Our next opponent….The NY Football Giants

Beast

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Haven't heard anything on Kincaid from my source, but based on other reports this week it appears he is trending in the right direction. He was spotted in a normal jersey at practice, not a non-contact. If he clears the protocol I think we're fine with him and Morris and Gilliam. In fact I'll almost welcome the opportunity to see Kincaid get the routes and targets Knox has gotten. I want the ball funneled to more dependable players.

Thanks for sharing all the inside info!

I asked a couple Ortho friends and while neither is a podiatrist, both seemed shocked Groot would play through any broken/fractured bone in his foot.  W/o knowing the details, basically said it could certainly worsen playing though it/create a long term injury.

Hopefully turns out it's not a fracture

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dane Jackson apparently has plantar fasciitis. This injury is about pain tolerance and load management. Extremely painful actually but players push through it all the time. It explains why he didn't practice much but is not declared out for the game. If it feels okay during warm-ups he will play. I would guess if it turns into a blowout he will get pulled, no need to put stress on that injury anymore than absolutely necessary.

Knox took a helmet to the wrist against the Jags and reportedly tore a ligament in his hand/wrist. There is also apparently a fracture in that area. He has it braced up. He can play through the ligament damage with the brace, but usually a fracture in that area keeps players out 2-3 weeks out of caution (the bone in that area generally does not heal very well). My guess is that if he plays against the Giants it will be a lighter load than usual.

Appreciate the info, but where'd you hear this?

• Agree 1

Daboll is smart. I expect a different offense with Tyrod starting, heavily run oriented. And Tyrod will be his usual risk averse self, so barring fumbles (which may very well happen), no INTs making life easy for the Bills. I do think they’ll run the ball effectively - having a running QB gives the Giants’ offense a lot more opportunities on the ground. 
The Bills should win, but if Tyrod stays healthy (a big if given how short his last starting opportunities lasted), I’m guessing the Giants keep the score respectable. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Dane Jackson apparently has plantar fasciitis. This injury is about pain tolerance and load management. Extremely painful actually but players push through it all the time. It explains why he didn't practice much but is not declared out for the game. If it feels okay during warm-ups he will play. I would guess if it turns into a blowout he will get pulled, no need to put stress on that injury anymore than absolutely necessary.

Plantar fasciitis sucks. It doesn't really go away until you rest it for a long while, in my experience. NBA players deal with it all the time. 

14 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

At some point, Ingram will get signed to the 53 and either Klein/Spector cut.

Makes zero sense carrying 6 LBs, when the 6th guy is a fringe rosterable type AND we need #s at CB

Agree.  Likely Klein will go back to the PS since Spector beat him out in training camp.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Appreciate the info, but where'd you hear this?

HappyDays has been giving us injury info from a source he has for months if not longer, and he's been consistently right about them, warning us of various players and their injuries 24+ hours before the first reports come out, including the initial news on Groot's foot, McGovern's MCL issue in preseason, and more. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

From NFL.com's Week 6 Bold Predictions:

Josh Allen posts eight touchdowns against the Giants, breaking the NFL record for most scores in a single game. The current league record stands at seven TDs, with four quarterbacks hitting that number since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger: Drew Brees (Week 8, 2015), Nick Foles (Week 9, 2013), Peyton Manning (Week 1, 2013) and Mark Rypien (Week 11, 1991). 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-week-6-bold-predictions-josh-allen-bills-d-set-records-c-j-stroud-finally-th

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Rousseau has a broken bone in his foot. It is somewhat of a surprise that he has no injury designation from what I've been told. I would guess he will be still be somewhat limited in the game.

Thanks for the report

One advantage groot has is that he's kind of a clean up man. Huge arms he can use to get in the air or reach a tackle

1 hour ago, arcane said:

HappyDays has been giving us injury info from a source he has for months if not longer, and he's been consistently right about them, warning us of various players and their injuries 24+ hours before the first reports come out, including the initial news on Groot's foot, McGovern's MCL issue in preseason, and more. 

Thanks. It was no criticism. @HappyDays is a fantastic poster. I was just curious.

• Like (+1) 1

I would rather face Jones than Taylor. Taylor may be not be a risk taker, but he's mobile and doesn't turn the ball over. I can imagine him dinking and dunking down the field against our replacement LB and DB. Jones seems much easier to confuse into a turnover or sack. 

2 hours ago, finn said:

I would rather face Jones than Taylor. Taylor may be not be a risk taker, but he's mobile and doesn't turn the ball over. I can imagine him dinking and dunking down the field against our replacement LB and DB. Jones seems much easier to confuse into a turnover or sack. 

I agree. That said, Tyrod has to be one the unluckiest QBs when it comes to injuries. I hope I am wrong about this, but I could see him getting banged up and leaving the game with the kind of pressure he will be under. Their oline is awful. 

6 hours ago, finn said:

Plantar fasciitis sucks. It doesn't really go away until you rest it for a long while, in my experience. NBA players deal with it all the time. 

Yup.  Had it a couple times myself.  One of my most painful injuries.  There are special braces you can wear to keep your foot stretched out so it can try and heal, but rest is about the only thing you can do to really help it.  I am sure professional athletes have more treatment options than us average joes, but it is not an injury that just goes away overnight. 

5 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

From NFL.com's Week 6 Bold Predictions:

Josh Allen posts eight touchdowns against the Giants, breaking the NFL record for most scores in a single game. The current league record stands at seven TDs, with four quarterbacks hitting that number since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger: Drew Brees (Week 8, 2015), Nick Foles (Week 9, 2013), Peyton Manning (Week 1, 2013) and Mark Rypien (Week 11, 1991). 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-week-6-bold-predictions-josh-allen-bills-d-set-records-c-j-stroud-finally-th

Would never happen. McD will never run up the score like that against Daboll. He has too much respect for him, I doubt if Allen would want to do that either.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Yup.  Had it a couple times myself.  One of my most painful injuries.  There are special braces you can wear to keep your foot stretched out so it can try and heal, but rest is about the only thing you can do to really help it.  I am sure professional athletes have more treatment options than us average joes, but it is not an injury that just goes away overnight. 

Can be incredibly painful, and at the very least causes significant overcorrection in foot strike and stride. Definitely dealt with it a couple times during puberty-age sports training. And calf injuries, which are similarly painful and persistent (but more worrisome with respect to aggravation). 

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

what a joke. the pr for the game. is josh is a running qb. giants havent been in buf for 8 years? (almost every non conf team could say this..). and yes both teams in name only can share the empire state moniker 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, finn said:

TT is also 34 years old.  He hasn't started a game (4) since 2021 in Houston.  Started 1 game in his 2 years in LAC before that.

3 hours ago, chongli said:

Cam's absolute OWNERSHIP of this record (most rushing TDs by a QB) is fascinating to me.

Cam has 74% more rushing TDs than the number two all-time QB, Steve Young.

74% more than the number-two guy on that list (soon to be rewritten by Josh, however, at least ownership of the two spot).

Yet Cam will not make the Hall of Fame. And I'm not suggesting he should, either.

Fascinating that a QB could absolutely crush the competition in a fairly substantial stat and still not have much of a legacy.

Again, I'm NOT saying Cam should be HOF worthy or have a great legacy, but this is a mind-blowing stat, to me, at least. If Cam showed some heart in his SB appearance, I think he would be remembered in a fairly better light. But he will be remembered as soft when it matters, and not a great passer. 

• Like (+1) 1

So this is one of those "I'm not really worried but what if...?" scenarios:

What if the Giants come to play out of their minds in a "win one for the gipper!!!" situations and the Giants actually win  :death:

I can't really see it happening and the Bills getting caught flat footed after last week. But I'm going to this game and that would make for a miserable car ride back to Rochester and a horrible night's sleep.

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

TT is also 34 years old.  He hasn't started a game (4) since 2021 in Houston.  Started 1 game in his 2 years in LAC before that.

Not concerned about his age, although he might not be as mobile as he was in the past. But, true, he might just be out of practice. I hope so. Still, I'm expecting a savvy veteran who won't turn the ball over and can lead a few touchdown drives. 

The only way the Bills lose this is if they repeatedly turn the ball over themselves. Or if they're sleepwalking and let the Giants hang around in a low-scoring game. Daball might also pull out all the stops: going for it on fourth down all game, fake punts and FGs, trick plays, innovations, all-out blitzing. A desperate opponent is a dangerous one. 

• Simon unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, finn said:

Not concerned about his age, although he might not be as mobile as he was in the past. But, true, he might just be out of practice. I hope so. Still, I'm expecting a savvy veteran who won't turn the ball over and can lead a few touchdown drives. 

The only way the Bills lose this is if they repeatedly turn the ball over themselves. Or if they're sleepwalking and let the Giants hang around in a low-scoring game. Daball might also pull out all the stops: going for it on fourth down all game, fake punts and FGs, trick plays, innovations, all-out blitzing. A desperate opponent is a dangerous one. 

See @without a droughtpost right above this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.