he was brought in to repair fan relationships and build goodwill, it’s a bit of a stunt. He wasn’t much of a GM. Just sayin’……

The Bills did not pretend he was making football decisions although he had input so it was not a stunt.

They could have called it something else with a different title.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The Bills did not pretend he was making football decisions although he had input so it was not a stunt.

They could have called it something else with a different title.

If he is not doing the job of the title assigned to him, it’s “something”, and “stunt” is about as good of a word as any. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The GM picked that QB on basis of the recommendation of his buddy coach but not Tua.  

Beli-CHEAT lost more than the GO*T but he also lost his director of information, spying and dirty tricks.

Umm the belief up here is Kraft MADE HIM select Jones since he was there at 15 that year..  No proof but all the talking heads up here believe that’s probably the case. (Just an FYI)

That said this story says the new owner of the Washington wants BB. As someone else said BB would have to approve it, but Inwoukd traded him for a 2nd and a 3rd in a heartbeat and start over with Mayo. 

53 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I guess I get it from that perspective, generally you try and keep key pieces though like edge rushers.

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

But at least he was OUR stunt. It’s not like we brought in Darth Vader as a figure head. 

The big name HC to draw the fans in as they start a rebuild. Fans may be more patient with a 6 time SB winning coach?  I don’t know, I just know BB and Kraft really don’t like eachother and well the trade help the team.. if they draft well. 

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The big name HC to draw the fans in as they start a rebuild. Fans may be more patient with a 6 time SB winning coach?  I don’t know, I just know BB and Kraft really don’t like eachother and well the trade help the team.. if they draft well. 

It wouldn’t make me patient. It would make me stop watching, as I was close to doing with Rex. I don’t care who it is, I don’t want to start building anything with a head coach in his 70’s. BUT, I am in full agreement…..I don’t like BB or Kraft either!  😋

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

It wouldn’t make me patient. It would make me stop watching, as I was close to doing with Rex. I don’t care who it is, I don’t want to start building anything with a head coach in his 70’s. BUT, I am in full agreement…..I don’t like BB or Kraft either!  😋

Will fans be allowed to wear bags over head like with Donahoe?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.