Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im not saying that’s crazy but i think Wilson is head and shoulders about turf toe Terry at the moment. The others might favor Washington but I tend to lean towards the top end being more important than the supporting cast the way the leagues set up. If a bad teams going to beat us, I think it’s a special player making spectacular plays that’s more likely than WR3 beating us up. 

I'll just say that if Sam Howell were on the Jets and Zach Wilson were on the Commanders, I'd be thinking totally differently about this game and their seasons.

26 minutes ago, teef said:

i swing a sword at my wife a couple of times a week.  

That's a healthy physical activity for couples. One way or the other someone's gonna lose some pounds... always good to get the blood flowing.

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im not saying that’s crazy but i think Wilson is head and shoulders about turf toe Terry at the moment. The others might favor Washington but I tend to lean towards the top end being more important than the supporting cast the way the leagues set up. If a bad teams going to beat us, I think it’s a special player making spectacular plays that’s more likely than WR3 beating us up. 

Yeah, whereas the Commanders might have a deeper WR corps, Garrett Wilson stands well above any individual WR on either team.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

So, this is what keeps you up at night…😉

It depends on the size of the booth and the size of the men... sometimes it seems they're uncomfortably close.

I sometimes wonder if their thighs are touching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why didn't you just go to McDonald's?

Luxury

We were so poor…, 

32 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Is McLaurin injured? Dont think I knew that. 

Like Garrett, Terry's production is pretty crazy considering the cast of QBs who have thrown at him. I think Terry could round into another Diggs if he ever moved to a situation like ours. I'm not gonna say it's wrong to prefer Garrett though 

Part of this is how badly I wanted us to draft McLaurin that year. That school produces some crazy WRs

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Stop man, I may die of laughter

why? because he put up 20 against the Cards?

or is it the fact they beat the hapless donkos

I see a very confident QB with underrated arm talent and a lot of weapons.

Their defensive front is as good as any we’ll see all season.

Only thing I will say is Howell isn’t afraid to throw it. So maybe our safeties can make some plays.

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

I know a lot of Bills fans in the Mid-Atlantic are traveling over for this one.  It's been a beautiful September in Maryland unfortunately for this Sunday, pack your rain gear.  There's a low pressure system predicted to move up the coastline Saturday into Sunday.  Breezy (gusts to 30 mph) and rainy.  With any luck it will arrive sooner, early Saturday and not be as bad for Sunday at 1pm.  But be prepared for lousy weather.

Bills fans will be well represented in the stadium on Sunday, that’s for sure! There is A LOT being organized around here right now. There are a lot of Bills fans in the DMV, and it seems like a lot of folks have pegged this one as a travel game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, zow2 said:

I know a lot of Bills fans in the Mid-Atlantic are traveling over for this one.  It's been a beautiful September in Maryland unfortunately for this Sunday, pack your rain gear.  There's a low pressure system predicted to move up the coastline Saturday into Sunday.  Breezy (gusts to 30 mph) and rainy.  With any luck it will arrive sooner, early Saturday and not be as bad for Sunday at 1pm.  But be prepared for lousy weather.

We were really looking forward to going since this is like the first September game in DC since before ‘72 but with a 1 year old it just wasn’t worth dropping the money to sit in the rain with a kid on your lap for four hours and no umbrella.  Had some great club seats scoped out too but was following that storm for a few days…. Oh well, there’s always 2030! 😂

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think you underestimate how much the traffic and stadium sucks 

I would rather drive 3 hours away than go to this stadium 

Was told the traffic is worse than any stadium or arena I've been to so I got a hotel that said it was a mile away, figured we'd walk.  After we booked it my friend said don't stay at any of the hotels near the stadium they're terrible. Looked on map, it's not a mile away it's 2.5 miles. Should be a fun walk with three disabled people who's limit is about a mile. 

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Was told the traffic is worse than any stadium or arena I've been to so I got a hotel that said it was a mile away, figured we'd walk.  After we booked it my friend said don't stay at any of the hotels near the stadium they're terrible. Looked on map, it's not a mile away it's 2.5 miles. Should be a fun walk with three disabled people who's limit is about a mile. 

There's got to be some other folks here that are going.

Anybody able to grab Karlos on the way in?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I hear the same thing.   For a stadium that isn’t that old, they did a horrible job with location and fan support.  The upper decks are so slanted that people have fallen down the stairs.  The middle tier of seats have a ton of obstructed views.  

The worst stadium in the league, top to bottom

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Simon said:

There's got to be some other folks here that are going.

Anybody able to grab Karlos on the way in?

Thanks! I guess my brother's friends sister lives close by and will be taking the people that can't make the trip.

This trip has been a mess figuring everything out. We have people coming from all over. Some are coming to Buffalo and driving with us some are flying to DC and we have to pick them up, others are going to Delaware(why idk). Then some try to come in at same time as others and change their plans while the others do the same with no communication and they're back to coming in at different times in different places. 

They had an air BNB from today until next Tuesday now it's only sat-tues and others have to find hotels last min then move later. Friends had room then they didn't then they did. Everything changes every hour or so. 

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hear the same thing.   For a stadium that isn’t that old, they did a horrible job with location and fan support.  The upper decks are so slanted that people have fallen down the stairs.  The middle tier of seats have a ton of obstructed views.  

The worst stadium in the league, top to bottom

Yep. The first seats I looked at were 50 yard line in the covered seats but there was a pole that blocked from the 45-45.

I should have waited to buy tickets. They're $120 cheaper now. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He can sling it.

In almost every throw Sam is climbing the pocket before he unleashes. I think with our DTs that’s going to be a problem and we are going to see a lot of back foot throws. I take every team seriously but if Buffalo comes out and plays the same gameplan we did against the Raiders, we win easily. Instead of Crosby you chip Young on most plays. Cook should be able to get the edge on these guys, their LBs aren’t anything to write home about. Their secondary is suspect as well so if we can establish the running game the play action shots will be there all day.

• Agree 1

I get a sense the loss to the Jets might be a blessing in disguise. They have no illusions that they can just show up to a game and expect to win. Plus, they seem to thrive on being doubted. Last year's anointed status never did seem to sit well with them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.