McD Press Conference Comments

Dubie54

Q: Over the last three games, you guys have a total of 10 points in the first half. Have you been able to put your finger on anything for the slow start here?
SM: I wish I could tell you. I really do. I wish I could tell you. We talk about it. We talk about being more detailed, getting into a rhythm early, playing complementary football and all three phases working together. We haven't been able to get into a good rhythm, obviously, in the first quarter. Let's just start there. So, just overall, we've got find the answers there.

I get sick of his BS answers. How about “unacceptable” “we’re not maximizing our talent” “we’re too predictable” etc. etc. oh, but then he might hurt Dorsey’s feelings. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Q: Over the last three games, you guys have a total of 10 points in the first half. Have you been able to put your finger on anything for the slow start here?
SM: I wish I could tell you. I really do. I wish I could tell you. We talk about it. We talk about being more detailed, getting into a rhythm early, playing complementary football and all three phases working together. We haven't been able to get into a good rhythm, obviously, in the first quarter. Let's just start there. So, just overall, we've got find the answers there.

I get sick of his BS answers. How about “unacceptable” “we’re not maximizing our talent” “we’re too predictable” etc. etc. oh, but then he might hurt Dorsey’s feelings. 

Right, he knows absolutely nothing about offense.  Entrusting the entire baby & bathwater to a second year OJT OC with a questionable regimen. 

Nothing new here.  

How to correct it is simple.  But we don't want to take the path with the tough questions and answers.  

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

He’s not going to reveal the internal issues or personnel problems. 

You mean own up to the fact that he really has no answers?  

That much seems clear.  

In fairness, what do people expect, for him to say, ... yeah, I'm a little out of my element here offensively speaking, a lot really.  I'm having to lean heavily on Dorsey and I'm not quite sure he's experienced enough to figure it out either.  

Is that the statement we're awaiting?  LOL 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Even taking his coach speak at face value is a bad look. He's not a rookie coach. He's at the helm of a team that is playoff experienced, Super Bowl hopeful on a yearly basis.

Last week there was a quote relayed by the telecast by Daboll. Pretty much said "Well, when something's wrong with the team the coaching staff gets paid to fix those problems." 

If after all these years the team is regressing and he doesn't have the answers...he becomes they answer to what is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

I don’t even know what the point is.. holding these press conferences before and after games.  If they lost “well we have to watch the film and play better, coach it better.. have to do a better job, make the smart plays, take the yards when there is an opening.  We have to correct our mistakes, less penalties..” and on and on and on like some recording.   If they win “We’re gunna enjoy this one tonight and then get to work on our next opponent.. tough challenge so we have to be prepared.”

YAWN

The time to talk trash and back it up is on the field.  This team is not ready.  They don’t even  seem like they’re close to being ready. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I dont care and never cared what he says in press conferences. It's all media bull####. 

What matters is three weeks in a row he has not had his team prepared to play. 

To me that is very worrisome that he has lost the locker room(whatever that means).

To me it means this team knows they are being outcoached. Diggs knows Dorsey is a clown. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What do you all expect him to say?

and did the offense really start slow? Josh threw a pick. But we also had two 10+ play drives in the first half. 

Should the team quit after a slow start? 

Teams need to close to win.  We had a lead with 2 minutes to go and the leagues worst offensive 75 yards from the endzone.  At that point, the rest of the game does not matter.  Head coach can't B word "The offense has to leave my precious defense with a nine point lead when they are more than 12 seconds left in a game"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

There is also lack of accountability.  That is a separate thing from coach speak. Some coaches take responsibility. 

McIdiot demands accountability from everyone but himself.   Should have been fired after 13 seconds and his doubling down on his own poor performance as a coach by putting down a gag order from even discussing what happened to coverup the clusterF that he was responsible for.  

I disliked him before 13 seconds.  I’ve absolutely despised him since.  He can’t be gone soon enough IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, muppy said:

I think #17 is having accuracy issues again

He came into the game leading the NFL in completion percentage. So your probably wrong.

He did not have a great game.  Which is why the Bills lost.  The Bills are have a middling coaching staff with a middling roster, and a great QB.  If the QB has a middling game we lose.  We have no other way to win. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

You mean own up to the fact that he really has no answers?  

That much seems clear.  

In fairness, what do people expect, for him to say, ... yeah, I'm a little out of my element here offensively speaking, a lot really.  I'm having to lean heavily on Dorsey and I'm not quite sure he's experienced enough to figure it out either.  

Is that the statement we're awaiting?  LOL 

No. 

You don’t wanna put really anything much on film that other teams can see.  That’s why most coaches are tight lipped. It’s not just McD. 

He came into the game leading the NFL in completion percentage. So your probably wrong.

He did not have a great game.  Which is why the Bills lost.  The Bills are have a middling coaching staff with a middling roster, and a great QB.  If the QB has a middling game we lose.  We have no other way to win. 

Pretty much. There isn’t much talent on this roster and that’s Beane’s fault. He sucks at his job.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Complimentary football x 10

27-41 2 TD's 1 Int today.  It's not often he misses open receivers as what I saw today.  Your "did not have a great game" could be due to his passiing not being on point today. Just to clarify

7 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

If your defense is consistent choking, the coach of the defense is consistently doing something wrong. 

Terrible loss, but I hope thinking people (emphasis on “thinking people”) realize that the Bills five best defensive starters were out for this game. But I really do hope that people actually think. Not a given, I know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

This doesn’t breed confidence saying the same things over and over. Makes me think he doesn’t have actual answers and is just buying time. Hoping.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Terrible loss, but I hope thinking people (emphasis on “thinking people”) realize that the Bills five best defensive starters were out for this game. But I really do hope that people actually think. Not a given, I know.

Defense is bad.  The injuries are one of the reasons.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

They resulted in 3 pts 

Due to what? A penalty in the endzone and a missed FG. And with the missed FG drive, that was also due to Josh taking a bad sack on third down. 

I am not saying everything was great today. But not sure what the coach is supposed to say when he is asked about the slow start on offense. Yeah, it would be great to start faster. But even with the slow start, if the players could execute a little better, they would have had 13 points at halftime. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.