Josh Allen….detached.

Brian Higgins hair

is it me?

The days of Josh, with that burning competitive fire in his eyes…going up and down the bench supporting the D, talking to the O line and talking to receivers seem to be gone. 
After a 4th down, he goes back to the bench, looks at the IPad, and then just sits and watches the Jumbotron quietly.

Meanwhile, Diggs is doing what Stef does, fire burning and supporting others.
There is something that’s changed in him. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Brian Higgins hair said:

is it me?

The days of Josh, with that burning competitive fire in his eyes…going up and down the bench supporting the D, talking to the O line and talking to receivers seem to be gone. 
After a 4th down, he goes back to the bench, looks at the IPad, and then just sits and watches the Jumbotron quietly.

In prior seasons fans were demanding we take the "sugar rush" out of Josh.  Given the coaches offseason comments criticizing Allen for running, the new game plan strategy that has neutered Allen's game, it seems likely the "calm" Allen demeanor is a request from the coaches to keep level the whole game.  The next step in improving Allen will be to have him nervously clap after crappy Bills plays. That way we will know he has the proper emotionally state for peak performance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You all need to stop with this stupid take in this thread and the other one about Josh.  To somehow make up your mind that Josh no longer cares about football after watching a combined 5 seconds of sideline shots during a 3 hour game is complete insanity.  

Nobody wants a leader ranting and raving whenever there is a problem.  That stuff gets old real quick.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 20
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Blazman11 said:

You all need to stop with this stupid take in this thread and the other one about Josh.  To somehow make up your mind that Josh no longer cares about football after watching a combined 5 seconds of sideline shots during a 3 hour game is complete insanity.  

Nobody wants a leader ranting and raving whenever there is a problem.  That stuff gets old real quick.  

Really?
Do you see the consistency of the fiery Josh from 2020/21 ? I still see it in Mahomes and others…..

Do you see anything of old Josh where you didn’t have to look at a clip because he was EVERYWHERE on the sideline? 
Undeniably, The dude has something happening between the ears that is different than before, and it’s translated to his game. 

Whatever it is, it is real. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Something COULD be going on with him, but let’s not forget he led the team to two TDs in the last 7 minutes of the game, to get us the lead.  It’s not like he was in some mesmerized trance the whole game.

He’s been in a trance since 2022. Cincinnati ring a bell? 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

He does seem to be staring off into space a lot during games while on the bench.  It could be absolutely nothing, it could be something, and it could just be that the camera is only showing those moments.  BUT...if we are just going off of what is shown on the TV, he does seem a little spaced out on the bench like he's just some guy waiting for the bus to arrive.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Chaos said:

In prior seasons fans were demanding we take the "sugar rush" out of Josh.  Given the coaches offseason comments criticizing Allen for running, the new game plan strategy that has neutered Allen's game, it seems likely the "calm" Allen demeanor is a request from the coaches to keep level the whole game.  The next step in improving Allen will be to have him nervously clap after crappy Bills plays. That way we will know he has the proper emotionally state for peak performance.

This x1000

hes had his fire coached out of him. No doubt the coaching has ingrained it into his head that the fiery Josh is a bad Josh. So he thinks he’s doing the right thing by being a ball-less version of himself. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I personally believe he’s WAY less interested in playing football right now than in any point in his young life. Too much other stuff going on. 

As much as I don't want to believe this, I'm starting to think there might be some truth to it.  That's what the rumors about the rift with Diggs were about* and as much as I want to dismiss it, it makes you wonder.  

*Note for those who aren't aware:  Over the Summer there was a poster who said he knows one of Diggs cousins or something like that and said there was a rift between Allen where they weren't speaking to each other and Diggs was frustrated because Allen doesn't put the work in over the offseason and his focus seems elsewhere.  This guy posted all of this stuff before the big blow out in the media after Diggs didn't practice Day 1 of Mini Camp.

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

As much as I don't want to believe this, I'm starting to think there might be some truth to it.  That's what the rumors about the rift with Diggs were about* and as much as I want to dismiss it, it makes you wonder.  

*Note for those who aren't aware:  Over the Summer there was a poster who said he knows one of Diggs cousins or something like that and said there was a rift between Allen where they weren't speaking to each other and Diggs was frustrated because Allen doesn't put the work in over the offseason and his focus seems elsewhere.  This guy posted all of this stuff before the big blow out in the media after Diggs didn't practice Day 1 of Mini Camp.

It doesn’t make him a bad person. But it clearly appears to be the case. The signs are everywhere. Way too much instability and distractions in his life. I’m guessing you’d be in the same spot if it was you….I know I was.  

• Like (+1) 1

He has nothing to be happy about. He has inept supporting staff and mid level coaching.

He is constantly behind the 8 ball and feeling the pressure. Nothing and i mean NOTHING is easy for this new-look McDHole offense.

What is the kid going to be smiling about?

I wish Josh did to McD what McD did to him in that first game. Josh should have ran up to him on the sideline banging on his head screaming "BE SMART" as mcdholes defense gave a 35 yard screen on the first play of the final drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Since1981 said:

I’ve posted before— I have not seen him run and then jump up laughing, smiling, pointing— after said run. His runs awaken a spirit or adrenaline in him and the entire team.

There may be other things but that one is brutally obviously missing. 

Yah just another thing mcDHole has taken away from him. Trying to make josh something he is not.

Team doesnt score until josh goes no huddle and unleashes the beast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

is it me?

we gotta do all we can to get him and Brittany back together.

They break up and everything goes to poop.

• Haha (+1) 1

Defenses are forcing him to play QB, instead of being a playmaker.  He’s capable, but refuses to do it consistently. 

Add in the fact our coaches have drilled into him not to run, to the extent that he won’t even do it on broken plays. 

He seems to be playing a position now that he doesn’t have any passion for. 

is it me?

Lol. Another “I’ve had 8 beers and I’m an athlete psychiatrist now” thread.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Defenses are forcing him to play QB, instead of being a playmaker.  He’s capable, but refuses to do it consistently. 

Add in the fact our coaches have drilled into him not to run, to the extent that he won’t even do it on broken plays. 

He seems to be playing a position now that he doesn’t have any passion for. 

Its our coaches who are forcing Josh to play that way. Not the opposing coaches!

is it me?

He knows he can't win with these coaches and knows they've taken away what he does best, that'll put out anyone's fire

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mental health issues are nothing to scoff at.    If he is having issues he needs to seek professional help. 

He has stated how he dislikes scrutiny into his personal life and who he dates.  And with all the product endorsements  he is sooo viisible. And when he has a bad game it just magnifies the pressure.

Edited by muppy

The coaching staff is trying to protect him. They'd rather he be a good to very good nfl quarterback for 15 years instead of an elite NFL quarterback for 10 years. 

With the injuries to the defense and the lack of a good #2 receiver, they need to let Josh carry this team. Josh being "very good" won't result in anything this season. Josh being "elite" may not result in anything either but at least you have a chance.

Let him loose

1 hour ago, Blazman11 said:

This is the only correct response to these kinds of posts.

It might be true, but nothing you see on tv can prove it one way or the other.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Allen has been asked for years to stop hurdling players and taking defenders head on. 

The ask is for him to be smarter. Get down, get out of bounds. Similar to a peak Russ or current Mahomes.

If anything Josh doesn’t have a good feel for that part of his game. It is like he only knows how to truck a LB or make an errant throw with nothing but green grass in front of him. 

Kurt Warner was flamed for years for doing Allen film reviews that was basically “just because he can, doesn’t mean he should” when it came to his decision making. He was right. Sometimes Allen isn’t a great decision maker.

Edit: He just had 7 runs for 2. Something yards per carry. He’s not running the ball well either. 

Edited by Mango
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.