The Next Four Leading Into the Bye

EmotionallyUnstable

Next Four  

247 members have voted

1. 1. What record would you realistically like to see through the next 4 games leading into the bye, to feel comfortable about making a playoff run?

I'd really like to see a trade. We need a piece, I'd like to see the juice the team gets from somebody, and I, as well as the players would probably like to see a commitment from the front office to this being the year.

I've been all about getting something for the offense, would still be pretty creamed up for Hopkins... however, If we've magically figured out to spread the ball featuring Kincaid, Shakir being a helpful tool, then that juices Gabe up some more. I know we can be that team, we should be them all the time, just take that Rev limiter off and let them go.

In that case, find a nice piece for the defense

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

3-1. I have us winning the 2 home games barring any weird rash of injury or illness. And I think Philadelphia will give us some issues.

I actually feel somewhat confident heading into Cincinnati this week. I know logic should say I shouldn't...but I think Buffalo has been eager for this rematch.

If anything we know that Josh and this team are massively influenced by bulletin board material and rematches of big losses.

So I'm actually in agreement with you on this.

I would not be surprised at all to smash Cincy and then lose to Denver or jets again.

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'd really like to see a trade. We need a piece, I'd like to see the juice the team gets from somebody, and I, as well as the players would probably like to see a commitment from the front office to this being the year.

I've been all about getting something for the offense, would still be pretty creamed up for Hopkins... however, If we've magically figured out to spread the ball featuring Kincaid, Shakir being a helpful tool, then that juices Gabe up some more. I know we can be that team, we should be them all the time, just take that Rev limiter off and let them go.

In that case, find a nice piece for the defense

You better bring an extra pair of underwear to work tomorrow in case Beane pulls it off 

19 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

I have high confidence in beating Denver.

It’s possible we’ll beat the Jests.

The Cowboys looms as an L. They’re simply better.

I don’t see beating the Bungles- at all.

Prove me wrong.

I guarantee you we don’t lose to the Cowboys in one of our next 4 games.  My proof is that we don’t play them in our next 4 games.

• Haha (+1) 1

Unfortunately I think the best we’ll do is 2-2 but 1-3 wouldn’t surprise me either. 0-4 should be a signal to clean house (staff) at year end.

NYJ should be a win home,  Denver should be a win but they can beat us if they play well (especially after beating Mahomes Maauto Swifty & Co.)

No way  we have a shot at Philly or Cincy.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Agree 1

I think that Josh will get up for Cincy and the eagles. The games I worry about are the ones against bad teams like Denver. It's like they overlook bad teams or even play down or uninterested. It's super annoying. We need to just win every game we can from here on out and maybe when the dust settles we can host a game or two.

If we lose to the Broncos or Jets you can pretty much start making non football plans for January. This team has an absolute gauntlet to end the season. Philly, Dallas, KC, Miami, Chargers and the Pat's who we've already lost to. Zero room for error against the teams we should beat. Being swept by the Zach Wilson led Jets would be enough for me for this coaching staff. Every year we blame an assistant or a coordinator but the stench is coming from the top. We have to beat the Broncos, Jets and Pats and hopefully dominate Miami a second time. Then maybe beat the Chargers and back into the playoffs on a wildcard. I do not have hope that we can beat the Bengals, Cowboys, Chiefs and Eagles. 10-7 seems about right for this team.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

If we lose to the Broncos or Jets you can pretty much start making non football plans for January. This team has an absolute gauntlet to end the season. Philly, Dallas, KC, Miami, Chargers and the Pat's who we've already lost to. Zero room for error against the teams we should beat. Being swept by the Zach Wilson led Jets would be enough for me for this coaching staff. Every year we blame an assistant or a coordinator but the stench is coming from the top. We have to beat the Broncos, Jets and Pats and hopefully dominate Miami a second time. Then maybe beat the Chargers and back into the playoffs on a wildcard. I do not have hope that we can beat the Bengals, Cowboys, Chiefs and Eagles. 10-7 seems about right for this team.

Some tough games no doubt but let's remember the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, the Dolphins haven't beaten a good team yet, the Chargers have talent, but they are beatable as there 3-4 record says. Besides it will be a glorified "home game" for the Bills at Sofi. The Pats got us once, but I doubt they win in Buffalo. Philly and KC will be tough. The Bills have won at Arrowhead the last 2 regular season games played there.

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Some tough games no doubt but let's remember the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, the Dolphins haven't beaten a good team yet, the Chargers have talent, but they are beatable as there 3-4 record says. Besides it will be a glorified "home game" for the Bills at Sofi. The Pats got us once, but I doubt they win in Buffalo. Philly and KC will be tough. The Bills have won at Arrowhead the last 2 regular season games played there.

We are devoid of talent on defense at this point. Jones, Milano and Tre all being out for the season has made this a very pedestrian unit.

Von Miller isn't going to magically return to his former self. He's still playing limited snaps and has very little impact. Oliver has gone back to being doubled because there isn't anyone in the 3 or on the edge really commanding any attention.

The linebacking corps is brutal without Milano. Bernard has looked good but I truly believe the adjustment to Milanos injury should have been Bernard in his spot and Klein or Spector in the middle. Dorian and Dodson are not good. 

And the corner play has just been atrocious. Not playing Elam has made zero sense with how depleted we are at corner. Benford makes all the same mistakes with holding and PI but only if he's anywhere near the receiver. Dane is still Dane, Taron looks lost out there sometimes, like he's unsure if he should be playing linebacker or corner.

I think we've seen time and time again, zone defense with no pass rush means trouble. Recent history says we should be the Cheifs and the Cowboys but without pressure I don't think we can hold up against the best QBs in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.