Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was told the traffic is worse than any stadium or arena I've been to so I got a hotel that said it was a mile away, figured we'd walk.  After we booked it my friend said don't stay at any of the hotels near the stadium they're terrible. Looked on map, it's not a mile away it's 2.5 miles. Should be a fun walk with three disabled people who's limit is about a mile. 

Would there be a shuttle?

Example

https://senatetransportationservices.com/sports-html/

Might be worth the $$ with disabled folk.  If disabled, any benefit to calling Ravens Commanders guest services and asking for advice?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Would there be a shuttle?

Example

https://senatetransportationservices.com/sports-html/

Might be worth the $$ with disabled folk.  If disabled, any benefit to calling Ravens guest services and asking for advice?

I’m guessing they’d sympathize with hin but then just refer him to the Commanders’ guest services line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Washington Offense Ranking Through Week 2:

YGP - 18th

Pass/Run balance - 61%/39%

Sacks/game - 29th (5.0 per)

I could list a ton of other stats that show the Commanders have been about the middle of the road as far as offensive production, rushing yards / attempt, passing yards per completion, etc.

Keeping this in mind that they’ve played both Arizona and Denver, this is a game the Bills should be composed to control the LOS and shut down the offense. 

As far as our offense goes vs there defense, just stop that pass rush from the stout DL and this is a 35-20 game IMO

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, arcane said:

They profile like a better version of the Raiders, while still not being great. Weapons at RB and WR, great players on DL (not just 1), probably vulnerable behind them. Howell is still very green but actually shows some promise for them. Bills should win, and are capable of winning by a lot, but Washington is capable of keeping it close, and if the Bills don't feel like showing up, they could steal one. 

I think we continue to see Josh play with focused purpose and it really ìs fun to watch.  And so far h.es spread the ball around and they are all contributing.  

Seems we maybe starting to see the work kromer put into the oline schemes.  Players did say it took 2 years to get comfortable with it.  Seems like torrence blended in  easily. 

Edited by AuntieEm

4 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

In almost every throw Sam is climbing the pocket before he unleashes. I think with our DTs that’s going to be a problem and we are going to see a lot of back foot throws. I take every team seriously but if Buffalo comes out and plays the same gameplan we did against the Raiders, we win easily. Instead of Crosby you chip Young on most plays. Cook should be able to get the edge on these guys, their LBs aren’t anything to write home about. Their secondary is suspect as well so if we can establish the running game the play action shots will be there all day.

Maybe.

This DC team kind of reminds me of Marrone’s Jaguars - scrappy and they kind of bring their opponents down to their level in every game - their games are messy and weird stuff seems to happen.  The Raiders are perfectly happy to lie down for you without much of a struggle.  This team is different.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

This feels like a big game for Kincaid and Cook.

Josh isn't going to have time to waste back there.  

Agree with the initial statement but not sure the second part is necessarily true. 

It’s a bit of a game of cat and mouse. Are Kincaid and cook good options because the Bills can’t withstand a pass rush? Or is it that they are good options preventatively to nullify it? Or simply a result of coverage? 

If Dorsey continues to take a page out of last week, it’s the latter. The OL played wonderfully and cook and Kincaid were benefits of the deep coverage and quick game. 

I could also see it being option two: Dorsey wanting to use the quick game, screens etc to slow a pass rush to take shots at their young secondary from time to time. 

I respect that WAS DL a lot, but also know that the Bills OL ain’t a push over and if schemed up well (see Crosby last week) then it could become a non factor 

I'm still all about Shakir being that RAC receiver as opposed to Harty. Shakir seems to have better contact balance than Harty. 

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

the bills should be blowing out every team IMO. i expect another shellacking this weekend.

I see the Bills defensive line having another good game. Have to be careful with Howell's running ability. I can see Bieniemy giving Howell a first read and run type of game plan

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Agree with the initial statement but not sure the second part is necessarily true. 

We're going to see what this o-line is made of.  Also Josh's ability to adopt this quick/short passing attack.

Last week it was just Crosby.  This week it's Sweat, Payne, Allen and Chase Young.

After two weeks, the best team in the NFC, and NFL, according to point differential, is the Dallas Cowboys (+60). The best team in the AFC, according to point differential, is the Buffalo Bills (+22). Dallas' lead on the number 2 team (San Francisco) is 30 points.

NFC

1. DAL (+60)

2. SF (+30)

3. GB (+17)

4. ATL (+15)

5. TB (+13)

6. PHI (+11)

7. LAR (+10)

8. WAS (+6)

9. NO (+4)

10. DET (-5)

11. ART (-7)

12. MIN (-9)

13. SEA (-11)

14. CAR (-17)

15. CHI (-28)

16. NYG (-37)

AFC

1. BUF (+22)

2. BAL (+19)

3. CLE (+17)

4. MIA (+9)

5. KC (+7)

6. JAX (+2)

7. TEN (+2)

8. IND (+1)

9. DEN (-3)

10. LAC (-5)

11. NE (-12)

12. NYJ (-14)

13. PIT (-19)

14. CIN (-24)

15. HOU (-27)

16. LV (-27)

NFL Standings - 2023 season - ESPN

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t underestimate Sam Howell.  Most of you probably have no recollection that after his sophomore year at UNC he was a very highly touted NFL prospect.  He set a UNC freshman record with 38 TDs and followed it up with 30 the next season.  He returned to school for his junior year and the Heels had a horrid offensive line; he was running for his life most of the time.  His draft stock suffered significantly as a result.  He’s not huge (6’1”) but his arm is plenty strong, and he’s a true “dawg.”  He had over 800 yards rushing his junior season.

My point is simply that this is no “journeyman” QB or typical 5th round pick.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Howell isn't elite by any means but can make plays. Looked pretty good in the second half last week. Can extend plays with his legs and has a lot of underrated weapons around him.

False bravado from some aside, this week will be a real good test for this team IMO.

Dan Orlovsky said that Howell has a cannon for an arm and it's almost as strong as Josh's arm.

And ESPN says he has the highest 4th qtr / overtime QBR in the NFL.

Holy ****!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

For those going, the local MD weather forecast is sounding a little better for Sunday afternoon.  The big rains predicted to form off the east coast look to be mainly early Sat morning through early Sunday morn, then trending dryer.  But it could always change so lets hope.

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Dan Orlovsky said that Howell has a cannon for an arm and it's almost as strong as Josh's arm.

And ESPN says he has the highest 4th qtr / overtime QBR in the NFL.

Holy ****!!

In both the Commanders games this year they came from behind to win it. Howell looked awesome I'm those comebacks. 

If Buffalo gets an early lead it will be really important to not take the foot off the gas because this Commander team will not quit. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

In both the Commanders games this year they came from behind to win it. Howell looked awesome I'm those comebacks. 

If Buffalo gets an early lead it will be really important to not take the foot off the gas because this Commander team will not quit. 

I've only watched one of Howell's games (last week), and yes, he did show the ability to zip the ball in there.

There's also kind of a windup to his delivery when he needs to put some mustard on the ball. Not sure how well he can deliver passes on the run either. That's something else that separates the Josh Allens from the Sam Howells. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I've only watched one of Howell's games (last week), and yes, he did show the ability to zip the ball in there.

There's also kind of a windup to his delivery when he needs to put some mustard on the ball. Not sure how well he can deliver passes on the run either. That's something else that separates the Josh Allens from the Sam Howells. 

Not really sure about his throwing on the run either, though I seem to recall a fair amount of that footage from him coming out for the draft IIRC. I'll have to look that back up this week if I have time.

One thing I did see is that if he's pressured from the DE spot he lets himself get flushed back up into the pocket to elude and fire a pass. If Buffalo can force him into that it could be a REALLY big day for Ed Oliver to get a couple of cleanup sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not really sure about his throwing on the run either, though I seem to recall a fair amount of that footage from him coming out for the draft IIRC. I'll have to look that back up this week if I have time.

One thing I did see is that if he's pressured from the DE spot he lets himself get flushed back up into the pocket to elude and fire a pass. If Buffalo can force him into that it could be a REALLY big day for Ed Oliver to get a couple of cleanup sacks.

Right. The Broncos got good edge pressure on him in the first half. But their defense was either not talented enough or too poorly coached to respond effectively and keep contain when Bieniemy went to the age-old playbook: neutralize that big rush through screens. Really a terrible Broncos defensive performance that Sean Payton is trying to deflect onto Russell Wilson. 

I trust McD will have a better plan.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

I am very strongly bias against people who use the noun form of a word when they are looking for the adjective form 

If Mahomes had thrown that pass, there would have been a 30-minute segment on GMF breaking down the play from every angle. 

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

If Mahomes had thrown that pass, there would have been a 30-minute segment on GMF breaking down the play from every angle. 

Yes hello I edited an embarrassing grammar mistake I made in a post where i critiqued someone's grammar but you quoted it within the 3 seconds it took me to fix apparently so kindly change the word in your quoted post too thanks especially because you really should have quoted the original post and not mine, since your comment relates to the content of the video and not the content of my post 

(I'm just screwing around haha)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Yes hello I edited an embarrassing grammar mistake I made in a post where i critiqued someone's grammar but you quoted it within the 3 seconds it took me to fix apparently so kindly change the word in your quoted post too thanks especially because you really should have quoted the original post and not mine, since your comment relates to the content of the video and not the content of my post 

(I'm just screwing around haha)

Done

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.