Trade - JC Jackson going back to NE

Process

36 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm, I thought he was pretty good. Overrated, sure, but I still thought he'd be a good corner for them. But he turned out to be a disaster. I'm not sure why he played so much better in NE. Maybe he needed the New England cheating and spying machine to succeed?

Unfortunately the chief of spying and cheating Ernie Adams "retired*" in 2021 (coincidence P*ts record got worse?).

* he was pulled out of retirement in 2022 for a job.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

The patriots are going to be in the mix for a top 5 pick at this rate.  

The giants patriots game on november 26th could be a big game in determining who gets closer to the number 1 pick for Williams.  

I personally can't see a Belichick coached team vying for a top 5 pick in the draft - but who knows.

Their schedule eases up a bit. I'd guess they end up with more like 5-6 wins. 

Which is perfect.  Keep that team in the kind of purgatory we had for years, where we never had a high enough pick for a great QB or difference-maker.  

With Miami & Buffalo both looking solid for quite a few years, and the Jets possibly taking a step with either Wilson continuing to play well, or Rodgers coming back - our friends in New England might be in the cellar of the East for a long, long time.  It's heartwarming.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bears have both their own pick and the Panthers #1 pick. I think that they have Caleb Williams in the bag.

Bears really played this so unbelievably well, that this outcome was accidentally awesome. refuse to believe they played it this well.

Dodged who so far looks like a bust in Young

Acquired DJ Moore, their lone bright spot on offense

Tons of picks, and basically hedged their bet on landing Caleb

As a resident and casual fan of Carolina, im sickened. Thank God 99.5% of my eggs are in the Buffalo Basket

• Like (+1) 1

Oh good Diggs gets to visit his favorite vacation island twice this year instead of once.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I wonder if the Cheaters knew about this before trading for him:

https://apnews.com/article/chargers-jc-jackson-arrest-warrant-1983f293a21931fb2acc582b6ec7190b

You'd think he'd have a warrant in LA for robbing the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Has an arm, but he processes too slowly and his accuracy is suspect at best. It’s hard to really critique him too much as he’s on an absolute trash team. But, I don’t see a  top 20 qb when I watch him.

Papa Bill won’t be in NE for much longer. 

If they were smart theyd approach him "Good time to retire, or we're going in a diff direction". He's old, and theres no way Id want him handling my good drafting position, and why let him keep the reigns any longer, when new guys come in and want their own players. That said, heres hoping for 5 more years of Hoodie 🍻

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If they were smart theyd approach him "Good time to retire, or we're going in a diff direction". He's old, and theres no way Id want him handling my good drafting position, and why let him keep the reigns any longer, when new guys come in and want their own players. That said, heres hoping for 5 more years of Hoodie 🍻

It's better for everyone in the AFC East if the Pats hang on to Bill. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

The patriots are going to be in the mix for a top 5 pick at this rate.  

The giants patriots game on november 26th could be a big game in determining who gets closer to the number 1 pick for Williams.  

Giants, Patriots, Jets, Bears, Vikings, Broncos and Cardinals hell kind of the Bengals with their record, there are so many teams at the bottom right now I mean somebody has to start winning at some point right?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's better for everyone in the AFC East if the Pats hang on to Bill. 

He might be my favorite GM in the AFC East of our opponents.

17 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Honestly, the Pats probably should run the ball and keep it out of their trash QBs hands. They might actually have some success if they try to win ugly. 

Yeah, my comment was more a tongue-in-cheek reference to his antiquated approach of thinking that you can still win with defense and a 'three yards and a cloud of dust' offense in today's NFL. I hope he never changes his approach and is there another 10 years.

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Agree 1

Best move for both teams. Chargers get out of a massive contract for a guy who’s never been healthy enough to be productive for that contract and for the Patsies, they get a guy familiar with Belly’s requirements; guy turned him from Undrafted into All-Pro. 

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

He ranks as one of the worst corners in the NFL. The rookie must be hurt. 

Yeah Gonzales (great draft pick by them; how he fell down that far is a shocker as pre-combine he was the consensus #1) is done for the year. Season ending injury, torn labrum I believe is the report. 

50 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

The Chargers final tally on JC Jack$on:
$38.5 million for 21 games on the roster.
Paying him $10.5 million of $12 million 2023 salary, while he plays for Patriots.
Cap charge of $11.5 million in 2023.
Cap charge of $19 million in 2024.
Traded along with 2025 7th for a 2025 6th.

I thnk that leaves 1.5M for the Patriots to pay.....that is worth it for the success he had there.

It is easy to overestimate value of players on well performing teams - how much a player's performance is due to coaching & staff, system, faculties', fellow players and area?  There are many, many players who go to other teams to be expensive cog to improve machine but end up being backups until team can afford to release or trade them.

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I thnk that leaves 1.5M for the Patriots to pay.....that is worth it for the success he had there.

Yeah that's not a lot.  The question is whether he can return to the form he showed in Cheaterland that landed him that big contract?

Apparently traded because he refused to go on the field when the other player was hurt and forced the dude to play on a gimpy ankle 72 out of 73 snaps...

What a joke.  "Wasn't warm enough" was his excuse for not going in among a host of others.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-former-chargers-cb-j-001544001.html

On 10/5/2023 at 9:17 AM, Doc said:

Yeah that's not a lot.  The question is whether he can return to the form he showed in Cheaterland that landed him that big contract?

Does it matter?  Their offense has been outscored by the opposing defense the last 2 games 28-3.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Apparently traded because he refused to go on the field when the other player was hurt and forced the dude to play on a gimpy ankle 72 out of 73 snaps...

What a joke.  "Wasn't warm enough" was his excuse for not going in among a host of others.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-former-chargers-cb-j-001544001.html

Does it matter?  Their offense has been outscored by the opposing defense the last 2 games 28-3.

Not warm enough?  He is moving from team on the West Coast playing a team in a dome to a New England team which is not known for its balm weather who play the Bills and Jets with open air stadiums also not known for balmy weather.  

More like team realized he was yet another for Cheat who cannot perform without the film showing how to avoid Zebra calls so better something rather than malcontent nothing.

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Not warm enough?  He is moving from team on the West Coast playing a team in a dome to a New England team which is not known for its balm weather who play the Bills and Jets with open air stadiums also not known for balmy weather.  

More like team realized he was yet another for Cheat who cannot perform without the film showing how to avoid Zebra calls so better something rather than malcontent nothing.

Maybe he will refuse to go in against the Bills because he doesn't want Diggs to smoke him all game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.