Groot ruled out😑

JerseyBills

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1710263471428731122?s=20

Officially ruled out which sucks, dude has been balling.  AJ and Kingsley need to step up if Von is also out

Also tried changing x to Twitter and still won't embed. I'm on phone btw

even if Von DOES dress and play, it’ll be a very limited snap count.

Really wish the Giants and Jags games were reversed.

That sucks. Hopefully it’s a minor injury. I’m thinking Von and Kingsley Jonathan take up all his reps…. Jonathan is going to have a breakout game when he gets a chance. Hopefully it’s against the Jags…. Von gets some selective reps to work his way Into

football shape. 

This feels like a Vet rest game for him.  I'm not saying his foot isn't hurt.  But I bet if this was the AFC playoffs he'd be out there.  But this season I am Ok with the club sitting guys out to preserve their health for the playoffs.  The Bills have good depth and it will allow another player to shine who might have otherwise rode the bench this week.

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s bad enough he can’t play, but being purposely left in the dark over the extent of the injury and a realistic timeframe for return really sucks!

Thabks for NOTHING, Bills.. 🤨

Larry Wilson played with 2 broken wrists and caught an interception with casts on. Not even broken bone for groot. Kind of disappointed. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

That sucks. Hopefully it’s a minor injury. I’m thinking Von and Kingsley Jonathan take up all his reps…. Jonathan is going to have a breakout game when he gets a chance. Hopefully it’s against the Jags…. Von gets some selective reps to work his way Into

football shape. 

Connecting the dots, it would seem to be "minor".  A lot of reports, first from @HappyDays, that it could be a bad bruise or sprain.  Maybe a 1-3 game absence.  The fact he finished the Miami game and played through it, tells you its likely "short term" / could be similar to what Po dealt with leading up to last week (albeit his knee).

Either way, I'd expect AJE to get 50%ish of the snaps and possibly more Shaq.  Step 1 is activating Von, which would have to occur by tomorrow. Step 2, I'd assume they gave him on a snap count...maybe 25% or less of snaps...so I think we should all tamper expectations if he plays...torn acl/age 34/approx 10 months from surgery.  No need to rush him back.  AJE and Kingsley need to step up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Stinks. Hopefully not a lingering thing.

Luckily, the Bills have nice DL depth this year. Leonard Floyd has been outstanding, and AJ Epenesa has been playing well. Add in Shaq and Kingsley for breathers and, if we're lucky, Von Miller and...not too shabby.

9 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Larry Wilson played with 2 broken wrists and caught an interception with casts on. Not even broken bone for groot. Kind of disappointed. 

The more the NFL increases the number of games, the less valuable each game becomes.

We'll continue seeing players receive a week off here and there. Like Poyer last week. Just the way it is.

5 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I miss the old NFL. Tough was tough and people didn’t cry at the ref. 

I remember a couple of years ago on Inside the NFL that Ray Lewis said he would have trouble playing in today's game with how defenses can't hit players anymore. At least not like they used to. I wonder if players like Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Ronnie Lott would have been as effective as they were in today's game. All 3 were extremely physical players who would hit the opponent into next week.

Edited by Gregg

Just now, Araiza Curse said:

Larry Wilson played with 2 broken wrists and caught an interception while wearing casts. This generation is soft. 

Larry Wilson finished the game after breaking his hands.  But then missed the next 4 games after that.

Oh and here are two starting LB's with broken hands.

Spikes Willis.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The more the NFL increases the number of games, the less valuable each game becomes.

We'll continue seeing players receive a week off here and there. Like Poyer last week. Just the way it is.

The guy sat out the next 4 games with his broken hand lol.

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I remember a couple of years ago on Inside the NFL that Ray Lewis said he would have trouble playing in today's game with how defenses can't hit players anymore. At least not like they used to. I wonder if players like Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Ronnie Lott would have been as effective as they were in today's game. All 3 were extremely physical players who would hit the opponent into next week.

They need to find a happy balance between Tagliabue’s NFL and Goodell’s. Many of these personal foul penalties shouldn’t be personal fouls. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if Vonn will play but I don't believe the injury to Groot will impact their decision making in regards to Vonn playing.

I think this game is going to be a dog fight, the Jags match up well against the Bills and they have the advantage of already being there a week.   I hope I'm wrong but I do think it will be a hard fought close game.

It's frustrating that we haven't seen this defense at full strength, and we probably never will.  We won't have one game where Miller, Tre, Groot, Poyer, and Hyde all are on the field at the same time.  With Hyde and Poyer probably in their last year here, by the time Tre gets back next year, it will be a new group.  Maybe Hyde is back, but I just don't see both of them back next year.  Injuries have not been kind to this team the last few years.  Especially the major ones.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

If the Bills win Sunday to go to 4-1 then I might hold him out vs the Giants if I was Sean to give him 2 weeks to heal. I doubt the Bills will need him to get a win vs them.

Can't overlook opponents in the NFL. 

We need to stop penciling in wins, as it's never that easy. Commanders just got blown out by the Bears (who everyone thought was the worst team in the league), Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, we lost to the Zach Wilson Jets... and never forget losing 9-6 to Urban Meyer Jags. 

Sure, it'd be nice for players dealing with injuries to take a couple games off against "easy" opponents, but there's no doubt in my mind that Daboll is going to want his team sharp against his former team.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Larry Wilson finished the game after breaking his hands.  But then missed the next 4 games after that.

Oh and here are two starting LB's with broken hands.

Spikes Willis.jpg

The guy sat out the next 4 games with his broken hand lol.

Groot doesn’t even have anything broken. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.