Bills restructured Dawkins contract, create Cap space

Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, SCBills said:

Well, fine lol...

Well technically they would have had to make it to have operating money for the rest of the year. But Dhop is only owed something like 1M for the rest of the year. 

so technically could have made the trade without this restructure occurring first. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

If the LB rumors are true Josey Jewell from Denver be an interesting add. 

Looks up contract. 

yep this restructure would be needed to facilitate roughly the 2.2M Jewell would be owed for the remainder of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be more than content with Hopkins and a Defensive piece added before the deadline. 

-Hopkins, because I think he's one of the few WR's potentially available that Allen will feel obligated to look his way.  I also like his contract for next year.

-And we need something on Defense.  I'd prefer a DT over LB, but maybe (wishful thinking) they believe they can get Daquan Jones back later in the season. 

I can't imagine it would take more than a couple Day 3 picks we have stocked up to make these moves, unless the Defensive piece is something out of left field. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

received_2209086369284828.jpeg

Awesome! Well done!

Can’t help but think Beane is still a little apprehensive about making moves after the Kelvin Benjamin deal didn’t work out. Yes, we got Marlowe and Hines last year, but they were just depth pieces. Gotta keep swinging Beaner!

Edited by Blank Stare
  • Like (+1) 1

Would be nice to add a WR or RT but the chances of Dorsey figuring out how to incorporate them into the offense over the next 3 months is unlikely.  

I’d rather add a LB, DT or CB.  I have more confidence in McD putting them to good use

• Agree 1

I’ll loose my mind if it isn’t help for the offense.  Any OT/C available or WR. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Would be nice to add a WR or RT but the chances of Dorsey figuring out how to incorporate them into the offense over the next 3 months is unlikely.  

I’d rather add a LB, DT or CB.  I have more confidence in McD putting them to good use

crap, I think you are right.  Someone like Dhop or Theline may be easy for Dorsey to figure out or OL.  But not a talented guy like J. Jerudy, etc.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Awesome! Well done!

Can’t help but think Beane is still a little apprehensive about making moves after the Kelvin Benjamin deal didn’t work out. Yes, we got Marlowe and Hines last year, but they were just depth pieces. Gotta keep swinging Beaner!

For the record Did try to get Diggs in season before the offseason trade. So not sure how much the Benjamin thing still weighs on their minds at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Suh please!

Or his much bigger 2022 Eagles teammate Linval Joseph.

Both on the couch........and neither can be as bad as Jordan Phillips at EITHER DT position (I still can't believe they brought back Phillips for a penny above league minimum let alone $3M with guarantees).

• Agree 2

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Or his much bigger 2022 Eagles teammate Linval Joseph.

Both on the couch........and neither can be as bad as Jordan Phillips at EITHER DT position (I still can't believe they brought back Phillips for a penny above league minimum let alone $3M with guarantees).

he's a good pass rushing DT. the rest of it, not so much. i'm glad he's back but he's expensive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.