Trade - JC Jackson going back to NE

Process

11 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

The Chargers defense is trash and in need of help yet they're still trading him. Pretty much sums up how underwhelming he has been for them.

A large part of the reason is because HE has been trash on their defense.

Just now, Big Turk said:

They have huge problems. He was hardly the only reason. They play a lot of zone and he's only really suited for man-to-man. He was a square peg in a round hole.

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

All their corners minus Samuel are trash.  The LBers have been trash.  Their safeties haven’t played well.  

most importantly- their defensive guru HC is clueless 

Jackson was part of the problem…..but the problem will persist 

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

The patriots are going to be in the mix for a top 5 pick at this rate.  

The giants patriots game on november 26th could be a big game in determining who gets closer to the number 1 pick for Williams.  

The Bears have both their own pick and the Panthers #1 pick. I think that they have Caleb Williams in the bag.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wonder if the Cheaters knew about this before trading for him:

https://apnews.com/article/chargers-jc-jackson-arrest-warrant-1983f293a21931fb2acc582b6ec7190b

I came in to post about this.

Are the cops going to be waiting for him when he steps off the plane?!?

Maybe he'll only play road games :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, MPL said:

We all knew he was overrated when the Chargers gave him that huge deal. 

Hmm, I thought he was pretty good. Overrated, sure, but I still thought he'd be a good corner for them. But he turned out to be a disaster. I'm not sure why he played so much better in NE. Maybe he needed the New England cheating and spying machine to succeed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really don’t want to see the patriots get Kingsley Jonathan

I don't think it matters. Why are you worried about our 6th best defensive end?

He is barely playing. He took 7 snaps against the Dolphins.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

So, what I read here is that Justin Fields is the next NE QB?

I'd be fine with that. Fields is not a good QB. He's a great runner, but he is not a good QB.

You'd think the league would have learned by now.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MJS said:

I'd be fine with that. Fields is not a good QB. He's a great runner, but he is not a good QB.

You'd think the league would have learned by now.

Has an arm, but he processes too slowly and his accuracy is suspect at best. It’s hard to really critique him too much as he’s on an absolute trash team. But, I don’t see a  top 20 qb when I watch him.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

No. When Josh McDaniels goes back to Papa Bill with his tail between his legs he's gonna want a pocket passer to run all those Brady plays. 

Papa Bill won’t be in NE for much longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm, I thought he was pretty good. Overrated, sure, but I still thought he'd be a good corner for them. But he turned out to be a disaster. I'm not sure why he played so much better in NE. Maybe he needed the New England cheating and spying machine to succeed?

I always thought that his interception totals overinflated his value. I've always felt that true shutdown corners don't end up getting a ton of Interceptions because they aren't getting thrown at a lot. Seeing Diggs torch him multiple times probably impacts my perception of him as well. 

11 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Has an arm, but he processes too slowly and his accuracy is suspect at best. It’s hard to really critique him too much as he’s on an absolute trash team. But, I don’t see a  top 20 qb when I watch him.

Josh Allen had a trash team his rookie year and he absolutely showed flashes of his potential as a passer.

Fields is in year 3. People still kind of treat him like a rookie, almost. He just doesn't have what it takes.

7 minutes ago, MPL said:

I always thought that his interception totals overinflated his value. I've always felt that true shutdown corners don't end up getting a ton of Interceptions because they aren't getting thrown at a lot. Seeing Diggs torch him multiple times probably impacts my perception of him as well. 

Yeah, but Diggs torches ALL the top corners. He seems to relish in it.

Jackson was overrated for sure (some were saying he was the best corner in the league), but I still thought he would be good.

38 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bears have both their own pick and the Panthers #1 pick. I think that they have Caleb Williams in the bag.

It’s a long year.  Before the season started, people were speculating that Arizona(who have their own pick plus Houston’s) would be a good bet to land both Williams AND Harrison.  Fast forward 4 weeks, and look how that has already changed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.