Is there an official update on Daquan yet?

Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I have a question regarding Jones. I keep reading how he is our best defensive player along with other Milano and White.  Is this analysis based on the first games of this season or was this everyone’s understanding coming into the season. I would have thought in a preseason ranking Rousseau , Poyer, Miller, Hyde and Oliver were all viewed as more important pieces.  

The defense effectively runs through Jones. He’s everything we wanted from Star Lotulelei and more. Last year he was incredible and you saw the impact when he was out one game, the Bengals playoff game.

He effectively takes on double teams, can rush the passer, is fantastic in run support, and frees up our smaller linebackers.

One could argue Groot and Ed are similarly important to the defense, but Poyer, Miller, Hyde, etc., are not as impactful, in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rigotz said:

The defense effectively runs through Jones. He’s everything we wanted from Star Lotulelei and more. Last year he was incredible and you saw the impact when he was out one game, the Bengals playoff game.

He effectively takes on double teams, can rush the passer, is fantastic in run support, and frees up our smaller linebackers.

One could argue Groot and Ed are similarly important to the defense, but Poyer, Miller, Hyde, etc., are not as impactful, in my opinion.

Von Miller is widely understood to not be as impactful as Jones?   Interior line play is now more important in the NFL a than edge rusher.  salary structure is whacked. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Von Miller is widely understood to not be as impactful as Jones?   Interior line play is now more important in the NFL a than edge rusher.  salary structure is whacked. 

If Von Miller returns to form, sure he would be more important than Jones. That remains to be seen.

On 10/9/2023 at 2:23 PM, BuffBillsForLife said:

He's dead, Jim.

I choked laughing drinking my coffee, that was great! 

There’s a difference between mostly dead and all the way dead…,

(Miracle Max)

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

that so called "expert" has been wrong about the timeline of every injured Bills player in recent memory.  

It's amazing to me these ridiculous internet doctors watching video are cited as actual diagnosis.  I guess the advent of all the legal gambling has spawned them as a way to get an edge with info - but at its core it is just speculation and nothing more.

Edited by stevewin

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

If Von Miller returns to form, sure he would be more important than Jones. That remains to be seen.

Me thinks that’s a big if for Miller. I have my doubts as his old rubber band knee ligaments are a wrong plant away from turning into coleslaw.

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Liiiiiiaaaaaaarrr!

It would take a miracle…

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

I saw him at one point of the game last night on the side lines talking to another Bills player . Wouldn't it be great if by chance he could come back & play even close to what he was before his injury .

No one has given any updates as far as either him or Millano's recovery which is kind of weird in some respects usually they say something about how they are doing in a bit more in depth type manner but not really much on that front or i just missed it completely which is a good possibility .

9 hours ago, Alpo Chino said:

Does anyone know if his return this season is on the table? I thought I read somewhere that McD hinted it was possible. 

A few weeks ago McDermott was asked about Jones and Milano and said Jones had a chance he might be able to return late in the season, Milano not.

4 minutes ago, T master said:

I saw him at one point of the game last night on the side lines talking to another Bills player . Wouldn't it be great if by chance he could come back & play even close to what he was before his injury .

No one has given any updates as far as either him or Millano's recovery which is kind of weird in some respects usually they say something about how they are doing in a bit more in depth type manner but not really much on that front or i just missed it completely which is a good possibility .

McD said a couple of weeks ago that Milano is definitely done for the season.  Also said that DQ has an outside chance of coming back (which is probably necessitated by a deep playoff run, if we even get that far)

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, T master said:

McD did give an update.  I can't tell you which presser it was though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Didn’t someone here on TBD claim to have inside knowledge that DaQuan was actually targeting next couple of weeks?  It was past few days this person made a comment.  Think they even claimed he was targeting Dallas, although that would seem extremely optimistic, as I’d think there would be a ramp-up period along with how long recovery from a pectoral injury normally takes.

@warrior9 You said you worked with DaQuan’s cousin and had inside info?

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

5 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Didn’t someone here on TBD claim to have inside knowledge that DaQuan was actually targeting next couple of weeks?  It was past few days this person made a comment.  Think they even claimed he was targeting Dallas, although that would seem extremely optimistic, as I’d think there would be a ramp-up period along with how long recovery from a pectoral injury normally takes.

@warrior9 You said you worked with DaQuan’s cousin and had inside info?

I don’t claim to have inside info. I work with a guy, asked where I was from (on a holiday work party) and he said he cousin is DaQuan Jones. He saw DaQuan during the bye week or week before. Said DaQuan was bummed about the injury because he knows he was playing at  All-Pro level. He said DaQuan was targeting the Dallas game to return. I said “oh damn so a few weeks, yeah?” He said “yeah, he’s feeling good and wants to play again.” 

again, that’s all I can offer. Whether it’s true or not will be told in time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 11

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I don’t claim to have inside info. I work with a guy, asked where I was from (on a holiday work party) and he said he cousin is DaQuan Jones. He saw DaQuan during the bye week or week before. Said DaQuan was bummed about the injury because he knows he was playing at  All-Pro level. He said DaQuan was targeting the Dallas game to return. I said “oh damn so a few weeks, yeah?” He said “yeah, he’s feeling good and wants to play again.” 

again, that’s all I can offer. Whether it’s true or not will be told in time. 

If that’s the case I think this week they “activate” him for the 3 weeks return to practice 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

There’s like zero chance he’s playing this week. He might be activated off IR but at the rate that they bring guys back it’ll be at least 2-3 weeks until he’s ready to actually come back if possible at all. JMO. 

That's untrue. They activated Knox and he played the same week. We will know if they activate him tomorrow. 

I'm not holding out hope, again, just going off of what I was told from a family member. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

That's untrue. They activated Knox and he played the same week. We will know if they activate him tomorrow. 

I'm not holding out hope, again, just going off of what I was told from a family member. 

Knox injury was a few weeks off for surgery. Not what was considered a season ending pectoral tear. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Getting DaQuan back for Dallas would be a game changer, really hope that's a realistic possibility 

Even if he came back against Dallas he probably would need a couple of weeks to “ramp up” before he can take on a big share of snaps and shake off some rust. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So Poona Ford and Linval Joseph were both free agents in the off season.  Since Joseph has signed the team has played better and is much more effective at stopping the run.  I'm thinking  if the Bills had signed Joseph instead of Ford, we may have won at least one, maybe two of the games we lost once Jones got hurt. 

I wonder if the Bills tried to sign him, but he wanted much more $$ or they just felt Ford was better and never looked at Joseph in the off season.

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm thinking  if the Bills had signed Joseph instead of Ford, we may have won at least one, maybe two of the games we lost once Jones got hurt. 

In the early years of SNL they used to do a segment called "What if...?"

I remember one in particular:  "What if Eleanor Roosevelt could fly?"

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So Poona Ford and Linval Joseph were both free agents in the off season.  Since Joseph has signed the team has played better and is much more effective at stopping the run.  I'm thinking  if the Bills had signed Joseph instead of Ford, we may have won at least one, maybe two of the games we lost once Jones got hurt. 

I wonder if the Bills tried to sign him, but he wanted much more $$ or they just felt Ford was better and never looked at Joseph in the off season.

Joseph didn't want to go through a training camp and a whole season. He waited until mid-season and signed with a contender. He did that last year too. He'll probably do that again next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

It would’ve been a lot more expensive.  Joseph is making more than ford and only played half the season. I also don’t think Joseph wanted to sign with anyone at that time.  He did the same thing last year.  Skip camp- sign with a contender and plug holes

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn’t see this posted…did I miss this?

Yeah- it was posted

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.