Still just a game back

JJGauna

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't even care about the regular season at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 17 game pre-season.

The bigger issue is that this isn't a championship team. Not even remotely close. Does anyone want another division championship with a guaranteed 1st or 2nd round bounce?

I'll take getting my hopes up if they can punch their ticket to the next round. Yeah it looks dreadful, but there are a lot of bad teams right now and everybody is really just one injury away from mayhem. James Cook looks legit and Kincaid warmed up today, I'll take the sliver of hope that they can be the team to catch fire at the right time.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

With playing at KC itā€™s the way the schedule is. Those game will be at Buffalo 24-27

Except next year that games probably in Miami, while we play the Chargers at home. Next year we play the AFC South and only play the Chiefs if we finish in the same spot as them.

9 hours ago, JJGauna said:

I know itā€™s pretty rough finding a silver lining after the last 3 games but the truth is we are still only one game back in the East. Any team can be beaten any week, and that includes us.Ā 
Ā 

This team still has hope, we have the pieces. Hopefully the younger guys on defense can mature as the season progresses. If we get hot at the right time later in the season, we can take the division back from Miami in Miami, and make a run into the playoffs.

Ā 

Will it happen? Who knows? Nobody knows. Thatā€™s why they play the games. It takes a remarkable run and overcoming great adversity to win it all, why not us? The pieces are still there, just not the original pieces we all thought.

Ā 

Josh must step up, Dorsey must change and adapt, and McD needs to focus on his ability to bring the best out of the defense. I still believe.

But we have lost to inferior teams.Ā  We have a much harder schedule coming that if we can't bury the Pats, we may be in trouble with KC, Philly, SD, etc

Ā 

3 minutes ago, 5ths the charm said:

But we have lost to inferior teams.Ā  We have a much harder schedule coming that if we can't bury the Pats, we may be in trouble with KC, Philly, SD, etc

The Pats and Giants were playing to save their season. We got their best shot. The Pats a little more with the record and being at home. The playoff teams coming up will be hard to handle for sure. Hopefully they'll crank up the focus.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JJGauna said:

I know itā€™s pretty rough finding a silver lining after the last 3 games but the truth is we are still only one game back in the East. Any team can be beaten any week, and that includes us.Ā 
Ā 

This team still has hope, we have the pieces. Hopefully the younger guys on defense can mature as the season progresses. If we get hot at the right time later in the season, we can take the division back from Miami in Miami, and make a run into the playoffs.

Ā 

Will it happen? Who knows? Nobody knows. Thatā€™s why they play the games. It takes a remarkable run and overcoming great adversity to win it all, why not us? The pieces are still there, just not the original pieces we all thought.

Ā 

Josh must step up, Dorsey must change and adapt, and McD needs to focus on his ability to bring the best out of the defense. I still believe.

Ā 

I know the Eagles won but they don't look great except on the DLine...holy hell they have a wrecking crew there.

• Agree 1

Yea...

Ā 

Miami lost to Buffalo (in Buffalo) and Philly (in Philly).

Ā 

Bills have lost to Jacksonville, New York Jets and New England Patriots.Ā  Yes, all technically on the road (or a bizarro situation)...but wake me up when Miami loses to a meh team like we're clearly capable of doing.

Ā 

Because right now, they don't look like they can beat the elite teams, but they look like they'll take a flamethrower to everyone else.Ā 

You folks are sadly delusional. This team as currently construed is fatally flawed, and is nowhere near the category of the 10 top tier teams. These last three games were an abomination and shows exactly who they are.The Bills have blown the "Easy" portion of their schedule. I see 3 more wins maybe. -Bucs - Bronco's - Pats. That's it. 7-10 That's who the Bills are. Anyone who sees more wins are just infatuated Fan-boys. Wise up.Ā  Ā 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

It was great comfort to read all the POed posts on here, as I could let go of all MY anger. My kids were really mad too. But the Dolphins lost, the Bills are only one game behind still.Ā 

Ā 

The short week before the Bucs game is great. Get everyone focused on this. 3 days from now, either the Bills are 5-3 and can focus on winning, or 4-4 and it's time for the ax to fall.

Ā 

I still don't get how they went from top SB contenders in weeks 2-3-4 to this. But LET'S GOOOOOO. This season is not over yet, not at all. Yet, WIN. This can't continue. I too wonder if the PLAYERS are still on the McD train. If they are, it's all that matters. If not...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Chiefs and Jags would still be over us for #1 seed even if we did win but allowing Mac drive at end was awfulĀ 

Allowing Mac to have any kind of a game is definitely awful. One of the worst QBs in the leagueā€¦.The Bills arenā€™t getting the #1 seed. They werenā€™t even able to get it with 13 wins including a win @ KC. That ship has sailed. The division is definitely still in play.Ā 

8 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I don't even care about the regular season at all. As far as I'm concerned, it's a 17 game pre-season.

The bigger issue is that this isn't a championship team. Not even remotely close. Does anyone want another division championship with a guaranteed 1st or 2nd round bounce?

Iā€™ll definitely take a division championship. Playoffs are a new season so have to wait and see how they look at the time. Missing the playoffs to get a slightly better draft pick ? No thanks , the Bills have their QB so I donā€™t care where they pick.Ā 

What disappoints me is that the Bills now need a lot of help with two divisional losses, and the path to home field is narrow.Ā  Bills also likely need to win all of the AFC games left in the schedule.Ā  Ā 

Ā 

I'd even consider resting starters at Philly to give the team two weeks of rest before the away game with theĀ  Chiefs, and I'd rest them again versus the Cowboys before the end season run that begins with a cross-country trip to LA, NE and Miami.Ā  The Bills don't usually show up in those cross country trips and they likely *need* that Chargers win.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

We still have Eagles, Cowboys, Jets, KC, Miami, and Bengals upcoming. Philadelphia & KC are two of the toughest places to win at. Cincinnati, despite their issues, aren't inferior to us.Ā 

Ā 

If we win the division, we will have earned it.Ā 

Ā 

BTW, why do we keep playing @KC? Three years in a row. They have not played in Buffalo since 2020.Ā 

We will be lucky to win two of those games.

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I refuse to be pessimistic with w a winning record and a game back from the division. We have been thru these slumps before and made it out. Just need to win 10 gamesĀ 

Weā€™ve never ā€œmade it outā€ even if this team wins the division, they will be an easy out in the playoffs

Can we stop pretending this team is good?Ā  An apparent slide from consistent offensive firepower was exposed in the Cincy playoff game, and other than the odd miami performance, this team looks incredibly beatable.Ā  Josh doesn't run, we lose.Ā  And don't get me started on the Bag-O-$h1t this defense has become.Ā  Unless this team can get their heads our of each other's @$$es, they'll finish the seaon no better than a trent edwards, dick jauron team.Ā  Flame away.

• Agree 2

Our defense/pass rush looks horrible. Our offense has the yips. Eagles, Cowboys, KC, Miami, and Bengals. The way our team look s right now these games don't look like Ws to me.Ā šŸ¤¢

Edited by BuffaloMatt
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Iā€™ll definitely take a division championship. Playoffs are a new season so have to wait and see how they look at the time. Missing the playoffs to get a slightly better draft pick ? No thanks , the Bills have their QB so I donā€™t care where they pick.Ā 

There are lots of wild card spots now too. You have to be truly terrible now to miss the playoffs with 7 teams on a 17 game schedule

They are a game back but that also requires then Buffalo BEATING PHI which right now is impossible to see so they are 2 games back minimum.Ā 

29 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Can we stop pretending this team is good?Ā  An apparent slide from consistent offensive firepower was exposed in the Cincy playoff game, and other than the odd miami performance, this team looks incredibly beatable.Ā  Josh doesn't run, we lose.Ā  And don't get me started on the Bag-O-$h1t this defense has become.Ā  Unless this team can get their heads our of each other's @$$es, they'll finish the seaon no better than a trent edwards, dick jauron team.Ā  Flame away.

Ā 

At this current juncture they are decidedly average 100% and based off the first 7 games 100% could miss the playoffs or barely squeak in and get torched. None of that is good. The potential does exist for them to be the team you saw against MIA, but they need to prove A LOT before I think any of us believe that again.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

They are a game back but that also requires then Buffalo BEATING PHI which right now is impossible to see so they are 2 games back minimum.Ā 

Ā 

At this current juncture they are decidedly average 100% and based off the first 7 games 100% could miss the playoffs or barely squeak in and get torched. None of that is good. The potential does exist for them to be the team you saw against MIA, but they need to prove A LOT before I think any of us believe that again.

Ā 

Yeah - we don't know what to expect right now.Ā  After the Miami game, I think everyone felt we were at least a top 3 team in the league.Ā  Now, it's like, "who is this team?"

Ā 

Nothing would shock me.Ā  We could collapse and miss the playoffs, which I would consider unlikely. We could tread water and squeak in as a WC, which wouldn't be surprising.Ā  We COULD go on a tear and lose 2 games the rest of the season - and that wouldn't shock, either.

Ā 

Any way you slice it, it beats the drought, when the season was generally over by now.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Ā 

Yeah - we don't know what to expect right now.Ā  After the Miami game, I think everyone felt we were at least a top 3 team in the league.Ā  Now, it's like, "who is this team?"

Ā 

Nothing would shock me.Ā  We could collapse and miss the playoffs, which I would consider unlikely. We could tread water and squeak in as a WC, which wouldn't be surprising.Ā  We COULD go on a tear and lose 2 games the rest of the season - and that wouldn't shock, either.

Ā 

Any way you slice it, it beats the drought, when the season was generally over by now.

Ā 

Ā 

I could see them win comfortably against TB 27-13 in terms of score but you just sit here and go yea ok I guess.. and then go to CIN and win by 7 and everyone is at a loss on what the heck to think. Football is weird, seasons have phases and major ups and downs so I do understand that to an extent. But the offense is the piece no one feels good as like you said Miami felt amazing and now feels like a mirage. This stems back to last season where when the offense is hot the team is good, but they are so streaky and up and down AND now this season the variance is even larger. IDK I am generally a glass half full guy but the check engine light feels like it is at least on and we are closer to major changes come offseason then how we retool for a longer playoff run.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Might still only be a game back but lost 2 of the last 3 and really should 've lost 3 of the last 3.Ā  And at least 2 of those 3 we're seen as easy wins.Ā  I absolutely have no faith in this coaching staff.Ā  The problem is the players that we have as backups to our starters are just JAGS and when you lose starters, let alone ProBowl caliber starters, you're screw with just players that are JAGS.Ā  Coaches game plan around these deficiencies that what their paid to do. I really have no faith going forward that anything will be rectified if it couldn't be rectified n the last couple of games against so-called weaker opponents

57 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Our defense/pass rush looks horrible. Our offense has the yips. Eagles, Cowboys, KC, Miami, and Bengals. The way our team look s right now these games don't look like Ws to me.Ā šŸ¤¢

Eagles lost to the Jets and went to OT with Washington

Cowboys looked horrible against Arizona

KC lost week 1 to the Lions (who were just smashed by the Ravens)

Miami lost to us, and only beat NE by a TD

Bengals have been putrid at best.

Ā 

Why do they get a pass and Buffalo doesnā€™t?

This is the season:

Ā 

Week 17 vs MIA

Ā 

But to get there we need to survive PHI, KC, DAL. LAC. There are some other tough games but those 4 will likely be the season. We blow that stretch and week 17 will be MIA resting guys for a playoff game in meaningless game vs the eliminated Bills.Ā 

49 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

Eagles lost to the Jets and went to OT with Washington

Cowboys looked horrible against Arizona

KC lost week 1 to the Lions (who were just smashed by the Ravens)

Miami lost to us, and only beat NE by a TD

Bengals have been putrid at best.

Ā 

Why do they get a pass and Buffalo doesnā€™t?

Eagles are 6-1

Who cares about DAL but they are 4-2

KC is 6-1 and basically has the division one since the rest of the division already has 4 and 5 losses.Ā 

MIA is in first at 5-2 and remember they are not a threat with Tua at QB.

CIN has been putrid with their starting QB hurt and has the same # of losses as us.Ā 

Side note, for those wondering why we keep playing in KC...there are two factors.

Ā 

First, we play the AFC West every third season, and the home/away alternates.Ā  We had them here in 2020.

Ā 

Aside from the AFC division you play, you also play the teams in the other two divisions that finished in your spot.Ā  The home/away alternates every two years.

Ā 

We got perfect stormed.Ā  We hosted KC in 2020 as part of playing the AFC West.Ā  In 2021 and 2022 we and KC both finished first, so we played each other and those two years happened to be the part of the cycle that stuck us in KC.Ā  Then this season we play the West again and thanks to alternating means we're in KC again.

Ā 

However, this means we will not have a regular season game in KC the next three seasons.Ā  If Bufallo finishes in the same spot as KC this season they'll host KC next season.Ā  Same the following season.Ā  And no matter what we're hosting them in 2026.

Ā 

We could end up hosting them three years in a row.

2 hours ago, Success said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Or we were 5-2 and had all this optimism and we lost 8 of 9.Ā Ā 

Ā 

We're pessimistic and think the teams worthless and they're 4-3.Ā Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I like where we are at. A wounded team with a chip on their shoulders. Let the doubters doubt. The Bills should use all the shade thatā€™s coming their way as fuel. Play angry, violent and with aggressiveness.Ā 

This doesn't look like a remote possibility.Ā  We've seen 3 straight games of a team who didn't care to be on the field for the entire 1st half and then reluctantly showed up for the 4thĀ 

34 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Side note, for those wondering why we keep playing in KC...there are two factors.

Ā 

First, we play the AFC West every third season, and the home/away alternates.Ā  We had them here in 2020.

Ā 

Aside from the AFC division you play, you also play the teams in the other two divisions that finished in your spot.Ā  The home/away alternates every two years.

Ā 

We got perfect stormed.Ā  We hosted KC in 2020 as part of playing the AFC West.Ā  In 2021 and 2022 we and KC both finished first, so we played each other and those two years happened to be the part of the cycle that stuck us in KC.Ā  Then this season we play the West again and thanks to alternating means we're in KC again.

Ā 

However, this means we will not have a regular season game in KC the next three seasons.Ā  If Bufallo finishes in the same spot as KC this season they'll host KC next season.Ā  Same the following season.Ā  And no matter what we're hosting them in 2026.

Ā 

We could end up hosting them three years in a row.

Ā 

Thanks for the details. I always wondered about that.

Ā 

It will be really nice to finally play Mahomes IN Buffalo.

Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Ā 

Points Bills lost regular season games by all of last year and so far this year.

Just need one stop or an extra score (or both).

Comes down to just a small handful of plays.

Ā 

Ā 

We lost Super Bowl 25 by one, whats your point? Most games in the NFL are decided by one possession. If we dont blow the other team out we probably lose

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

We lost Super Bowl 25 by one, whats your point? Most games in the NFL are decided by one possession. If we dont blow the other team out we probably lose

Ā 

This thread is about being optimistic. Showing we are not getting blown out when we lose. Just need to make one or two extra plays.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

Checking the Phins schedule - we probably can't lose more than 2 more to have a shot at the division in our last match-up w/ them.

Ā 

Chiefs & Ravens are the 2 toughest games they have.Ā  Assuming they split those, I could see them dropping another division game to the Pats or Jets, or possibly a loss to the Cowboys or Titans.Ā  Probably a 12-4 record for them heading into that final week.Ā  If one wants to dream, maybe 11-5.

Ā 

Ā 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.