McD Press Conference Comments

Dubie54

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

MCD is part of the problem and needs to go

Honestly, look at Daboll and Frazier. They both left under unusual circumstances and whispers behind the scenes that MCd is hard to get along with. Seems like things are coming into focus. Daboll and Frazier brought us success. Like them or not, they had our team at a better place than Dorsey and MCd 2023 version 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Just now, Beast said:

What exactly is “complimentary football”?

I know McDermott has been using that term lately. I’m not sure what it is. Is it just another name for we aren’t executing?

When McDermott uses the term he means "the defense is playing great, the offense is not making our job easy enough, for example, if they would leave the defense with a nine point lead with 2 minutes to go, my defense could close out the game"

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

When McDermott uses the term he means "the defense is playing great, the offense is not making our job easy enough, for example, if they would leave the defense with a nine point lead with 2 minutes to go, my defense could close out the game"

LOL…I guess that sums it up.

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Due to what? A penalty in the endzone and a missed FG. And with the missed FG drive, that was also due to Josh taking a bad sack on third down. 

I am not saying everything was great today. But not sure what the coach is supposed to say when he is asked about the slow start on offense. Yeah, it would be great to start faster. But even with the slow start, if the players could execute a little better, they would have had 13 points at halftime. 

They scored 3 points 

7 minutes ago, major said:

Honestly, look at Daboll and Frazier. They both left under unusual circumstances and whispers behind the scenes that MCd is hard to get along with. Seems like things are coming into focus. Daboll and Frazier brought us success. Like them or not, they had our team at a better place than Dorsey and MCd 2023 version 

I want like Mc D and Dorsey and I’m sure they are fine people but I have always got the impression that both are in over their head. I really wish that after 13 secs we put Daboll as HC.  Allen is P Rivers at best until there is a shakeup. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

These threads confuse me.  Do you expect him to say "yeah I suck, I should never have been made a head coach. I'm even a marginal defensive coach."

Some version of "I am the head coach the buck stops with me" would be nice. 

36 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Right, he knows absolutely nothing about offense.  Entrusting the entire baby & bathwater to a second year OJT OC with a questionable regimen. 

Nothing new here.  

How to correct it is simple.  But we don't want to take the path with the tough questions and answers.  

That play call from Dorsey to throw the ball to the wide open patriot CB on the first Bills offensive play was a bit much.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

That play call from Dorsey to throw the ball to the wide open patriot CB on the first Bills offensive play was a bit much.

LOL, but come on, you saw a lot of creativity in our play-calling otherwise today?  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Should the team quit after a slow start? 

Teams need to close to win.  We had a lead with 2 minutes to go and the leagues worst offensive 75 yards from the endzone.  At that point, the rest of the game does not matter.  Head coach can't B word "The offense has to leave my precious defense with a nine point lead when they are more than 12 seconds left in a game"

We’re in this weird loop where everyone wants to blame a single thing but we’re playing very non complementary football.  The offense steps up then the defense disappears or vice versa…bass misses some kicks.  It’s absurdly frustrating. 

Three games in a row the offense did nothing for a long stretch of the game then woke up and the defense could not get a stop. Injuries or not the defense cannot be blameless here.  You HAVE to make one of those stops.  Giants game doesn’t really count in my mind because they got bailed out with that no pi call 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

If he's being honest and doesn't know why they're struggling the first half, he's not qualified to keep his job. If he's lying and he does know why they're struggling and hasn't fixed it in three games against bad defenses, he's not qualified to keep his job.

• Like (+1) 1

There’s this general feeling that “we’ve got Josh Allen, all is good”.  I think the other guys just wait for him to make a play.  And when the other team schemes to stop Allen right out of the gate, the other players have to step up. So far no one has, three weeks now.

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Q: Over the last three games, you guys have a total of 10 points in the first half. Have you been able to put your finger on anything for the slow start here?
SM: I wish I could tell you. I really do. I wish I could tell you. We talk about it. We talk about being more detailed, getting into a rhythm early, playing complementary football and all three phases working together. We haven't been able to get into a good rhythm, obviously, in the first quarter. Let's just start there. So, just overall, we've got find the answers there.

I get sick of his BS answers. How about “unacceptable” “we’re not maximizing our talent” “we’re too predictable” etc. etc. oh, but then he might hurt Dorsey’s feelings. 

Bruh he owes the media and fans zero answers. Just because he won’t throw his guys under the bus or call people out doesn’t mean people aren’t held accountable in private. 

Fans look to these stupid press conferences for answers wayyyy too much. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

If he's being honest and doesn't know why they're struggling the first half, he's not qualified to keep his job. If he's lying and he does know why they're struggling and hasn't fixed it in three games against bad defenses, he's not qualified to keep his job.

Do you really think he’s going to call out Dorsey and/or the players in a press conference?  THAT will be the fastest way for him to lose the locker room, not covering for people.  McD is a process guy, so whatever problems they’re having, his foundational belief is that they need to work that much harder this week to fix the issues, versus something he says in a press conference actually fixing the issues.

For instance, the OL has looked horrible recently, so yea he could point that out in a press conference, but it’s going to potentially alienate guys on the team, look to some like he’s deflecting the blame, etc.  The best way to calm the critics will be to start winning again.

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

Final drive. 

Really just a poor job executing the fundamental defense. You have 2 guys  getting wiped out on blocks, a missed tackle and a huge gain. McD had the right call, just poor execution by the defense. Think that Dorian Williams speed was missed in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, BILLieve85 said:

This won’t be understated. But where are the injuries on offense. Score. 30 to this poor defense’s 24. 

I am talking about the defense. The Bills D has gone in three short weeks from being one of the most talented(and experienced)  in the league to one of the least talented (and lesser experienced) in the league. It is what it is. 

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Do you really think he’s going to call out Dorsey and/or the players in a press conference?  THAT will be the fastest way for him to lose the locker room, not covering for people.  McD is a process guy, so whatever problems they’re having, his foundational belief is that they need to work that much harder this week to fix the issues, versus something he says in a press conference actually fixing the issues.

For instance, the OL has looked horrible recently, so yea he could point that out in a press conference, but it’s going to potentially alienate guys on the team, look to some like he’s deflecting the blame, etc.  The best way to calm the critics will be to start winning again.

There's a lot of space between "I have no idea what I'm doing" and "it's everyone else's fault." They're both equally bad. He could have said anything and he chose one of the two worst responses. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

This won’t be understated. But where are the injuries on offense. Score. 30 to this poor defense’s 24. 

The offense won the game at the end. The defense then allowed the worst offense in the league (until today) slice through them with utter ease. But it is worth acknowledging that the best four Bills’ defensive players were out. It’s just not their year because of injuries, which absolutely sucks. But it’s real life.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am talking about the defense. The Bills D has gone in three short weeks from being one of the most talented(and experienced)  in the league to one of the least talented (and lesser experienced) in the league. It is what it is. 

The defense is fine. Sure it’ll have off weeks. But why is the offense not there. The Pats have been bad. Where was this offense that put up 30+ on the Raiders and Commanders?

The sleepwalking starts with him. He often looks like he's subdued.

The McDermott Bills roll so long as the game goes exactly as they expect it.

When it doesn't, this team struggles mightily to muster the effective counter.

Many of the Bills players are soft. Diggs is probably the toughest one they've got.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Yeah the coach has nothing to do with what happens. So why do we even one then

I didn’t realize McDermott gets credit only when we lose. When we win, it’s because the players overcame his sabotage attempt. SMH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.