4 minutes ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

Same people were probably saying “meh” to Chase Young to 9ers 🤣

One more time for the people in the back.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Airseven said:

R3 pick is significant value. R5 pick is a throwaway. We know R4 is where draft value separates. Quantity on day 3 doesn't offset losing a day 1/2 pick.

It’s pick 90 for pick 140 dude… also included is some solid CB help for half a season this year for $600k 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would think the learning curve for cbs isn’t as hard as it is for other positions and we just need bodies. 

I agree.  Just line up across your guy and follow him!  Hyde or Poyer will shout out any changes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

It’s pick 90 for pick 140 dude… also included is some solid CB help for half a season this year for $600k 

The only time I see what that fella posts is when someone quotes him. He's only here to troll and say nasty things about anything the Bills do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

You can say that again!

16 minutes ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

What?

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

My Brother and a good friend are big Packers fans. They are laughing at me right now.

EDIT: After further discussion with them, they are putting most of the blame on their DC...but they are still very happy to get a 3rd. 

I just got off of the Packers fan forum , most fans are sad to see him leave and understand the trade. Most fans are saying he’s going to be good for the Bills. Let your brother and friend laugh, Bills fans will laugh to the playoffs and hopefully more

It’s a really nice move, solidifying the CB position this and next season. Bills still keep the same volume of draft picks getting back a 5th. 

I also think that while I am disappointed they didn’t also try to get a true one tech DT it must mean they like the way D Jones has been recovering from injury and think they can get him back by December and maybe fully going by January. There also may not have had much out on the market they thought was better than Ford and Settle. 

The Bills needed reinforcement on defense at either CB, DT and LB they got one hell of a CB to help plug one of those holes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It’s a really nice move, solidifying the CB position this and next season. Bills still keep the same volume of draft picks getting back a 5th. 

I also think that while I am disappointed they didn’t also try to get a true one tech DT it must mean they like the way D Jones has been recovering from injury and think they can get him back by December and maybe fully going by January. There also may not have had much out on the market they thought was better than Ford and Settle. 

The Bills needed reinforcement on defense at either CB, DT and LB they got one hell of a CB to help plug one of those holes.

They can still pick up Suh. It's not over yet.😁

From the Athletic. Paywall I'm sure, so I'll copy and paste the important stuff. 

The Bills acquired cornerback Rasul Douglas and a fifth-round pick from the Packers for a third-round pick.

Why they made the move

The Bills are thin in the secondary with Tre’Davious White out for the season with a torn Achilles, while 2022 first-round pick Kaiir Elam hasn’t developed according to plan. Douglas is good enough to start immediately.

The Packers are shedding salary in the post-Aaron Rodgers era and are gearing up for a roster restart in 2024. They’re 2-5 and in current possession of the No. 6 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Trade grade (Bills): A

They’re still in a win-now mode, and they’re going to have to get through a gauntlet of high-powered AFC offenses if they’re going to reach the Super Bowl. Douglas has some versatility and should fit nicely into Sean McDermott’s defense.

The 29-year-old is a playmaker who has 10 interceptions and 32 pass breakups over the last three seasons. Again, with the pass-heavy nature of the AFC, the Bills were proactive about adding talent to their secondary rather than standing pat.

Trade grade (Packers): B-minus

It’s nice to add a third-round pick, but they weakened their secondary and surrendered a fifth-rounder to do it. It’ll help the rebuild, especially once they get Rodgers’ dead money off the books, but the Packers essentially traded Douglas to move up about 60 picks in the draft.

The situation in Green Bay has deteriorated this season, but that should be expected. The Packers were realistic in knowing they couldn’t build a contending roster with $60 million in dead cap space.

However, the rocky development of quarterback Jordan Love for an offensive-minded head coach in Matt LaFleur is the more troubling aspect of a season that has slipped away quicker than most probably expected. By moving Douglas, the Packers have admitted they recognize the playoffs aren’t 

LInky: https://theathletic.com/5017781/2023/10/31/nfl-trade-deadline-2023-grades/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Well, if this guy likes him. Who am I? 

Currently browsing Packer games for Douglas highlights on NFL+

2 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Well, if this guy likes him. Who am I? 

Currently browsing Packer games for Douglas highlights on NFL+

Douglas has 10 INTs in the last 3 yrs , in the same time span the Bills entire defensive backs have 12 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Third round pick, but we get a 5th back

Wonder which 3rd it is, ours or the potential comp we got for Tre Edmunds?

Well, we don't officially have the comp pick for Edmunds yet, and won't until later, so as of this point in time it doesn't exist. It's our current 3rd pick.

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

They can still pick up Suh. It's not over yet.😁

I think that’s unlikely, but possible. It could be the Bills looked at the DT market and thought they could sign Suh or Linval Joseph who would be as good or better than any out on the trade market. Or they like how Jones is progressing from injury and think Ford and the current DT’s are good enough to bridge until then?

I lean towards them sticking with what they have as that’s the MO of the front office. 

On paper looks solid. Hopefully it brings results on the field. Like that we addressed a need and gives us additional depth if needed with Dane, Elam and Norman. He brings experience, leadership and has been good at getting interceptions!

Like that we still retained plenty of 2024 draft capital. 

I worried J Johnson was gonna be more about the money than anything else. 

All in all glad we made a move to make the team better! If it works out that reduces the need to draft a CB in the early rounds.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I think that’s unlikely, but possible. It could be the Bills looked at the DT market and thought they could sign Suh or Linval Joseph who would be as good or better than any out on the trade market. Or they like how Jones is progressing from injury and think Ford and the current DT’s are good enough to bridge until then?

I lean towards them sticking with what they have as that’s the MO of the front office. 

Very true. I was just implying there was still an option available even after the TD.

11 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

What motivated GB to move on from this guy?  

Age. Cap space. Stockpiling picks. Not a core player.

They plucked him off a practice squad. Signed him to one deal which they re-structured. And then flipped him for a 3rd. Perhaps simply time to cash the investment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

What motivated GB to move on from this guy?  

He did. Quote from him after Sunday's game (taken from ESPN article):

"We're saying s--- but until we actually do the s---, it don't really matter," Douglas said after Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings. "I'm thinking about it like, bro, I've never been a loser in my life. These last two years have been f---ing loser. That s--- ain't me. I don't think that s---'s us. We've got to do something, you know what I mean?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Age. Cap space. Stockpiling picks. Not a core player.

They plucked him off a practice squad. Signed him to one deal which they re-structured. And then flipped him for a 3rd. Perhaps simply time to cash the investment.

He was definitely a core player according to GB fans

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.