Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Once again, the secondary is in big trouble.

If we have to rely on Elam, every game is going be a shootout.

Yes! Elam is officially a bust. He got burned on the sideline all day. He was an ankle breaker. Problem is, he was breaking his own ankles trying to recover from the receiver breakouts. 

• Agree 1

That game was totally on McDermot, Bean, or whoever thought flying to London on Friday for a Sunday morning game was a good idea. That person should have his/her head examined. They left Buffalo  Friday afternoon and landed in London at 7 AM local time for a game that was 24 hours later.

When I was in the car Friday and I heard the radio guy say the bills just left for London I was in shock.

Dumb

Dumb

Dumb

Edited by steven50
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

I think that's part of the problem for us fans.  The up and down see-saw team makes it hard to figure out who they really are.  At this point, a .600 team.

Hey thats why the games are played, we now have even more major injuries so who knows how this plays out. I'm not giving up on this season after 5 games, if other fans want to be that way its there right. But I feel being to overly negative or overly positive is not for me. Living through the drought era has definitely taught me patience lol. So as far as the season I am just along for the ride like everyone else is, no matter what anyone on here says we aren't players or coaches on the Bills team, so no one has any clue how the rest of this season plays out.

• Like (+1) 1

Got a new version of josh today i’m going to call “corporate josh”. Corporate josh is risk adverse but doesn’t do the little things that win games, like scrambling for a first down to keep a desperately needed drive alive. 

the offense stunk today. Running out of shotgun should be used as an occasional change up, not your fastball. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Post-game thoughts

Elam had some good moments but the Jags picked on him especially in big moments. He's going to play a lot even when Benford is back so he needs to figure it out

Allen missed on two deep throws but otherwise I thought he was really good despite a mediocre offensive line performance and a horrible gamelan

I'm not as down on Dorsey as others most weeks but he was a disaster today

Too many defensive injuries to expect them to have finished the game strong 

Espensa was great

Actually credit for them not overdoing it with Von despite all the injuries. But he was a non factor 

Kincaid does something dumb every game. I see the potential but man he's gotta clean it up

Knox might not be good

Davis had a bad drop but he's good

Win or lose today, I just don't see us playing in February if Milano misses a lot of time 

• Agree 2

Just now, billsfan89 said:

It does matter because the coaching staff and players have never had that experience before so they don’t know what works best for their players. The Bills clearly got out the gate slow 

There can be conversations had with other teams/regimes on the best acclimate procedures. These guys do talk you know…

Im sure the NFL themselves have suggestions…

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Daboll HC, Dorsey as OC, and ? As DC. 

Id take that all day.

No. Offensively the Bills were as much, if not more of, a mess under Daboll as they are sometimes under Dorsey. And he's hardly lighting it up with the Giants, after inexplicably going all in on Jones. Is that the kind of judgement call they need at Orchard Park?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Yes! Elam is officially a bust. He got burned on the sideline all day. He was an ankle breaker. Problem is, he was breaking his own ankles trying to recover from the receiver breakouts. 

All he really is at this point is a loose shadow on a receiver who you just hope can make the tackle after the catch.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

There’s usually a common denominator in the bad losses we take is that everybody on offense goes invisible when we need them besides diggs. That gabe drop was a critical backbreaker

Diggs was completely out-wrestled by a 5ft 9 CB at one point.

Edited by UKBillFan

33 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Worst collective game as a team. Defense played admirably for being down who we were but had the chance to make multiple plays. 

Think every team should boycott their International games if both teams in the contest are not coming off a bye week. Especially if an opponent is there for 10+ days. 

That was a crock of sh*t. Total disadvantage. I hate international games. I wish they'd dump them but too much $$$$ for the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vincec said:

When are the Bills going to win a close game?

This is somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy. The games are usually only close if the Bills play poorly, have a lot of injuries or do things to keep the other team in it. When they’re playing badly they’re probably not doing the little things we’ll enough to win. If they  start losing em when they’re playing well , I’ll be more concerned. 

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Execution is...playcalls only are complained about when the execution fails.

Agree. But the jags weren’t all that physically impressive. They didn’t hurt Allen much. The only interception I saw was a shot to nothing. 

This wasn’t a game of margins in the field. It was a game of offensive play failure. Also, and it’s a small point, Allen’s handoffs are awful 

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He under threw Diggs on both plays!! 2nd under thrown ball was under duress though

I'd have to see the first one again,  but I think Diggs may have misjudged the ball on that one.  I don't really have an issue with it either way,  it still flipped the field.   The second that was intercepted was underthrown a bit,  but still catchable.  

In both cases,  it is what it is. 

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I may get beat up for this but that drop late in the 3rd quarter by Davis was an absolute killer. I just felt if Buffalo punched it in on that drive and took the lead the flood gates may have opened.

If I don’t hear the phrase “Big play Gabe” ever again I will be OK with that.

and yet he made one towards the end getting us right outside the end zone.

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Shocker, the anti-McD takes come out the second we lose a game. Where was this last week?

Oh they're coming out from under their bridges, unfair advantage given to the other team in them being there a week, mountain of flags, tons of injuries, doesn't matter Bills loss, out they come.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy. The games are usually only close if the Bills play poorly, have a lot of injuries or do things to keep the other team in it. When they’re playing badly they’re probably not doing the little things we’ll enough to win. If they  start losing em when they’re playing well , I’ll be more concerned. 

Personally, I would be more concerned by the fact that Bills frequently have games where they play poorly.

Just now, sven233 said:

Both the Milano injury and the Jones injury are bad according to McDermott.  Lovely.

Losing Milano is bad enough, but some people don't know how big a loss Daq is.

He was playing as good as any DT in the league.

The line isn't the same without him there.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, steven50 said:

That game was totally on McDermot, Bean, or whoever thought flying to London on Friday for a Sunday morning game was a good idea. That person should have his/her head examined. They left Buffalo  Friday afternoon and landed in London at 7 AM local time their for a game that was 24 hours later.

When I was in the car Friday and I heard the radio guy say the bills just left for London I was in shock.

Dumb

Dumb

Dumb

I agree!

I lived in Europe for seven years and I could not believe that they did not leave on Sunday night!

Their bodies are telling them IT'S 9:30 IN THE MORNING!

How much rest do you really think these guys got?

This one is on BEANE!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Did the Jags defense have anything, anything at all, to do with it? 🤔

Imo not really. There were definitely plays out there to be made and the Bills didn’t execute well. This was a lack of fundamentals, not elite plays by the Jags defense. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

and yet he made one towards the end getting us right outside the end zone.

Oh they're coming out from under their bridges, unfair advantage given to the other team in them being there a week, mountain of flags, tons of injuries, doesn't matter Bills loss, out they come.

I’ll defend McD until the day he’s gone. He’s a top-10 head coach. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh wasn't blameless. He wasn't dire - he's not about to be ripped to shreds like he was after the Jets - but he had issues.

What issues? A missed pass or two but that happens to every QB in every game. No one stood up and made a play for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'm irritated we got to be the experimental lamb for the NFL screwing some team over with this scheduling

They could have gone over any time they wanted.  These players are only used to cali jet lag which is nothing.  I travel a lot to europe and for example if you make the mistake of sleeping on the plane it will take 2-3 days before you are right.  Assuming that played into it, which is real likely it did at least some, that's on the Bills.

Just now, sven233 said:

Both the Milano injury and the Jones injury are bad according to McDermott.  Lovely.

This is what i thought.  Guys do not get pec injuries unless it is torn.

The teams 3 best defensive players are now going to be out for the year.  

the team is going to have to find help at the trade deadline.  

This sucks.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Injuries will make this less than a complete team. Offense probably won’t be able to carry them for the whole season . It’s too bad but you need a lot of luck to have a shot at the one seed. Their chance is probably gone 

One seed? They might struggle to make the playoffs as injuries mount. 

The Kincaid hype was just that hype. He's not a weapon on the team. Probably more on coaching than him. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Losing Milano is bad enough, but some people don't know how big a loss Daq is.

He was playing as good as any DT in the league.

The line isn't the same without him there.

Yup.  Milano and company get a lot of the credit, but Jones, along with the way Ed is playing, is a big reason for that.  He is a MASSIVE loss.  Beane has a lot of work to do to try to salvage the season.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.