Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

How do you propose they dominated that game when it took a last minute TD to win?

We may have different definitions of domination 

In terms of the score, no.

Yardage wise it was like 550 to 400 or something. 

It was self inflicted wounds like fumbling the snap.

Like the bills dolphins week 3 game last year.

Bills completely dominated that game, but lost cause they kept shooting themselves in the foot 

• Like (+1) 1

Just watched the fish highlights. Tua made some tight throws but the majority of his passes were short over the middle to a WIDE OPEN WR. The fish ran well but Denver COULDNT tackle a granny in a wheelchair. They’re not THAT good at all. Oh and Tua seemed to hold the ball longer than I thought. Our DL should have opportunities to get to him 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

"Miami became the first team in NFL history to total 350-plus passing yards and 350-plus rushing yards in a game"

Crazy!

But... when has a Bills McD team last been blown out? Years ago. This D is for real. And the "new" offense with 10-12 play drives means the Dolphins O is on the sidelines. And let's not act like the Bills O aren't scary good as well. 

Colts game Week 11 2021 41 colts 15 bills

Can happen, but you’re right, doesn’t happen often

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

"Miami became the first team in NFL history to total 350-plus passing yards and 350-plus rushing yards in a game"

Crazy!

But... when has a Bills McD team last been blown out? Years ago. This D is for real. And the "new" offense with 10-12 play drives means the Dolphins O is on the sidelines. And let's not act like the Bills O aren't scary good as well. 

They were blown at home v cincy in playoffs. 4 games ago

• Dislike 1

Look I’m a huge Bills Homer admittedly but we have some seriously embarrassing posts on here. The Dolphins put up 70 points today and we have posters saying “ignore that” doesn’t count as the Broncos are bad. And then we are told that the Pats basically beat the Dolphins last week if they generate any offense.  Then we hear that the Chargers are garbage and that the Dolphins don’t deserve any credit for going on the road and getting that win.  But then conversely we are supposed to be all world beaters because we bet a dreadful LV team at home and beat Washsinton on the road. We have such candy ass fans to the point we can’t give any other team any credibiiity. I never thought I would say this but we have by far the most out of touch fan base that can’t have any non homer views on the Bills. Many of you embarrass us.  

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Ignore what happened today. Denver has a bad defense and gave up. Look at what the Pats did last week on Sunday night. Pats would have won that game if they could generate any offense. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This game will get all hype to be 100-98.  The game played will end up like 23-17 or something.

For sure. The Bills are almost never in shoot out games. It is either the Bills blowing the other team out or a close, lower scoring game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Tua can’t throw to the boundary. Clog the middle of the field, don’t give up the big play. He was Tua Turntheballovah not that long ago.

Have you watched any games of Tua this year ? There is not a spot on the filed he is not getting the ball to.  I hate that I’m now relegated to having to defend the afish but we have fans that are so clueless they scrimp at any and every reason not to believe what Tua is doing. He is a legit MVP candidate and we have fans so insecure they can’t ackwokege that. It’s embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

Have you watched any games of Tua this year ? There is not a spot on the filed he is not getting the ball to.  I hate that I’m now relegated to having to defend the afish but we have fans that are so clueless they scrimp at any and every reason not to believe what Tua is doing. He is a legit MVP candidate and we have fans so insecure they can’t ackwokege that. It’s embarrassing. 

Id say he has a preference.  Sure, he gets the ball outside sometimes.  Mostly those are prayer floaters on busted coverage or the defender is dumb. Most of his balls are to the middle of the field.

pass-chart_TAG620344_2023-REG-3_16955892

That said, the offense is well designed and has the players to execute to his strength and he is executing well thus far.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nator99 said:

Why are you being the Tua police? What fans say has no bearing on the game. The teams will face each other and one will come out on top. The Dolphins are good. The Bills are good. It should be an interesting game that could go either way.

• Like (+1) 1

The film isn't as scary as the box score. Did they really give up a pick for Payton? Denver was unbelievable. 

But Miami is the September champion 2 years in a row, deservedly so. They are dangerous and we need to combine top-notch game planning with top-notch execution. If we do that, we will beat them. Fangio has never been able to stop Josh

11 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

Look I’m a huge Bills Homer admittedly but we have some seriously embarrassing posts on here. The Dolphins put up 70 points today and we have posters saying “ignore that” doesn’t count as the Broncos are bad. And then we are told that the Pats basically beat the Dolphins last week if they generate any offense.  Then we hear that the Chargers are garbage and that the Dolphins don’t deserve any credit for going on the road and getting that win.  But then conversely we are supposed to be all world beaters because we bet a dreadful LV team at home and beat Washsinton on the road. We have such candy ass fans to the point we can’t give any other team any credibiiity. I never thought I would say this but we have by far the most out of touch fan base that can’t have any non homer views on the Bills. Many of you embarrass us.  

Do you remember in 2019 when the Ravens beat the Dolphins 59-10?

Same year we played them and yes we lost but the score was 24-17 and we lost on the last play of the game with a pass barely not being caught in the endzone.

Point is the Ravens beat the brakes off the Dolphins and were basically threatening to do the same thing the Dolphins did to the Broncos. When they played us they didn't score anywhere near that many points. 1. Because that kind of thing is a freak occurrence and 2. We have a damn defense.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Billznut said:

I think one of the most interesting topics this week will be how does Buffalo’s offense intend to play vs Miami?  Take the position of its gonna take 30+ points to win and try and win a shootout OR do you try to replicate what the Giants did to Buffalo in Super Bowl 25 and try to have ball control offense all day and try to limit how many possessions Miami’s offense will have. Pros and cons to whichever way we try to handle their offense. 

Exactly. McDermott often speaks of "complementary football." The offensive strategy might have more to do with time of possession than simply scoring.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I believe the Pats played a lot of 3 safety looks. Hopefully, we have some of that over top with Rapp because the team speed is insane on this Dolphins team. 

Who do you want Rapp to play in place of?

As far as the matchup, if one believes (as McDermott does) that games are won and lost in the trenches, then the Bills should win.

5 hours ago, Nator99 said:

Bills or Dolphins? Cause I just looked at your posts and this is sus.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Exactly. McDermott often speaks of "complementary football." The offensive strategy might have more to do with time of possession than simply scoring.

Who do you want Rapp to play in place of?

As far as the matchup, if one believes (as McDermott does) that games are won and lost in the trenches, then the Bills should win.

I think the place to play a 3td safety is on obvious passing downs. With that in mind and with how quickly Tua get rid of the ball I believe the play would be to take one DT off the field for those plays and mix either Bernard or Milano in as a rusher at times. Perhaps even Johnson from the slot corner, which he is really good at. 

The key is to give Tua different looks than what he's seen on film and pressure differently. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

My constructing the game plan is run and stop the run. 

The game will be won or lost up front. The Dolphins will make plays in the pass game. So will be the Bills. Will come down to who can control the tempo and run the ball effectively.

Yup

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

against mediocre teams, LA and NE  34-32, 24-17

against a garbage team, 70-20

I don't see them scoring "a lot" of points against this bills defense.

if the Bills scored 70 yesterday all of you would be jumping over each other calling us a Superbowl team but since Dolphins did it it's getting downplayed

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

if the Bills scored 70 yesterday all of you would be jumping over each other calling us a Superbowl team but since Dolphins did it it's getting downplayed

It's very very impressive, but this no different then people on here discrediting the Bills for crushing the Raiders and the Commanders.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Could be the game we see Elam dressed with that speed of his.

the guy who isn't good enough to even put on the uniform this season will be activated to cover the fastest receivers in the game?

image.png.6a29466e4c0eabc85f0b425e6f91bbfa.png

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

against mediocre teams, LA and NE  34-32, 24-17

against a garbage team, 70-20

I don't see them scoring "a lot" of points against this bills defense.

you won't see a team score 70 points again.

8 hours ago, Nator99 said:

Have you? He only throws floaters to the outside or on busted coverage. This Miami offense is beatable (despite the pathetic display the Broncos put on).

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Have you? He only throws floaters to the outside or on busted coverage. This Miami offense is beatable (despite the pathetic display the Broncos put on).

“Only throws floaters”

competed 16 straight passes to start the game.

if Josh wants to only throw floaters and put up those numbers I’m game. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Beast said:

Could be the game we see Elam dressed with that speed of his.

Not directly solely at you but why should we believe a guy who has not played in almost 9 months is going to show how be a difference maker?

Even if he has great talent, he hasn't seen the field to develop and learn his game, develop a feel for the NFL, or contribute toward the team chemistry.

I am very annoyed by this. He is supposed to be a first round talent. He needs to be active and playing, if nothing less than to see garbage time experience against more than just practice squad players.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Not directly solely at you but why should we believe a guy who has not played in almost 9 months is going to show how be a difference maker?

Even if he has great talent, he hasn't seen the field to develop and learn his game, develop a feel for the NFL, or contribute toward the team chemistry.

I am very annoyed by this. He is supposed to be a first round talent. He needs to be active and playing, if nothing less than to see garbage time experience against more than just practice squad players.

Did I say he was going to be a difference maker? I believe this is a game where you dress more DB’s and sit a player along the d-line.

Miami has some serious speed and it would be nice to match that speed. I think we can sit Jonathan Kingsley and dress Elam for this specific matchup.

To not at least attempt to utilize a physical speed guy in a game like this would be a mistake. Just my opinion.

Edited by Beast

Just now, Beast said:

Did I say he was going to be a difference maker? I believe this is a game where you dress more DB’s and sit a player along the d-line.

Miami has some serious speed and it would be nice to match that speed. I think we can sit Jonathan Kingsley and dress Elam for this specific matchup.

No, you did no but I said not solely directed at you, as well.

A lot of people are thinking Elam is going to be part of the factor Sunday. I don't see how or why.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.