McD Press Conference Comments

Dubie54

1 hour ago, Dubie54 said:

Q: Over the last three games, you guys have a total of 10 points in the first half. Have you been able to put your finger on anything for the slow start here?
SM: I wish I could tell you. I really do. I wish I could tell you. We talk about it. We talk about being more detailed, getting into a rhythm early, playing complementary football and all three phases working together. We haven't been able to get into a good rhythm, obviously, in the first quarter. Let's just start there. So, just overall, we've got find the answers there.

I get sick of his BS answers. How about “unacceptable” “we’re not maximizing our talent” “we’re too predictable” etc. etc. oh, but then he might hurt Dorsey’s feelings. 

I know we’re all frustrated but he’s not going to throw anyone under the bus as well he shouldn’t. What he needs to do is get it fixed behind closes doors 

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Who said that strawman, not me. You said the coach doesn't matter

No I said the coach doesn’t execute the plays on the field, so therefore shouldn’t get punished for poor execution. Plays were there to be made and guys didn’t execute. How is that McDermott’s fault? 

17 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Really just a poor job executing the fundamental defense. You have 2 guys  getting wiped out on blocks, a missed tackle and a huge gain. McD had the right call, just poor execution by the defense. Think that Dorian Williams speed was missed in the second half. 

The false flag really killed my vibe 

7 minutes ago, MPT said:

There's a lot of space between "I have no idea what I'm doing" and "it's everyone else's fault." They're both equally bad. He could have said anything and he chose one of the two worst responses. 

He never said he doesn’t know what he’s doing, or what specific misfires are happening.  He just noted they aren’t getting into a rhythm.  Lots of room to interpret his comments, although I’m pretty sure he could tell you a lot about WHAT is going wrong, but he’s more perplexed on the WHY and how to fix it.  As he should be trying to figure out.

17 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Really just a poor job executing the fundamental defense. You have 2 guys  getting wiped out on blocks, a missed tackle and a huge gain. McD had the right call, just poor execution by the defense. Think that Dorian Williams speed was missed in the second half. 

I never did find out what happened to Dorian Williams. Was he injured or pulled out?

Only talking about "rhythm" to me feels like McD is blaming the slow starts on the offense.

His DEF has been absolute ***** to start games. Even the Raiders tore us up on their first possession. 

The Jets (A A Ron injury) and the Commanders (lol) are the only teams to not score on either of their first 2 possessions against us. 

Your DEF gave up 10 points to the Mac Jones Patriots on their first 2 possessions. They haven't scored more than 20 points in a game before playing us this season. 

58 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

The final drive, or the one where they created a turnover?

Dude you can’t in good conscience defend that last drive. Our defense and certainly our Head coach/ DC knew exactly what was at stake. They blew it period.

against one of the worst offenses in the league. They don’t need apologists they need better play.( also I realize 3 of our best defensive players are gone)

1 minute ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Dude you can’t in good conscience defend that last drive. Our defense and certainly our Head coach/ DC knew exactly what was at stake. They blew it period.

against one of the worst offenses in the league. They don’t need apologists they need better play.( also I realize 3 of our best defensive players are gone)

The final drive was our defense not making a tackle and not having play recognition. Milano is on the field he makes a play on Stevenson. It’s about experience as much as it is about execution. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

The final drive was our defense not making a tackle and not having play recognition. Milano is on the field he makes a play on Stevenson. It’s about experience as much as it is about execution. 

I don’t disagree with you. But here we are

Q: Over the last three games, you guys have a total of 10 points in the first half. Have you been able to put your finger on anything for the slow start here?
SM: I wish I could tell you. I really do. I wish I could tell you. We talk about it. We talk about being more detailed, getting into a rhythm early, playing complementary football and all three phases working together. We haven't been able to get into a good rhythm, obviously, in the first quarter. Let's just start there. So, just overall, we've got find the answers there.

I get sick of his BS answers. How about “unacceptable” “we’re not maximizing our talent” “we’re too predictable” etc. etc. oh, but then he might hurt Dorsey’s feelings. 

BS answers > pointing out your QB throwing a needless pick on the first play puts a hitch in your giddy up.

Should he have thrown 17 under the bus?

Here's your issues:

1st Series: Interception

2nd Series: Score a touchdown that gets called back because of a penalty and puts us in a 3rd and 17.

3rd Series: 3rd and 7 (again because of penalties) and Torrence gets beat bad. Has Knox for an easy 1st down on a throw we've seen him make a million times but instead he pushes the ball downfield to Diggs and it's off-target

4th Series: Drive the ball to the +18 and get stuffed (one of the few times) on 1st down on the run. 2nd Down Torrence and Morris get absolutely worked and give up immediate pressure, so much so Cook (who's the hot) doesn't even have enough time to get his head turned back and Allen has to eat it. Put us in a 3rd and 16 which Allen throws away. Terrible execution.

5th Series: Ran a play to get us to the half.

I get it - execution isn't the sexy answer, but it is the correct one. We are shooting ourselves in the foot at pivotal points in the game. Foolish penalties and assignment busts led to our 3 point first half outing.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Right, he knows absolutely nothing about offense.  Entrusting the entire baby & bathwater to a second year OJT OC with a questionable regimen. 

Nothing new here.  

How to correct it is simple.  But we don't want to take the path with the tough questions and answers.  

This is one of the stupidest comments I've read on here...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Westside said:

He has to be able to stop the worst offense in the nfl with two minutes left. Or was that Allen’s fault too?

Allen did throw a horrible pick that led to a TD, and a 10-0 hole. You can’t throw picks like that and expect to win. Throw in Bass’ shanked FG and we were totally off. 

8 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Here's your issues:

1st Series: Interception

2nd Series: Score a touchdown that gets called back because of a penalty and puts us in a 3rd and 17.

3rd Series: 3rd and 7 (again because of penalties) and Torrence gets beat bad. Has Knox for an easy 1st down on a throw we've seen him make a million times but instead he pushes the ball downfield to Diggs and it's off-target

4th Series: Drive the ball to the +18 and get stuffed (one of the few times) on 1st down on the run. 2nd Down Torrence and Morris get absolutely worked and give up immediate pressure, so much so Cook (who's the hot) doesn't even have enough time to get his head turned back and Allen has to eat it. Put us in a 3rd and 16 which Allen throws away. Terrible execution.

5th Series: Ran a play to get us to the half.

I get it - execution isn't the sexy answer, but it is the correct one. We are shooting ourselves in the foot at pivotal points in the game. Foolish penalties and assignment busts led to our 3 point first half outing.

This is one of the stupidest comments I've read on here...

While I agree the offense had it's issues (to be kind) to start the game. What about McD's defense???!!???

You can't give up a 9 play 63 yard FG drive followed by a 7 play 45 yard TD drive to the worst offense in the league 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

this fan base is SALTY tonight.  One thing I will predict Terry Pegula will NOT do is announce immediate firings of ANYBODY until post season. I just don't see him doing it.

I think #17 is having accuracy issues again.  Why I personally don't think is injury related. I could be wrong

losing games in disappointing fashion is never easy or fun. I am wondering how they will perform on Thursday. That will tell me a Lot regarding this teams fortitude and ability to overcome adversity.

Josh leads the NFL in comp %.  Josh had 3 TDs and almost 300 yards.  The guy needs help, and it starts with letting him be Josh and Dorsey being replaced 

I think the Bills actually are maximizing their talent on offense…The problem is- there’s not that much talent…

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

While I agree the offense had it's issues (to be kind) to start the game. What about McD's defense???!!???

You can't give up a 9 play 63 yard FG drive followed by a 7 play 45 yard TD drive to the worst offense in the league 

It's not a one or the other thing. The OP was about the offenses slow start so I was responding to that specifically. This was by far our worst game defensively this year. Specifically (and I'll need to see the A22 to confirm) Jordan Phillips, both Dorian Williams and Tyrel Dodson, Taron Johnson and Dane Jackson looked especially bad. We were misaligned multiple times early on in the game. Our tackling was atrocious. It was bad all around.

EDIT: To be clear on Taron - it didn't have anything to do with the last touchdown - he should have had help inside on that, but didn't get it.

Edited by HoofHearted
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I want the Air Raid offense back with the actual threat of Allen running….

How many plays a game are a WASTE of delayed handoffs from shotgun. Beyond stupid. It’s so obvious on film too you can bet

Yeah because Dorsey has like 8 plays he uses and the shotgun draw is the most used. It’s so predictable. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The injuries are huge. Think.

Agreed. But the offense is healthy, and hasn't started playing with urgency or effectiveness until midway through the 4th quarter in the last 3 games. Who is to blame for that?

Edited by par73
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think the Bills actually are maximizing their talent on offense…The problem is- there’s not that much talent…

Yep. It’s Diggs and that’s pretty much it.

And it took the bills 7 weeks to figure out we have a pretty good TE that they should throw to more 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

this fan base is SALTY tonight.  One thing I will predict Terry Pegula will NOT do is announce immediate firings of ANYBODY until post season. I just don't see him doing it.

I think #17 is having accuracy issues again.  Why I personally don't think is injury related. I could be wrong

losing games in disappointing fashion is never easy or fun. I am wondering how they will perform on Thursday. That will tell me a Lot regarding this teams fortitude and ability to overcome adversity.

He was the most accurate qb in the league until today and you don’t think his shoulder had anything to do with it?🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂🙄

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Josh leads the NFL in comp %.  Josh had 3 TDs and almost 300 yards.  The guy needs help, and it starts with letting him be Josh and Dorsey being replaced 

He had some frozen rope passes  today. And he missed some open receivers.I will agree he didn't have a lot of time behind his line today for starters. I'm just not used to seeing him miss receivers as what I saw today

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He was the most accurate qb in the league until today and you don’t think his shoulder had anything to do with it?🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆😂😂😂😂🙄

explain his perfect throws.Same shoulder. Are you a Doctor?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ya I definitely think it was a factor.

Josh has been inconsistent in his decision making this year but his accuracy has been very good all year Until today, and I definitely think his shoulder injury played a role.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

He had some frozen rope passes  today. And he missed some open receivers.I will agree he didn't have a lot of time behind his line today for starters. I'm just not used to seeing him miss receivers as what I saw today

explain his perfect throws.Same shoulder. Are you a Doctor?

Are you blind? How many throws were high or inaccurate? This is the first game he’s looked like this this year. Stop acting like this is a trend. Explain how one game shows he’s having accuracy problems. Dumb….

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya I definitely think it was a factor.

Josh has been inconsistent in his decision making this year but his accuracy has been very good all year Until today, and I definitely think his shoulder injury played a role.

Apparently he didn't have shoulder pain when he knew where he wanted to go with it

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Are you blind? How many throws were high or inaccurate? This is the first game he’s looked like this this year. Stop acting like this is a trend. Explain how one game shows he’s having accuracy problems. Dumb….

don't tell me what to do. Take your cursor and hover over my name and click IGNORE. You're dismissed.

2 hours ago, Dubie54 said:

Or not enough talent/playmakers. I'd like to see some jet sweeps/screens with Harty. He was supposed to be the YAC guy coming into camp

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

MCD is part of the problem and needs to go

Is that why Daboll complained about him?

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Pretty much. There isn’t much talent on this roster and that’s Beane’s fault. He sucks at his job.

There's a couple of players that shouldn't see the field or even be on the roster and Dodson is one of them 

18 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Apparently he didn't have shoulder pain when he knew where he wanted to go with it

Because receivers not named Diggs can't get open? Or hold onto the ball?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.