The Next Four Leading Into the Bye

EmotionallyUnstable

Next Four  

247 members have voted

1. 1. What record would you realistically like to see through the next 4 games leading into the bye, to feel comfortable about making a playoff run?

The Bills are currently 5-3. Their next 4 games leading up to the bye week are:

@ Cincinnati (SNF)

Broncos Home (MNF)

Jets Home (4:25)

@ Philadelphia (4:25)

Without getting into specifics as to why you think they’ll win or lose each match up, how do you think these next four heading into the bye will shake out? What would you feel “comfortable” with as far as the W/L column coming out of the bye for a December push to the playoffs?

Personally, I think if you can take 3 of the next 4, we’ll be in good shape. I see the two home games as the most likely path, with stealing one of the away games (I like the Cinci option, personally). 

That’d have us 8-4 coming out of the bye. With games post-bye left vs the Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers, Dolphins, and Pats…I think 8-4 would be comfort for me to know we’ll be seeing post-season football again. 

How about you?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

At this point it might do us good to hobble into the playoffs, as long as we can get hot in January.  Not that that's an odds-on bet, just sayin'.  

We've tried the traditional approach and it's failed us twice.  We're good enough to make the playoffs pretty much under any circumstances.  Maybe not focusing so much on going 15-2 during the regular season and getting the #1 see will help us out come January.  

We'll find out very soon.  

The post-season narrative on McD is going to be reliant upon our making the playoffs, first, and secondly, how we do therein.  

Assuming that us getting in, even if only as a 7th seed, is a given, not losing in the Wild-Card or Divisional round will be paramount.  

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I would like to see us 3-1 I n the next four games, but realistically we should go 2-2.

If the Bills can pull things together they vould go 4-0.

Who knows what version of this team will show up week to week.

If we play the way we've played the past three weeks we can easily go 1-3.  

• Agree 5

3-1. I have us winning the 2 home games barring any weird rash of injury or illness. And I think Philadelphia will give us some issues.

I actually feel somewhat confident heading into Cincinnati this week. I know logic should say I shouldn't...but I think Buffalo has been eager for this rematch.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

3-1 or better we definitely make the playoffs. 2-2 and no more major injuries we remain very much in the hunt. 1-3 or worse and it is over and there are some tough questions for the regime.

If we go 1-3 it's not over, we'd be 6-6 at that point.  Definitely not great, but very much still alive in the playoff hunt.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Avisan said:

If we go 1-3 it's not over, we'd be 6-6 at that point.  Definitely not great, but very much still alive in the playoff hunt.

Obviously mathematically that’s correct, I don’t think math is the only consideration when answering this hypothetical.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

Obviously mathematically that’s correct, I don’t think math is the only consideration when answering this hypothetical.

Sure, just pointing out that we are currently 5-3, not 3-5.  Far worse teams than ours make it to the playoffs pretty much every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

In the hypothetical, how I feel about 1-3 would depend on how we got there.  A dominating win on the road in Philly  would feel a whole lot different than only beating the Broncos .

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Anything less than 2-2 would be a death sentence.  

We absolutely must beat the Jets AND Broncos to stay in a WC hunt.  It would be great to miraculously steal one from Cincy or Philly but probably not realistic.  I do have us beating Mahomes in week 14, going 8-5.  Those loses to Jest & Cheats really hurt. No business losing to those 2 clown qbs. Even with the injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We absolutely must beat the Jets AND Broncos to stay in a WC hunt.  It would be great to miraculously steal one from Cincy or Philly but probably not realistic.  I do have us beating Mahomes in week 14, going 8-5.  Those loses to Jest & Cheats really hurt. No business losing to those 2 clown qbs. Even with the injuries. 

"Miraculously steal" lol

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m convinced no one watches any non bills games all season lol 

SF has been struggling for weeks now, cincy beating them doesn’t mean they’re some unbeatable juggernaut. 

philly has never really ran away with a game all year 

I'm convinced no one carefully watches our coaching.  Yes Cincy & Philly are beatable,  but not if our coaches trip over each other. 

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McWimpy sees how well the BIlls offense are in the no huddle. He will have none of it.

They will go back to 1975 boring turd football and will go 0-4 the next four weeks.

Agreed, he hates offense. Every time he sees that stat where we've scored the most points in the NFL since 2020, his dinner lurches back up into his mouth. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I'll say realistically 2-2(most likely losses to Cincy and Philly) but I wouldn't be shocked if we can pull off a 3-1 run over this stretch.  I would be pretty shocked if we went 4-0.

I'm thinking best case scenario we take care of business against Denver and NYJ like we should and steal a Win in either Cincy or Philly.  But in all honesty the way this season has gone so far(and I'm talking about the league itself not just the Bills season) ANYTHING could happen.  If the Broncos could beat the Chiefs they can beat us, the Jets already handed us one loss this year.

I do think after this 4 week stretch is over we will finally have a pretty good feel for what this team is this year whether we like it or not...at the moment I am still having trouble figuring it out LOL

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Ugh hate the moxie the bengals displayed today - I don’t like next week now!

2-2 but they better show up!

C’mon now ,  many here would have been extremely uncomfortable if the Bengals were coming off a loss to the 49ers. 

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm convinced no one carefully watches our coaching.  Yes Cincy & Philly are beatable,  but not if our coaches trip over each other. 

No one ? Did you somehow miss the 8000 coaching threads on here ? 

58 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'll say realistically 2-2(most likely losses to Cincy and Philly) but I wouldn't be shocked if we can pull off a 3-1 run over this stretch.  I would be pretty shocked if we went 4-0.

I'm thinking best case scenario we take care of business against Denver and NYJ like we should and steal a Win in either Cincy or Philly.  But in all honesty the way this season has gone so far(and I'm talking about the league itself not just the Bills season) ANYTHING could happen.  If the Broncos could beat the Chiefs they can beat us, the Jets already handed us one loss this year.

I do think after this 4 week stretch is over we will finally have a pretty good feel for what this team is this year whether we like it or not...at the moment I am still having trouble figuring it out LOL

We somehow win all 4, we should be right back in 1 seed conversations.  Cincy game alone will be very telling on our outlook, and whether just making playoffs is a more realistic aspiration.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I would like to see us 3-1 I n the next four games, but realistically we should go 2-2.

If the Bills can pull things together they vould go 4-0.

Who knows what version of this team will show up week to week.

Or which version of our opponents will show. 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I watch our coaching and there’s plenty of decisions you can second guess for sure, but you could say that about plenty of other top coaches also.  We’re acting like a lot of these inconsistency issues are unique to us and it is very much not the case 

there is probably a forum post or two or ten on every single teams message board criticizing their coaches right now 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This is a rare measured take. I, too, think it’ll be 2-2. The Broncos is a division rival to KC and have been beaten by them for almost a decade. That win was their superbowl and now they can roll over for draft position. Bills will have no problem beating them at home. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.