Bills COO and senior VP fired

Dablitzkrieg

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

John Roth is a long time friend of Terry but from what i recall he had zero professional sports experience upon his hiring.  He was an accomplished executive at a wealth management firm.  Maybe Terry realized this guys limitations at running his sports teams.

Just like Terrance.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Pegulas are idiots. Reassign them. Don’t fire them for doing something that happens naturally. 

Why are they idiots?  Are these guys indispensable?  No they're not.  And after what happened with Brandon...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

This is why you don’t have a romantic relationship with somebody who reports to you. 

I learned that lesson the hard way myself. Best of my life, though.

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Figured it had to be workplace romance - firing the GC and COO on the same day is beyond unusual.  Those Harborcenter parties must be something else!

This is crazy because I literally just finished a massive project on workplace romance yesterday.

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Uncle Terry no likey workplace shenanigans.  Tell Russ Brandon and Lauren Hall hello.  

Wait, it was Hall? Isn't she like 30 years younger than Brandon? And isn't he short?

3 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Never dip your pen in the company's inkwell.

Way to throw away your career.

"The joys of love are but a moment long;

the pain of love endures the whole life through."

It's so true. The question is... Is it worth it? I have been wrestling with this for some time.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

To the best of my knowledge Terry Pegula and the former president of the Bills have a romantic relationship. 

What?

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why are they idiots?  Are these guys indispensable?  No they're not.  And after what happened with Brandon...

Optics. You just promoted these two. Just after firing the guy that went severely over budget on the stadium. And especially after Brandon. 

Reassign them and move on. It’s not like the city of Buffalo is flooded in executive talent. This isn’t NYC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Optics. You just promoted these two. Just after firing the guy that went severely over budget on the stadium. And especially after Brandon. 

Reassign them and move on. It’s not like the city of Buffalo is flooded in executive talent. This isn’t NYC. 

The optics of having a guy boinking his female underling is worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

This is why you don’t have a romantic relationship with somebody who reports to you. 

Don’t tell my wife that.

21 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I've been near him, he's about the same height as me, about 5'8", maybe an inch or two difference at the most. 

Ergo, short. 😘

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Extramarital

Why do so many of these coo types need to be so sleazy?  Is it like some sort of primal need to exert this artificial power?  She wouldn't look at him twice if he was in the mail room or grounds crew

Life ain’t that simple my friend.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I agree to an extent. Some things get wonky when one person roles into the other. But COO and General Council are both fairly high on the totem pole. The issue I think is the general council more so than a workplace violation. 

I worked somewhere where our SVP of Sales dated and married our general council. They were basically told “we can’t keep you both, it’s a conflict.” And we let the GC go. 

Assuming they were fairly forthcoming about it I’d give them time to work it out. 

This.  You can’t have your GC - who is your chief risk manager for the entire organization - engage in such risky behavior.  Your COO is a close second there in terms of who you’d need to be risk-appropriate.  And perhaps if they had disclosed it promptly and properly it would’ve been dealt with differently (though one of them surely would’ve had to leave).  

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Extramarital

Why do so many of these coo types need to be so sleazy?  Is it like some sort of primal need to exert this artificial power?  She wouldn't look at him twice if he was in the mail room or grounds crew

What makes you say "extramarital?"

There is no indication of that so you shouldn't carelessly make remarks to that effect.

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

With all of the turnover on the business side of the Bills and Sabres, it’s hard not to feel like the Pegulas are difficult to work for/please.

I’d be curious to see how the turnover compares to other NFL teams.

Or Kim was the stabilizing force...

• Like (+1) 1

Had to fire the senior executive and the junior executive he was bonking because they were ruining the business. As my attorney plainly put it..You just don’t diddle the help. 

They spent more time on extracurricular activities and it just put so much stress on everyone else.  They were both in really easy jobs making a ton of cash too. Idiots

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

In Terry’s day, they used to just get married

True. I guess times have changed. From Kim's wiki page:

while interviewing for a waitressing gig, she met Terry Pegula who was dining at the restaurant. In 1991, Terry offered her a job at his natural gas company and they eventually entered a relationship; they married in 1993.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Had to fire the senior executive and the junior executive he was bonking because they were ruining the business. As my attorney plainly put it..You just don’t diddle the help. 

They spent more time on extracurricular activities and it just put so much stress on everyone else.  They were both in really easy jobs making a ton of cash too. Idiots

Right on with this.  A former low-level ADA who lucked into being GC about of an NFL team about 10 years after graduation can't be shagging the boss when she's responsible for such things as, you know, sexual harassment issues at their place of employment.   How stupid they both were. 

• Agree 1

An old manager told me years ago when I was enjoying the single life and was in a "casual relationship" with a coworker in a different department and also casually seeing another girl in the organization, "Don't sh*t where you eat." I was in my 20s. It was good advice. 

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Life ain’t that simple my friend.

This.  You can’t have your GC - who is your chief risk manager for the entire organization - engage in such risky behavior.  Your COO is a close second there in terms of who you’d need to be risk-appropriate.  And perhaps if they had disclosed it promptly and properly it would’ve been dealt with differently (though one of them surely would’ve had to leave).  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.