Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

31 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Cook missed due to personal reasons. No game designations have been given yet. IMO nothing to worry about unless he misses again tomorrow. 

F6krK-4WMAAdemF.jpg

EDIT: James Cook had a baby today per Katherine Fitzgerald 

HOORAY for him AND for us!

43 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Cook missed due to personal reasons. No game designations have been given yet. IMO nothing to worry about unless he misses again tomorrow. 

F6krK-4WMAAdemF.jpg

EDIT: James Cook had a baby today per Katherine Fitzgerald 

Good usage of "per" instead of "via"...would have definitely led to some interesting takes.

Unfortunate to hear the Kirksey news... liked having that veteran backup option for Bernard if he gets dinged and I felt like he was going to be an upgrade over Klein with MLB coverage assignments.

The Bills need to focus on this opponent - could easily be a trap game if their attention drifts to Miami next week.

Our defense has been gashed early in games with screens and some reverse sweeps... seems to be a combination of being a bit overly aggressive getting up field and some dumb inside moves by our DEs losing contain on the edges (Epenesa last week). Looking for some more discipline early from that unit to play sound and pitch an early shutout.

Hoping we are able to pad an early lead on them and then you can release the dogs so they can feed. Also, fingers-crossed that Dorsey has a solid game plan and Allen plays within it but still does the Allen things needed when the play design breaks down. Expect more play-action and runs to slow down the rush and help the offense get into a rhythm.

Would like to see Kincaid continue to evolve as a receiver and build on the success he had last week.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Aren't both ways acceptable? If you use "vs" instead of "@" then it's "home team vs away team"

Wow... all these decades and I had never run across that convention. Gonna look into it a bit deeper.

3 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Wasn't the same kind of storm taking aim at the Baltimore game last year?  Someone has to stop scheduling these late sept/early oct mid atlantic games.

The range of tropical storms both geographically and calendar-wise has expanded. Recently California had its first tropical storm on record (causing flooding in SoCal). Also, Tornado Alley has grown both eastwards and northwards.

I would guess that simply tweaking the algorithm isn't going to accomplish anything other than making the schedule maker's jobs more difficult.

2 hours ago, jletha said:

https://x.com/pathammer/status/1704805206708703468?s=20

Pat Hammer says the storm will be gone

I wish he would stick to running the parking lot. That's a big enough job as it is.

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Wow... all these decades and I had never run across that convention. Gonna look into it a bit deeper.

Yep, that's the convention. The other convention is that the away team is supposed to be listed first, home team second (or away team on top, home team on bottom).

So if you see a score listed, Bills would be on the left, Commanders on the right—or, alternatively, Bills on top and Commanders on bottom (😲).

When a team's media group or the hometown paper is talking about a particular game, then they would usually refer to the Bills first, so then it would follow the @/vs. convention: either be Bills vs. Other Team (home game) or Bills at Other Team (away game).

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The range of tropical storms both geographically and calendar-wise has expanded. Recently California had its first tropical storm on record (causing flooding in SoCal). Also, Tornado Alley has grown both eastwards and northwards.

This tropical system is 280 miles off the coast of Florida, but we had a severe thunderstorm move over my house this afternoon with 55mph wind gusts and small hail....lost power for 30 seconds, and internet for eight minutes.....for as bad as that storm was howling, I figured the power would be off for hours, not seconds.

What I'm getting at is that even if the center of the system is past the DC area by gametime, weird things can still happen when a tropical system is nearby.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Worried about our defense. I feel Like they overplay on jet sweeps and screens, and I can see the Skins running a lot of those, and other misdirections on Sunday.  Hopefully our guys stay disciplined. 

They will absolutely do this is part of their opening script

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Worried about our defense. I feel Like they overplay on jet sweeps and screens, and I can see the Skins running a lot of those, and other misdirections on Sunday.  Hopefully our guys stay disciplined. 

Yeah I hope they tighten up defending the screens, teams will continue to exploit the weaknesses until it’s corrected 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Tomorrow will be key for Knox to get a practice in. If not, fire up Kincaid in all fantasy formats....

Wouldn’t it be just so joyous if he took complete advantage of a Knox injury and just posted 8-110- 1 or something crazy.

This place would explode. 

• Agree 1

This tropical cyclone/Nor’easter that will

be hitting right over the DC/Baltimore region on Saturday & Sat night will be delaying and/or cancelling flights.  Bills fans flying down should be flexible and have a backup plan to bail on the flight and to drive instead. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cook didn’t practice either today for some reason. Edit:wasn’t spotted during viewing portion. Could be nothing 

Cook didn’t practice because 9 months ago today he was busy.  Now he’s got a little baby Cook

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep.  Some of the "concerns" have a bit of merit to them.  I just wonder IF these Bills fans were Washington fans what their concerns

would be about playing the Bills.

Running the ball against a defense that stuffed Jacobs and did way better than stats say against the Jets, going up against two really good corners and a fantastic nickel back, not being able to protect our QB against an elite DLine (that doesn't even have Von Miller good gracious), and then the other side not having the backers or really secondary to come close to containing the Bills plethora or weapons. It's almost completely going to come down to not just pressuring Allen, but then containing him and not letting him Josh Allen because we don't remotely have the back 7 to defend this offense in those situations

• Agree 1

Injury report.  Only Knox did not practice because of injury.  A few players were limited.  What's with Washington though.  Doesn't the league mandate an injury report.  Washington hasn't posted any either for Wednesday or Thursday.  I can't believe they don't have anybody dealing with bumps and bruises at least. 

13 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Injury report.  Only Knox did not practice because of injury.  A few players were limited.  What's with Washington though.  Doesn't the league mandate an injury report.  Washington hasn't posted any either for Wednesday or Thursday.  I can't believe they don't have anybody dealing with bumps and bruises at least. 

https://www.commanders.com/news/commanders-bills-week-3-injury-report

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.