Ryan Clark - Tired of Diggs’ critics

BillsFan619

This is so funny. Diggs threw a tablet on the ground in frustration. We saw Bilichick throw a phone and people just laughed about it. We saw Daboll throw a tablet last week and there were a few comments but nothing like this. This has been discussed everywhere, just a desperate attempt to keep the Allen Vs Diggs rhetoric going.

I swear between this and that singer Travis Kelce may or may not be screwing, and all the crap in between, the NFL is really nothing more than a bad reality TV show at this point with a few football games during the commercials

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I mean, he stormed out of the building after the Bengals game. Then there was the whole hoopla around camp. The next time Brady or Bill refuse to meet with the team  after a bad game give me a call. 

I’m glad it’s going well. But this isn’t just about tossing a tablet. It’s about those two large gaffes and now everything else is being piled on. 

It doesn’t mean everything is a sign of something terrible happening. I think the London thing was a total nothing burger. But Stef has also done some things to create some smoke, so people are quick to yell fire.

I wish it would go away. I don’t think this moment was a big deal. But I also get why he is under the microscope. It is what it is. All we can do is create enough good credit to make it go away. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

This is so funny. Diggs threw a tablet on the ground in frustration. We saw Bilichick throw a phone and people just laughed about it. We saw Daboll throw a tablet last week and there were a few comments but nothing like this. This has been discussed everywhere, just a desperate attempt to keep the Allen Vs Diggs rhetoric going.

I swear between this and that singer Travis Kelce may or may not be screwing, and all the crap in between, the NFL is really nothing more than a bad reality TV show at this point with a few football games during the commercials

A lot of people killed Dorsey for the exact same thing too lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With so many sports channels, podcasts, etc doing 24/7 coverage of the NFL they need something to talk about. Unfortunately it seems talking about Josh and Stef’s relationship and Diggs in general gets these outlets views and clicks. If it didn’t they wouldn’t talk about it. We know it’s overblown but nationally unfortunately it’s a story 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Clark is one of the good ones (there aren't many).

I saw Ryan at the ASU vs USC game earlier this year. His boy plays DB for the Sun Devils. He came down our aisle to get to the seat near the sideline to give some love to his boy, slapped his helmet, “go get ‘em son. I love you”

Said hi to a bunch of us sitting there. 
Just a cool interaction I thought I’d post. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

The Daboll tablet toss got a lot of attention in the local media. “As a fan, I love his passion. As a Coach, you have to do better. Especially with Daniel Jones.” That was the talking point on WFAN and the local twittersphere. They’re not wrong. For his passion, there’s a guy that gets intimidated by that, and underperforms. As a Coach, I see that in my kids. Some of the boys talk a lot, and they bark, and they get pumped up that way. Other boys don’t respond to that. They get into their own heads, and worry about that being directed at them if they screw up. Now, these are boys, and the NFL is grown ups, but Im not sure it’s all that different. 

I love it though. I love that Allen and Diggs are together. That’s very rare in this era of football. I’m glad it’s our guys!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I mean, he stormed out of the building after the Bengals game. Then there was the whole hoopla around camp. The next time Brady or Bill refuse to meet with the team  after a bad game give me a call. 

I’m glad it’s going well. But this isn’t just about tossing a tablet. It’s about those two large gaffes and now everything else is being piled on. 

It doesn’t mean everything is a sign of something terrible happening. I think the London thing was a total nothing burger. But Stef has also done some things to create some smoke, so people are quick to yell fire.

I wish it would go away. I don’t think this moment was a big deal. But I also get why he is under the microscope. It is what it is. All we can do is create enough good credit to make it go away. 

all of this.

the drama IS manufactured...but not by the media.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I hate what social media has done to this sport. It’s becoming unbearable. Football used to be a break from reality. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hate what social media has done to this sport. It’s becoming unbearable. Football used to be a break from reality. 

Social media is one of the modern poisons for our society. It does more harm than people realize, including cheapening journalism.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Agree....contrived choreographed made up hype and convoluted stories have turned this fake Diggs saga into complete and utter nonsense.  Fake news sells so keep making sh it up for an insatiable society.  Clark is 100% right. I'll never doubt Stef's passion and competitive desire to win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Stef was immature on a few occasions in the offseason, I thought he deserved criticism then. But this story is flat out BS. Just normal sideline frustration from an extremely passionate football player. What, because Josh happened to be in the camera shot that means he's somehow connected? The media has gotten really weird.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree....contrived choreographed made up hype and convoluted stories have turned this fake Diggs saga into complete and utter nonsense.  Fake news sells so keep making sh it up for an insatiable society.  Clark is 100% right. I'll never doubt Stef's passion and competitive desire to win.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Stef was immature on a few occasions in the offseason, I thought he deserved criticism then. But this story is flat out BS. Just normal sideline frustration from an extremely passionate football player. What, because Josh happened to be in the camera shot that means he's somehow connected? The media has gotten really weird.

Can we get past the "passion for winning" thing at some point?

There are more than a few better players in the league who don't resort to acts of drama (throwing helmets, tablets, shouting at QB) to reveal their passion.  Simply put, "the media" understands Diggs's MO....and he delivers for them.  Really, what else can Diggs expect from at this point??

Someone needs to tell him "yeah, we see the passion and appreciate it, but act like a pro".  It's clear this won't be McD.  Maybe Pegula calls him in or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 5

12 hours ago, Mango said:

Diggs is BASICALLY a member of this site. People on this site react the same way to certain things that Dorsey/McDermott/Beane does everyday with their comments. The only difference is that we don't constantly have a camera on us. 😎. I, personally, love his passion!! 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Can we get past the "passion for winning" thing at some point?

There are more than a few better players in the league who don't resort to acts of drama (throwing helmets, tablets, shouting at QB) to reveal their passion.  Simply put, "the media" understands Diggs's MO....and he delivers for them.  Really, what else can Diggs expect from at this point??

Someone needs to tell him "yeah, we see the passion and appreciate it, but act like a pro".  It's clear this won't be McD.  Maybe Pegula calls him in or something.

What is "acting like a pro"? Brady threw tablets. Rodgers threw hissy fits on the sidelines. Jordan punched teammates in the face. Bird/Magic got into scrums and even got coaches fired. There is a "fire" that burns inside certain athletes that makes them the greats that they are. There is no amount of talks the will extinguish that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

What is "acting like a pro"? Brady threw tablets. Rodgers threw hissy fits on the sidelines. Jordan punched teammates in the face. Bird/Magic got into scrums and even got coaches fired. There is a "fire" that burns inside certain athletes that makes them the greats that they are. There is no amount of talks the will extinguish that. 

all 3 were multiple champions who were icons in their sports—their greatness gave them the authority to demand greatness from others—particularly Jordan and Brady, who were not surrounded by some of the best in the game.  

Diggs is none of those things.  He’s a top 5 WR with no rings.  Josh Allen is a better football player, yet he has to sit their and watch these antics—-then, worse, has to cover for Diggs in the press.

Just play ball 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

all 3 were multiple champions who were icons in their sports—their greatness gave them the authority to demand greatness from others—particularly Jordan and Brady, who were not surrounded by some of the best in the game.  

Diggs is none of those things.  He’s a top 5 WR with no rings.  Josh Allen is a better football player, yet he has to sit their and watch these antics—-then, worse, has to cover for Diggs in the press.

Just play ball 

Jordan had Pippen, Rodman. Brady had Gronk, and a future HOF field goal kicker that helped win him multiple chips along with HOF defensive players. Diggs currently have Allen and future HOF Von Miller. Brady wasn't considered great from the outset, yet he had that drive/passion to be great and tried to pass it on to his teammates. I see Diggs trying to do the same. I don't see a problem with that

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Just play ball 

So Jordan and those guys didn't demand any greatness from others until after they already won a championship?  C'mon man, make it make sense! 

Call it what it really is.  It's racism 101. 

Angry black man versus passionate white man. OBK kicks a net- he is out of control. Brady yells at his o-line he is a leader. Diggs can't control his emotions and takes it out on a tablet. Belichick does the same and throws a phone.  If any black coach did what Trent Dilfer did two weeks ago he would never work again.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Jordan had Pippen, Rodman. Brady had Gronk, and a future HOF field goal kicker that helped win him multiple chips along with HOF defensive players. Diggs currently have Allen and future HOF Von Miller. Brady wasn't considered great from the outset, yet he had that drive/passion to be great and tried to pass it on to his teammates. I see Diggs trying to do the same. I don't see a problem with that

Jordan was the best player coming out of college.  Pippen turned into a star--but if you were around then you would understand the dynamic. If not then watch The Last Dance and get back to me.   How many other teams at that time does Pippen be the alpha and become a HOFer?  

Jordan and the Bulls had won 3 in a row before Rodman showed up. 

Brady and NE had won 3 SBs before Gronk was in college.  They won another with Gronk on IR.   Kicker?  They won 3 SBs with a more accurate kicker after Viniteri left. H had HOF Law and Seymour for the first 3 SBs only.

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

So Jordan and those guys didn't demand any greatness from others until after they already won a championship?  C'mon man, make it make sense! 

Jordan could back that up right away.  That's the way he was.  But he didn't exactly have the same cast and crew for all 6 championship years.  HE made those guys champs.  Pippen was notoriously soft, Rodman was poorly controlled.  Both bended to Jordan's will.

Brady could not demand greatness until he had rings.  That should already make sense to you, given who he was when he entered that first game.  What's the hard part here?

Diggs isn't doing anything like that. He's not even the best player on his team.   The guy who is the best player  has to watch these antics and then explain them to the press after.   The press didn't create these tantrums.  But they sure do lap them up---it's all part of the entertainment.   But if you can point to where, by doing these things, Diggs is "being a leader", I'm here to learn.

16 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Don’t forget the BB throwing the tablet as well.  Who was the opponent both times.  The Buffalo bills.

they just want hot takes and it’s akin to a soap opera over acting.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Are we going to get a major plot twist coming? We started strong with some holdouts, and A-aron Rodgers. We had some interesting events unfold like Travis Swiftie.

17 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

The Daboll tablet toss got a lot of attention in the local media. “As a fan, I love his passion. As a Coach, you have to do better. Especially with Daniel Jones.” That was the talking point on WFAN and the local twittersphere. They’re not wrong. For his passion, there’s a guy that gets intimidated by that, and underperforms. As a Coach, I see that in my kids. Some of the boys talk a lot, and they bark, and they get pumped up that way. Other boys don’t respond to that. They get into their own heads, and worry about that being directed at them if they screw up. Now, these are boys, and the NFL is grown ups, but Im not sure it’s all that different.

There is a reason that Daboll moved up to the booth after the 2019 New England game when Josh threw 3 INT (1 arguably not his fault) and Daboll was seen screaming at Josh on the sidelines.  Just sayin'

There is also a reason why Josh, Gabe, Morse, and I think a couple other guys opined that Dorsey should OC from the booth last year, and that McDermott made a club rule imposing a large fine on any coach who might incur an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Are we going to get a major plot twist coming? We started strong with some holdouts, and A-aron Rodgers. We had some interesting events unfold like Travis Swiftie.

How about a Detroit Lions - Miami Dolphins Superbowl, with the Lions winning?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

There is a reason that Daboll moved up to the booth after the 2019 New England game when Josh threw 3 INT (1 arguably not his fault) and Daboll was seen screaming at Josh on the sidelines.  Just sayin'

There is also a reason why Josh, Gabe, Morse, and I think a couple other guys opined that Dorsey should OC from the booth last year, and that McDermott made a club rule imposing a large fine on any coach who might incur an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

How about a Detroit Lions - Miami Dolphins Superbowl, with the Lions winning?

And LaPorta winning Super Bowl MVP

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Call it what it really is.  It's racism 101. 

Angry black man versus passionate white man. OBK kicks a net- he is out of control. Brady yells at his o-line he is a leader. Diggs can't control his emotions and takes it out on a tablet. Belichick does the same and throws a phone.  If any black coach did what Trent Dilfer did two weeks ago he would never work again.  

This is the dumbest post I read all yr

• Agree 1

On 10/14/2023 at 1:08 AM, RobbRiddick said:

I've got five bucks that say he's not screwing her

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.